Oh No .

Second Chance ? (2yeon fanfic)

 

 

 

Author's note : 

 

Hey guys I'm back with another chapter :) ! I'm so sorry bcoz I took so long but I can't help it . I tried to upload this multiple times already but some problems came up ... Have fun reading ^^ ~ Thank you for your patience !

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

**** END OF FLASHBACK  ****

 

 

 


It was 5 years ago when Jeongyeon last met Nayeon . He felt betrayed because Nayeon broke her promise towards him . There's a feeling of hatred buried deep inside his heart when his bodyguard mentioned her name the other day . He quickly came out with another topic to talk about whenever Chaeyoung mentioned her name and after the same thing happen again and again , his bodyguard stopped talking about her . He noticed something wrong going on with Jeongyeon but he could not tell what was bothering his boss's only son . 

 

 

 


Jeongyeon's POV 

 

 

 


I hate her . She broke her promise . I don't know what did I do wrong , but she just left me without saying any single word . A goodbye would be enough ... I guess .Anyways, I tried to search for her at the park which was the place that we last met for numerous times already but she just wasn't there . After that , I started to accept the fact that she left me for good and we would never see each other again . 

 

 

 

The problem is ... since the day that she left me ... she kept on appearing in my dreams . She looked exhausted and gloomy in that dream . She just stared at me blankly and forced a smile . But that's it . That's how my dream ended . Sometimes I wonder , was she having a problem ? Or she just doesn't want to befriend with me anymore ? But why ? This thought kept on bothering me and I still couldn't get her out of my mind . 

 

 

 

"A penny for your thoughts , Jeongyeon-ah ?" I was sitting on a bench at the park when I felt someone sitting on the empty seat beside me . Don't get me wrong . I'm not hoping that I would be able to see her  , but Uncle Chae brought me here to take a stroll around the park . He probably thinks that I have no clue but he is wrong . I knew why he brought me here . He wanted me to spill my problems to him . 

 

 

 

" I'm craving for an ice cream . Chocolate flavour would be nice . Uncle ~ buy it for me juseyo ." I lied while giving him my best aegyo . "Aigoo this kid .I thought there was something serious going on in your mind. You're making me worried sick . Wait here , don't go anywhere . Remember what I said . D-" I cut his words before he could finish his sentence . 

 

 

 

"Don't follow any strangers . If a stranger tries to kidnap me , just shout and bla bla bla . " I rolled my eyes when I said those words . "Hahaha good boy ." He ruffled my short hair while chuckling . "Wait here , arasseo ?" I just nodded my head obediently . 

 

 


"Here. This one is for you . And the vanilla one is for me ." I grabbed the ice cream cone and munched the ice cream . After five minutes sitting on the bench doing nothing but eating the ice cream , I started to break the silence . "Uncle ~ can we go to the theme park today ? " He turned his head to look at me and raised one of his eyebrows . "Why ?"He stopped munching on his ice cream and wiped my mouth with a napkin .

 

 


"Eat properly Jeongyeon-ah . No , we can't . You have to return home before six o'clock . Remember ? " What ?? Doesn't he remember what day is today ? It is MY birthday . And guess what ? He keeps on giving me the same excuse just like my last birthday . There's no point anyway to dry my throat by begging him to listen to my request so I got up from my seat and stomped my feet angrily ,throwing my tantrum at him . 

 


"Wae??!! If you are afraid that my father will be mad , you don't have to . This is between you and me . Appa will be home at seven anyway , so we still have time to go there . " I hope that what I said just now was convincing enough so that he will agree to my idea .  Uh oh , he didn't buy that . Gotta go with plan B . "Besides , Uncle Chae , do you NOT remember what day is today ? "I hoped he doesn't but I guess I was right , he did forget that today was my birthday .

 

 

"It's your school holiday ,right ?? Aigoo ...Jeongyeon-ah . It will take around 45 minutes at the very least to reach that place ... if the traffic is not busy . We barely will make it to reach home before seven o'clock ."

 

 

 

 

That's it , I gave up .

 

 

 

"Jeongyeon-ah . Where do you think you're going ? " I ignored his words and ran as fast as I could but my short legs are not helping me at all . Suddenly , I saw a red sports car coming towards my direction with a fast speed . "Jeongyeon-ah ! Look out ! J-" I could hear his shout , calling out for me but it was too late . I was knocked down by the car and my head felt hurt . My body felt numb and all I can hear was someone mumbling something . My vision was blurry and slowly turned black .

 

 


No One's POV 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung was staring at him in horror when he saw the amount of blood flowing out from his head .

 

 

A tall man who was wearing a black shade stepped out from his car followed by a small little girl who was around Jeongyeon's age . The girl seemed frightened at the sight in front of her and hesitantly walked to the man's side while tugging her tiny hand on the hem of his shirt . Jeongyeon was lying motionlessly on the street ,spatters of blood surrounding him . 

