(천국) 사랑해

Loving You Is Beautifully Painful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

🎧 RECOMMENDED SONG:   It's Cold

 

Doctor and nurses are really busy in the operation room. Wangeun is lying there, on the bed unconsciously. His broken leg and excessive bleeding head seem so critical after he get involved in the traffic accident. His car crashed so badly as it was hit by trailer truck. Thankfully, the driver took responsibility for the incident and called for ambulance to help Wangeun who had thrown out from the car and lying on the road with bloody limbs.

 

Meanwhile, outside of the operation room, Wangeun and Soondeok are standing there and looking into the room through a glass window. Soondeok hesitantly turns her head, look at her husband (wangeun's soul) beside her. That guy looks scared as his shaking teary eyes glued to his own soulless body in the operation room. Soondeok takes her husband's hand gently and he looks at her.

 

"Come with me." She says before starts to leave the corridor, heading to somewhere else. Wangeun just obediently follow from behind, let his wife lead their way. His eyes lowering down as the image of himself in the operation room just now still clear in his mind.

 

Later, they stop walking once they arrive at waiting area. There are Wangeun's family; his parents, his siblings, his friends. All of them seem sad, especially his mom who is crying so hard in his dad's arms. Wangeun gulps, tears rolling down, mouth agap.

 

Soondeok sadly smile and looks up to her husband beside her. "Everyone need you and hope you'll be safe." Wangeun looks down now. "Come back to your life. You can't stay with me." Soondeok feels like her own eyes are tearing right now even though she's trying hard to smile.

 

"D--Don't do this to me." Wangeun shakes his head, hard to believe this situation. He never expect this thing will happen in his life; to make decision whether to live with family or die with beloved wife. Soondeok sighs and make Wangeun facing her.

 

"Listen to me. If you want to stay with me just because you feel guilty towards me, I've forgive you, everything, don't feel sorry anymore. Haesoo must be so sad if she knows about your condition right now---"

 

"Stop with Haesoo! You felt jealous when I talked about her, but now you're the one who keep saying her name. Quit it. She's not my wife. You are." Wangeun mutters lowly, still feel shy to say such things. So adorable. Soondeok smiles warmly, amazed by how different her husband now. The person who hurt her a lot and always make her cried now becomes so nice and protective.

 

Soondeok shakes her head, smiles sweetly but still can't hide her sadness. "Thank you for accepting me in your life. Even if your love not for me at the first place, but thanks for let me show how much I love you."

 

"What're you saying? I'm the one here who has no chance... to show my love... for you." Wangeun still looking down, whispers at his last few words, shy. Later, he looks up to his family again. Everyone seem so sad and gloomy. Soondeok's dad is there too, as Soondeok is also in the same hospital. Wangeun takes a deep breath and sighs heavily. This is too hard for him.

 

Suddenly, the same doctor who treated Wangeun in operation room earlier comes into the waiting room, just settled the operation perhaps. His face expression doesn't look so good.

 

"Doctor, how's my son?!" Wangeun's dad and the rest immediately stand up when they see the doctor. "How's my son, doctor? Please tell me he's getting fine!"

 

Wangeun and Soondeok are still standing near those people, watching the situation. The middle-aged male doctor quietly sighs and look a bit hesitate before he speaks. "We've tried our best. His condition is still so weak as he lost so much blood. He should try his best too. As for all of you, keep praying and don't lose hope."

 

Again, Wangeun's mom cries. She can barely speaks, "C--Can I come in to see him?" Her husband is hugging and comforting her.

 

"Sure. But don't take so long. Everyone need to leave before 10 pm and only parents are allowed to stay." The doctor informs before leaves.

 

Wangeun's parents go into the patient room to meet their son. Wangeun follows along to meet himself. Meanwhile, Soondeok is still staying outside, eyes glueing on his dad who seems tired. His swollen eyes obviously show that he cried for what had happened to his daughter and son-in-law. Soondeok comes closer and kneeling in front of her dad who is sitting on a chair.

 

"Appa... I'm sorry as I failed to stay a bit longer. Please don't cry, please... please take care of your health. Please find someone to accompany you." She builds her strength to speak those words because it isn't easy to see her dad in this situation, knowing that he has nobody else now. "I'll still watching you from above. So, live your life happily. Okay, appa?" She continues before rests her forehead on her dad's knee and cries.

 

Meanwhile, in the patient room, Wangeun is standing beside the bed, watching his parents cries over his soulless body on the bed.

 

"My son, please wake up. Mom and dad are here, dear." His mom is begging and crying. She already looks so tired. Her husband still trying to calm her down. Wangeun gulps at the pain he feels in his heart by seeing how broken his parents, especially his mom. Soon later, Soondeok comes into the room and stands beside him.

 

"Honey, don't cry. Wangeun must feel so sad if he sees you like this."

 

"I want my son... I want to talk to him a bit more. I want..." She sobs and slowly calm down in her husband's arms. Later, she falls asleep as she is so tired crying so long.

 

"Wangeun ah.... if you're listening right now, dad is begging you... please wake up and meet us. Even just for awhile, please... mom still can't accept this, especially after what had happened to your wife." The father speaks softly, holding to his son's lifeless hand.

