Childhood

Second Chance ? (2yeon fanfic)

 


IM NAYEON's POV :

 
"Jeongyeon-ah . Wait here , okay ? I have to take this call for a moment . Promise me you won't go anywhere on your own ? You're a good boy right ?" a guy probably in his mid-twenties was on his right knee while talking to a little boy in front of him . The boy just nodded his head slightly afterwards while munching on a cookie .He ruffled the little boy's hair and gave him a light pat on his head ,picking up his phone and walking away from the confused boy .
 
 
Poor him . I don't think he literally understand everything that the man has said but whatever . It is none of my business . Oh how rude am I ! I forgot to introduce myself . I am Im Nayeon . I don't know what is the meaning of that but my parents decided to give me that name . Don't stare at my like that ! Okay anyways , I think you guys are curious to know how old am I right ? Gotcha ! Haha I'm sorry ! I am this bubbly and energetic you know since I was small? But I'm still a kid okay . xD
 
 
 
I'm eight years old and I live with my mother ... and no one else . Because my father left me when I'm still 2 months old .You don't need to be sorry . I'm getting used to that anyway . Each and every friends in my primary school always asks me about that but ends up asking for my apology .How many times do I need to tell you that it's alright ! I.Am.Fine. Okay fine,I lied . I'm NOT okay . I just want people to see that I am a tough girl . I didn't ask much about how my father died because my mother will end up crying afterwards . And I hate to see her cry .It will totally break my heart when I see her like that . Well I think everybody will have the same reaction as I had when I watched my mother crying her heart out while staring at a picture of my father when we returned to our home from visiting his grave the other day .


I quickly wiped my tears off with my hands when I felt the tears trickled down my cheeks . Then the unexpected thing happened . I felt a light footsteps coming towards my direction . When I opened my redden eyes , I saw the little boy from earlier handing a small white handkerchief to me . I gave him a weak smile and took the handkerchief from his hand to wipe off my tears .To my surprise , he didn't ask me why was I crying but the latter patted on his shoulder for me to cry on . I snorted at him when he did that and just smiled at him .

 

After I stopped crying , the boy grinned at me and introduced himself to me . It turned out that our ages are not that far apart . He was three years younger than me . It did surprise me as he looked rather small than what I had imagined a five year old kid would look like . There's a thin line of mucus dripping from his nose when I stared at him carefully . I gave him my disgusted face when he wiped the green-ish liquid off with his hand . I quickly returned his handkerchief for him to wipe his nose . 

Nayeon: You know you can use this instead , right ? It's yours anyway . Take it .

Boy : I thought you still wanted to use it .

Nayeon : Haha aww you're so cute . Thanks for lending me your handkerchief .

Boy : You're welcome . My mother told me to always help people so that in return , they will help us instead when we need them .

Nayeon : Of course ! I will help you later on . Tell me when you need my help . I'll try my best to be there for you . Oh ! What's your name anyway ? You only told me your age just now .

 

The boy raised his right hand to shake her hand . " Yoo Jeongyeon . But my friends call me Jeongyeon ." The older girl gave him a wide smile while showing her bunny front teeth and said , "Nayeon . Im Nayeon ." Their moment was interupted when the man from just now called out for Jeongyeon . "Hey kiddo .Sorry I took too long . You must have been bored waiting for me right ? But I don't think I should worry about that  because it looks like you've got yourself a new friend here ! " the man happily exclaimed . "Now tell me , who's this girl here ? " he continued his words.

 

"Her name is Nayeon . Uncle , can I play with her next time ? " Jeongyeon pleaded the man who's now bending down his body to reach the little boy's height . "You need to ask your father , alright ? You know I'll get myself into trouble if I let you befriend with someone without your father's permission ." 


Jeongyeon seemed to be unsatisfied with his answer . "Now ,now ,don't give me that look .I won't let that look get to me this time ." The latter's mouth turned into a pout . "But why ? I just want to have more friends . Uncle ,come on . Just let me befriends with her this once . Pretty pweeeaaaseee . "Oh no. The boy has just unleashed his aegyo that could make anyone gives in to him . 


"Aish jinja . Alright but I'll let you go just this once . Promise me you won't ask me anything anymore after this without your father's permission ?" Jeongyeon showed him a wide grin and nodded his head happily . "Now I need you to say goodbye to your new friend because I have to send you home . " The little boy just pouted his lips at what he had said . "Now don't make that kind of face again. Come on , we're getting late already ." Jeongyeon turned himself making his back facing the man . 

 

Jeongyeon : I have to go now Nayeon-ah . See you later . 

Nayeon : See you , Jeongyeon-ah .


Nayeon took a step backward when a luxury black sedan car or what we most likely call limousine was parked in front of them . The girl just watched the guy from earlier and Jeongyeon entered the stretched car and she could hear the chauffeur started the car's engine and in a blink of an eye , the car was gone from her sight . 


"I hope we will meet again . If that's even possible . Because I don't think we will see each other again from today onwards , Jeongyeon-ah ."

"Annyeong , my fourth new friend ... for this month . As always ...."

 

 


 

 

Author's note :

Hello to my lovely readers :) I am truly sorry for the long wait and any grammar mistakes in  this chapter .This is a short chapter but I will try to make it longer next time . Thank you for subscribing to this fanfic ^^  I really appreciate your supports :D !