 

 


"Oh god . I'm so s-" Chaeyoung clenched his teeth and cut off his words . " CALL . THE . AMBULANCE . RIGHT NOW . " The man hastily reached for his pocket and took out his phone . He dialed in the emergency number on his phone and a few moments later , an ambulance siren could be heard as it slowly approaches them .

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

Chaeyoung's POV

 

 


Oh God ... Please help Jeongyeon ... I beg you ... Oh no . How am I going to explain this to Mr. Yoo ? I'm gonna be so dead after this ...

 

 

 

"Excuse me ? Look , I deeply apologise for knocking down your son with my car ... It was an accident , trust me ! I ... I will pay for his bills but please ... We can settle this out , right ? " A deep sigh escaped from my lips ," He's not my son . His father is my boss ."

 

 

 

"Oh .... Then , why don't you give me his number ? Let me talk to him ." At first , I was hesitant to listen to a complete stranger like him but then , when this stranger seems so eager to convince me , maybe I could just listen to him for this time ? After all , he doesn't seem like a bad person at all . 

 

 

 

I took out my phone and gave him Mr.Yoo's number . "Wait , isn't this ... " I looked at him confusingly , waiting for him to finish his words . " Never mind . Excuse me .Please take care of my daughter for a while ."The man dialed the number and took a sharp turn on his left .Don't ask me why . I don't know where he is going to .I just shook my head in despair .I've worked for Mr.Yoo since Jeongyeon was born . I knew what his father is like . 

 

 

 

Maybe that guy from earlier can still make me tolerate with him , but not my boss .

 

 

 

"Annyeong little girl ! May I know this little girl's name ? " I sat beside the little girl and put on a wide smile on my face . The little girl did not answer my question . She stared at me in fright instead . " Why ? Is there something wrong with my face ?You don't have to be scared . I'm not a ghost ."  

 

 

 


She looked hesitant to utter her words but then she said , "Ap- Appa told me that I can't talk to strangers ." 

 

 

 

"But your father asked me to take care of you ... so , I'm not a stranger , right ? " She stared at me blankly , slowly giving in to my words . "Y... Yebin . Baek Yebin . " I smiled at her and said ," What a pretty name . My name is Chaeyoung . You can call me Uncle Chae . " 

 

 


"All settled ! " It's her father's voice .Man . I swear he's going to give me a heart attack . Hold on . Did I miss something ? Did he just say that nothing went wrong ? All settled ? Whoa . He must be lying ... Right ? " W...what do you mean ? What did he say ? " the man just shrugged his shoulders off and replied ," Well ... As long as you will not get fired , and I didn't get myself into trouble ... that's all that matters ." 

 

 

 

It feels like all of this has been set up when the door swung open in our faces . The doctor who was incharged to operate Jeongyeon walked out from the room and took off his mask . "You are lucky because if you were a bit late to send him here , he'd been dead right now ." 

 

 

 

Thank god . "Can we visit him now ? " 

 

 

 

"Of course . He will be moved to room E020 . The room is on the ground floor . " 

 

 

 

"Thank you doctor ." We both said the sentence in unison and the doctor left us awhile later .

 

 


**********

 

 


Chaeyoung's POV 

 

 

 


Guess what guys ... He just left . Seriously who does he think he is ? And what is wrong with my boss ? Did he just let that guy escape just like that ? Pfft . I'm not overreacting okay ? I care a lot about Jeongyeon because I treat him just like my own nephew .

 

 


I went back to Mr.Yoo's house and prepared myself to get scolded by him when I reached his mansion . I felt heavy with each and every footsteps that I take . I counted my footsteps when I entered his backyard . 

 

 

 

One ... I think he is going to cut down my salary for this month .

 

 

 

Two ... Or maybe worse , he is going to force me to move out from the house that he gave me . It was a small house actually but the house is near to his house . I used to live at my grandmother's house but her house is too far from the place that I'm working at currently so he gave me that house. FOR FREE .

 

 

 

Three ... Or maybe the worst one is ... he's going to fire me . The guy from earlier probably just made that all up . There's no way my boss will be that calm and does not fire me . I'm just a poor man who came from a broken family okay ? This is a BIG matter to me . You won't find any boss that wants to take you to be his bodyguard with a salary of 7000$ each month . Yes , he is THAT rich . 

 

 


He helped my family a lot when I was still younger . My father told me that he once worked for him as his gardener for a couple of years and out of pity , he helped me to pay for my school expenses until I finished my last year in my secondary school . My family owes him a lot . And I don't know how am I going to be able to repay all his kindness towards my family . 

 

 

 

Now tell me ... HOW am I going to face him after this ? 

 

 


But all my predictions were wrong . When I opened the back door , I saw a familiar guy was sitting on the couch ,chatting with my boss  ...and Mr. Yoo was ... smiling ? Am I hallucinating right now ? That guy was the man who KNOCKED DOWN his son just now . And Mr. Yoo looked calm as if nothing has ever happened to his son . 

 

 

 

This is weird , but I think ... That guy is not just a nobody . He must be somebody important to him to actually make my boss has an expression just like that when that guy just knocked down his son earlier . 

 

 

 

Who IS he ??