 

Soondeok looks away at this sad scene. She knows, Wangeun must feel mixed up at this moment. And she knows, he will leave her soon to meet his parents. This thought crazily hurt her inside but in the same time, she feels happy for Wangeun. Whatever that can brings happiness for her husband, then she's okay with it. Later, she leaves the room to give some privacy for Wangeun to talk and interact with his parents. And perhaps, she won't meet him annymore.

 

.

.

.

 

(Soondeok's pov)

 

This night feels colder than usual. Appa already went home, same goes to Wangeun's friends and relatives. My funeral will be held later, perhaps appa still planning about it. I'm just wandering around outside of the patient room, wanting to make sure Wangeun is fine.

 

Next hour, I'm surprised by Wangeun's dad who suddenly run out from the room and calls for doctor.

 

"Doctor! My son! My-- my son already wake up!! Doctor!"

 

I swear, I feel sad but happy in the same time. 'Wangeun is alive? Yes! He's still alive! Thank God!' I walk closer to the room and looking inside through glass window there. Wangeun's mom is smiling with joyful tears while gently her son's hair. I smile softly at that scene.

 

'Wangeun chooses to stay alive. He'll be happy, and so I am.'  I'm reassuring myself. 

 

Later, doctor and nurses come into the room to check Wangeun's condition. His mom and dad have to leave the room for awhile while waiting for doctor to finish give any needed treatment for Wangeun who just conscious. His head damages quite badly and lost so much blood. To wake up this soon is something unexpected, according to doctor. Wangeun must feels so guilty and sad to see his mom cried so hard and his dad who seems so sad. That's why he come back into life this soon, right? I smile again.

 

'I know it. My Wangeun really is a kind-hearted person. A nice and loving son.'

 

But honestly, deep in my heart, I hope he can -at least- bid good bye to me before he leaves just now. I scoff and look down. 'I miss him already. Shame on me.'

 

.

.

 

"Are you... Wangeun's wife?" A tall male in black neat coat approached me when I was standing alone near dish table at the corner of the hall.

 

"Yes, and you...--?" I felt awkward, honestly. Perhaps, he was one of Wangeun's colleagues. I knew nobody here as everyone wasn't familiar and still so stranger for me. It was Wangeun's friend's birthday party. He suddenly brought me here as he said Haesoo was busy and couldn't come with him tonight.

 

"My name is Hansung, one of Wangeun's best friend." He smiled, so friendly.

 

Hansung? Wangeun had said that name before. Oh wait! Didn't it meant... this birthday party--

 

"Hey, birthday boy~ What are you doing here? Cake time~" Another male came towards us and casually wrapped arm around Hansung's shoulder. "Oh, Soondeok ssi~ Why're you here alone? Where is Wangeun?" This second male was much familîar than the first one (Hansung). His name was Hoojun, also one of Wangeun's close friend, the closest one.

 

"You knew her? How come I just met her tonight?" Hansung knitted his eyebrows, folded arms.

 

The tallest one smirked. "Wangeun once brought his wife to Yixing's party and introduced her to us. You were still in Canada that time. That's why."

 

Hansung just nodded and looked at me again. I just bitterly smiled as I recalled back that bad night at Yixing's party. The day when Wangeun insulted and made fun of me infront of all his friends. Sadly. "She's my... uhm.. something like wife. Ah... I'm sorry. She never wear this dress thingy. This is my first time too seing her in dress. I never expected she'll look like a bear. A feminine bear. Pftt hahaha. Please forgive her look." His words still clear in my mind until now. But still,

 

still I love him.

 

I was a bit spaced out when suddenly saw Hansung standing quite too close to me with a flirty smirk plastered on his face. "Boo! Are you daydreaming, Soondeok ssi?"

 

"Uh?" I moved backwards my head as his face was so close to mine.

 

"I asked you whether you feel cold or nah because if you need coat, I can let you borrow mine." He was still smiling, a bit.... too friendly, I guess.

 

Hoojun wasn't there anymore as I saw that guy was busy talking with other guests. Wangeun was still nowhere to be found. I lowly sighed, bored.

 

"Let's go to main table and cut cake with me." Hansung drapped his coat on my shoulders, slightly tilted his head and smiled sweetly. "You look so pretty tonight. I think, I'm much better than that arrogant Wangeun dude." He casually said before apologetically grinned when I shot him death glare. How dare he bad mouthing my Wangeun! "Nahh I'm just kidding, Soondeok ssi~" He smiled and lightly patted my shoulder.

 

To be honest, I felt uncomfortable in this position. He was standing too close to me. Should I just punch and kick him right here right now? But it would catch everyone's attention, and it would embarrased Wangeun. But I hate this...

 

"You haven't wish my birthday yet, right Soondeok ssi?" Hansung winked, caused me innerly throw up.

 

"What's this?" A familiar voice suddenly 'greeted' us and a hand took off the coat from my shoulder and shoved it against Hansung's chest. "Birthday boy, don't you think you should stop flirting with random girl. Fyi, she looks soft but actually stronger than your front teeth. She can cut your head in one shot before you get the chance to cut your birthday cake. Don't try." Wangeun casually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter