Feelings

Fictionless Love

"Okay, here we are!" The bus driver called out to us, letting us know so that we should actually get off this time.

Jin and I quickly gathered our things and headed out the doors, thanking the bus driver as we went. 

As we watched the bus drove away, I started to search my surroundings. 

From what I could tell, it was a really small town and it seemed to be almost like a farming town as there was a lot of open space. 

I looked up and down the road and realized that we were on a dirt road with only lights to guide our way.

"Well," Jin started. I looked at him. "Should I try calling a taxi service and see if we can get someone out here? I don't know if anyone will come though." he said. I nodded in response.

"It is worth a try though right?" I asked. 

"Okay, let me see what I can do," he told me walking away, leaving me with our things.

I really hope someone can come get us. We don't even have any clothes to wear. Much less a place to stay if no one can get to us.

I sighed. 

Out of all the boys, really. Jin? Is someone trying to play a joke on me? Or are they just trying to kill me?

I suddenly thought of something, making me even more worried.

Omo. If we can't get a ride and we have to spend a night somewhere, what am I going to do? I don't want him to see me without my glasses! Or sleep in the same room as him!

I sleep-talk for heavens sake! He is going to think I am crazy!

I started jumping up and down in frustration. 

Aish.

As I heard footsteps approach me, I started to get nervous. 

I turned around to see that he looked slightly nervous as well.

"So," he began. "I have good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?" he asked me.

"Bad news," I told him.

"I could not find a taxi company that would come out this far this time of night. Most of the drivers I guess are already done for the day and the only ones left only give service in Seoul." he said. 

Well, there goes my little ray of hope of not spending the night with him.

"The good news?" I asked.

"One of companies said that there was a place that we could stay nearby. I guess situations like this happen all the time so he knew a ahjumma down here that let's people stay for the night. He gave me her address and everything. I guess we should head there." he told me. 

I sighed.

"Okay, let's go," I told him. We both collected our things and started walking in the direction that his GPS told us to. 

As we were walking, I could only feel bad for putting us in this situation.

"Sorry," I whispered quietly.

"For what?"

"For getting us in this mess. If only I hadn't fallen asleep on the bus," I stated.

"Hyun-Ae," he started, turning around to face me. "It's not your fault okay? You don't have to apologize. It's not like you were purposely trying to hold us back on the bus or something." He said.

"Or were you?" he asked.

"A-Ani! That wasn't my intention at all!" I quickly answered.

He started laughing.

"I am only teasing you. It's really okay. Just don't be sorry anymore, hmm?" He said, tilting his head to face me.

"O-okay," I whispered. 

I glanced over at him, to see him smiling. 

I could feel my heart starting to quicken as I saw him looking at me. I quietly coughed, embarrassed by the situation. 

"L-let's keep going, shall we?" I told him, starting to walk again.

All I could hear was him laughing behind me as he walked to catch up with me.

~~~

"Okay, I think this is it!" He said. 

I looked at the place where the address took us to see a small traditional home. 

I haven't seen one of this for a long time! It looks so cute! 

Jin reached for the gate and tried opening it, to find that it was unlocked.

As soon as he pushed it open we heard barking. We saw a huge dog running towards us and we both started to panic. 

Jin and I quickly closed the gate as we walked back out, scared by the sudden actions of the dog.

"Omo," I said. "That scared me." I told him.

"Who's there?" I heard a voice call out. 

I looked over at the house to see one of the doors sliding open to reveal a small, older woman in her nightwear.

She turned towards us to see what the commotion was about to see us standing at her gate with the dog blocking us.

She started to climb down from the stops while calling out to her dog. 

"Yah! Bomi! Stop barking you crazy dog!" She yelled out, causing the dog to turn around from us to look at her owner. 

She quickly forgot about us and ran to her owner.

"Sorry about her. She goes crazy when she sees strangers." she says.

"It's okay," I told her. "She is only doing her job of protecting you," I gave her a small smile.

She smiled in response at my comment.

"So what brings you here at this time at night?" she asks us.

"We are very sorry to interrupt you sleep," Jin started. "But we have come to see if we could maybe stay here for the night? We heard from someone at a taxi company that you sometimes let people spend the night and we have no where else to go to at this time." he told her.

"Was it Jae-il again?" she asked. We stared at her blankly. "Aish that man...he needs to stop giving out my address..." she quietly stated.

"Why don't you two come in first," she told us, opening up the gate. 

We headed inside and followed her to the front door. 

As she slowly opened the sliding door she motioned us inside after her.

Jin and I both took off our shoes and stepped inside.

We both stood awkwardly at the door until she called out to us.

"Take a seat!" she said. 

We both nodded and sat down around her tiny table.

I looked around and the interior was so beautiful. The place was decorated with numerous flowers and they were many photos of what looked like her family. The house was comforting in a way.

She suddenly appeared from somewhere, bringing three glasses of what looked like tea to the table. 

I saw Jin quickly get up and help her grab the cups.

"Aigoo," she said, as he took two of the glasses from her hands, placing one in front of me. "What a nice boyfriend you have." she said looking at me.

I started to get embarrassed.

"A-Ani," I started. "We aren't dat-"

"You don't have to explain yourself to me, child. I just wanted to let you know that you have found yourself a very good man," she stated, smiling at him.

I suddenly felt very small. 

Out of all things...

I glanced over at Jin to see him proudly smiling at me, making me turn around again from embarrassment.

I quickly grabbed my cup and took a sip of the tea, hoping to get out of this awkward situation. 

"So what brings you two out here?" she suddenly asks us.

"We were riding the bus home and we missed our stop," Jin began. "We tried to get off right after we missed it but the bus driver just continued to drive to the next stop, which was the one here." he told her.

"Ahh," she realized. "So you guys are far away from home." she concluded.

We both nodded in response.

"So we tried calling a taxi but all the ones that come out here this late were already done for the day," Jin continued. "So...Jae-il?...told us to come to this address." he told her.

"We are sorry for interrupting you in the middle of the night," I told her, giving her a little bow.

"Ahh, don't be sorry my dear," she said giving me a small smile. "Now that I know your guy's situation I can understand. You both are more than welcome to spend the night." she said.

I suddenly felt relieved.

"Thank you," we both said bowing to her.

"Aigoo, no need to thank me." she told us. "Did you guys bring anything with you?" she asked.

"No, we only have a few things on us." I told her.

"Well," she started. "There is a small store just a few blocks down that is still open. It should have some things that you guys may need. Let me get you the address." she said getting up from her spot and disappearing from our sight.

"She is so nice," I commented. "I feel bad for doing this to her." I told Jin.

"Maybe we should get her something from the store then? Like a thank-you gift?" Jin suggested.

"Ohh! Good idea!" I said. "We can maybe make her something as well! Like wake up and make breakfast for her?" I asked excitedly.

"Call!" Jin told me. We both smiled at each other. 

She suddenly came back in with a small paper.

"Here you guys go. Make sure to make it back safely! I will give you guys a key so you can get back in. I will have prepared some sheets for you guys to sleep on by the time you are back. Be safe!" she said to us.

"Ne!" we called out to her.

We walked out the gate closing it behind us and making our way to the store. 

As we were walking, my shoulder kept on accidentally brushing Jin's.

My heart started to beat again. 

Just what is wrong with me?

"Hyun-Ae?" Jin suddenly asked.

"Hmm?" I responded. 

"Can I ask you something?" he asked kind of shyly.

"Shoot," I told him with a smile. 

"What happened between you and your friends that made you not trust others?" he asked.

I abruptly stopped, startled by his question. 

He turned around and realizing that I had stopped, started to get a little flustered.

"Sorry," he started. "Should I not have asked? I was just curious after you said that today and I wanted to know why but if you don't want to answer that is okay," he said rambling.

"N-no, it's okay," I told him, looking up to see him. I gave him a pained smile.

I started walking again, him walking next to me. 

"About a year ago," I started. "I was dating this guy named Kyung-il. We had been dating for over a year and I really liked him. He was so nice to me and I even thought for a second that I might even love him." I told him. I glanced over to see that Jin was listening very intently.

"We had agreed one night that I would come over to his place and then we would go see a movie or something, I can't really remember. But, I got off work early that day and I wanted to surprise him so I went over to his place early. I easily got into his house because he had given me a key to his place on our one-year anniversary. I remember walking in and see a pair of heels that I recognized but I realized weren't mine. I was confused and I continued to walk into the house when I heard weird noises coming from his bedroom," I said, starting to tear up.

"I opened the door to find that my best friend, Mina, was with him, in his bed, and they were..." I stopped. I started to cry, the tears reluctantly falling from my face. 

"I was so upset and heartbroken. I remember seeing their faces and my heart just sank. My best friend and the man I thought that I loved were sleeping together. I ran out of the apartment and he tried to stop me but I kept on going. I remember going home and crying for hours and hours. He continuously called me, trying to get a hold of me, but I didn't pick up. He even tried to come to my house the next day but I didn't answer the door. He would apologize and say he was sorry but I didn't believe him." I said, wiping the tears from my face.

"About a week later, I agreed to meet with him to talk about it. We went to a little coffee shop that we both used to love and he tried to explain himself to me. I had asked him how long this had been going on. He said two months. Two months they had been sneaking around me, deceiving me. Two months that they had repeatedly lied to my face about not being able to make it to our plans because they were both 'busy'. Two months that he had cheated on me while I was over here, thinking that I freaking loved the man. I knew then that I never wanted to see him again. I told him we were over. He tried to stop me but I stayed strong." 

"I haven't heard from either of them since then but after that I knew, I knew that I couldn't trust anyone again. I had been betrayed by the man I thought I trusted and loved and my best friend that I had known for as long as I could remember. Therefore, I am where I am today. No friends, deep in my fiction books, trying to just hide away from the world. That is why it is so hard for me to open up to new people as I thought they would do the same thing to me and I couldn't handle it. The thought of opening up to someone again to just have it crushed on, like it was nothing, terrified me. This is why I am always alone. This is why I just keep to myself as I know for sure that the people in my books would never do something like that to me." I finished. I looked over at Jin to see that he appeared sad as well.

"S-sorry if I said too much or something," I said. "I just probably freaked you out, huh?" I told him.

I noticed that he had stopped walking. I turned around to see that he was looking at the ground, his hands in fists, and he looked like he was shaking.

"A-are you okay?" I asked him. 

He suddenly brought his head up and started to walk towards me. I was confused and flustered at first when he stopped in front of me. I couldn't meet his eyes as I was embarrassed that I had just told him all of that.

And just like that, he pulled me towards him and I fell into him as he placed his arms around me. 

I was shocked and surprised at his sudden gesture.

"J-Jin?" I asked trying to get an answer out of him. 

"Thank you for telling me Hyun-Ae. I know that it must not have been easy to tell me and I am so sorry, Hyun-Ae," he said. "That should have never happened to you. You should have never had to have gone through that." he said. I started to tear up again at his statement.

"Those were mean, heartless people that had no right to have wronged you that way. I could see why you would have problems trusting someone after all that. I just want to go find them and beat them both up for you," he said. I started to laugh as he hugged me. The tears were falling down my face and as I started to cry even harder, I brought my arms around him as well, hugging him back. He increased his hold on me, making me feel comforted for the first time in a long time.

"The boys and I would never do that to you. We are not like them. We will only bring you happiness each day and we will make sure to bring a smile to your face every time we see you and spend time with you. Especially me. Now that I know what you are going through, I promise to you, that if I don't make you smile once a day, you have permission to hit me," he said, making me laugh again. 

I started to calm down a little as he was still holding me. 

What have I done to deserve such great guys? I still don't know why they even approached me in the first place and started to mess up my crazy life, but I am glad they did. 

I let go of him, and started to wipe my face from my tears. 

"Thank you, Jin," I told him. "For listening to me and for interrupting my quiet life. I am glad to have meet you," I said giving him a smile. 

"Me too," he said, giving me a huge sincere smile. 

"Okay," I said trying to change the topic as I felt awkward after the hug we just shared. "Enough tears. Let's go get the things we need for the night," I stated.

"Let's go!" he said, starting to run ahead of me.

"Y-Yah!" I called out, starting to run to catch up with him. "Wait for me!" 

~~~

As we reached the store, we were relieved to see that it was still open. We headed inside, bowing to the cashier in the front.

We started to walk around, looking for the things we needed when I spotted some pajamas. 

"Oh, Jin!" I called out to him from the other side of the store.

"I found some clothes!" 

He quickly came around the corner to come look at the clothes with me. 

I picked up a set of pink pajamas with a matching blue pair right next to it. 

"Here you are," I said giving him the blue pair. 

"Thank heavens for that. Should we just wear the clothes we are wearing now tomorrow then?" he asked. 

I was about to say yes when I saw a pair of couple t-shirts that had cute little chibi characters on them.

"Let's get these too!" I said, showing him the shirts. 

I saw that he quickly looked away from me after I showed his the tees.

"What?" I asked.

"N-nothing," he whispered.

"It is too something! What is it?" I pried further.

"It's just that," he began as I stared at him. "We do really look like a couple with the pajama sets and the shirts," he stated quietly. 

I could feel my face turning red at his comment.

"W-well," I stuttered. "W-we need something to wear, so..." I trailed off. 

Aish, why did he have to bring that up? Now I am all embarrassed!

"W-we can just skip these then..." I said.

"Ani!" he said, a little too loudly. "We can still get them. I was just noticing that, t-that's all," he said.

"O-okay. Then let's get these. What else do we need?" I said changing the topic. 

We quickly then started to gather other things like toothbrushes, toothpaste, socks, and other essentials. We also made sure to get some food to make for the ahjumma in the morning as well.

We then went to pay at the register and when I was about to pay for it, Jin beat me to it and handed the cashier his card.

I scoffed at him. 

This is the second time today that I didn't pay for something!

The cashier put all the items in bags and we started to head back to the house.

"I could have helped pay you know!" I said. 

"Nah, it's fine. I wanted to pay." He said, smiling at me.

"But, now I feel bad," I said quietly.

"You will just owe me for something then." he told me.

"What?" I asked.

"Since I paid for you and you feel bad, you owe me," Jin said, smiling as he walked ahead of me.

"Y-yah!" I said going after him. "You still owe me dinner for tutoring you yesterday and now I owe you?! The debt just keeps on building!" I called out. 

I heard him laugh. 

"Don't laugh!" I called out. Even though the situation was a little frustrating, I couldn't help but smile at how different Jin was. 

He definitely is different from most guys, that is for sure. I just don't know what it is about him but it is for sure a good different.

~~~

When we got back to the house, we quietly stepped inside and closed the gate behind us. Thankfully, Bomi was asleep so she didn't bark when we came in. 

We both took our shoes off and headed inside. We noticed that in the spare room she had there were sheets all laid out, ready for us.

I also noticed that there was only one 'bed'.

I started to get embarrassed again. 

I don't really have to sleep next to him, do I? I don't think my heart can handle it.

We set our stuff down in the room. 

"You can get ready first," Jin said. 

"Okay, I will be quick," I told him, stepping into the bathroom.

I quickly got changed and started to brush my teeth. 

I also started to think about ways to handle this awkward situation.

Maybe, I can ask him if we can get another sheet? Maybe, he will sleep on the wooden floor?

No that seems kind of rude. Maybe, I can just slowly shift away from him, without him noticing?

Yeah, yeah good idea. 

I continued to brush my teeth when I suddenly realized something else.

Wait. I talk in my sleep! 

Aish. That will be so embarrassing! I can't tell him that!

I will just have to make sure he falls asleep first so he will be sound asleep when I start talking. 

I finished brushing my teeth, and washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. 

Okay, Hyun-Ae. You can do this! Hwaiting!

I opened the door to see that he had already separated the pillows from one another a little bit to give us a little more distance.

I looked at him to see him staring at me.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Y-your glasses," he said, pointing at me. I brought my hands up to my face, realizing that I forgot to put them back on after I washed my face. 

Embarrassed, I ran back to the bathroom and put my glasses back on. 

Stupid, stupid!

I headed back out to see him in the same position. I noticed that his face was really red again.

I headed over to him and put my hand up to his head again to check his temperature, he was startled.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Your face was red again. I was afraid that your temperature came back or something. Are you okay?" I asked him, staring at him. 

"S-stop looking at me!" he said. 

"What? I was trying to help you!" I told him.

"Well, I am not running a fever I can assure you!" he assured me. "J-just don't touch me again!" he said running to the bathroom. 

I looked at the door in shock. I scoffed at him.

Fine! That is what I get for being nice! 

I went and climbed into one of the beds, pulling the covers over me. I to my side and put my glasses next to me. 

Ah man, I am so tired.

I started to yawn when he came back out of the bathroom. I stayed in my position, covering my face so he couldn't see me without my glasses. I heard him place things in the corner of the room and close the room doors. He then turned off the lights, startling me.

I stayed still as he approached me. I heard the rustling of sheets as he got into his side of the bed, tugging the cover that I was holding with him. 

I stayed completely frozen. 

Omo, what do I do? He is right next to me! Just don't move!

Suddenly, I felt him shift in the bed and I did not know if he was facing my back or the other side of the room. 

"Good night, Hyun-Ae" he said, and I felt his breath on my back. 

I started to panic. 

Why is he facing me?!

"G-good night Jin," I quietly answered back. 

Okay, now to wait until he falls asleep. 

After a while, I was curious as to whether he was sleeping or not. It had been at least 20 minutes so maybe?

I tried to slowly turn over so I could see if he was sleeping. I saw that his eyes were closed and that he had one hand under the pillow and the other on top of the covers. 

"J-jin" I quietly whispered, seeing if he would respond.

To my luck, he didn't reply, showing that he was asleep. 

I shifted back over and sighed.

I should be okay to sleep now.

I closed my eyes, hoping to drift away. 

I breathed in and out and I could feel myself on the brink of sleep when I suddenly felt something.

He had moved closer to me and his chest was now against my back.

My heart started to beat like crazy. 

What do I-

I then felt his hand around my waist, grabbing me tightly. I shivered at his touch as he was really warm. 

He proceeded to pull me closer to him, not releasing his grip. 

My heart was racing now and it was so loud I swear that it would wake him up.

I tried to move from his grip but as I did, his hold on me only increased.

He then moved even closer to me, his head right next to mine. 

"Mmm" I heard him in his sleep. 

Is he waking up? No, he is probably just- 

"Hyun-Ae," he said quietly. 

I jumped at his words as I was sure that he was awake. I slightly turned to see that he was still sleeping. 

Does he talk in his sleep too? I am glad that I am not-

"Hyun-Ae," he repeated.

His breath kept on hitting the back of my neck, making me shiver a little each time he breathed.

Why does he keep on saying my na-

"Hyun-Ae...I like you," he whispered quietly.

At those three words I froze.

I-I like you?

He doesn't mean it does he? 

Maybe he is just sleep-talking. 

Yeah, that's it.

"I like you...Hyun-Ae," he repeated. 

My pulse began to quicken once again, making me extremely embarrassed.

And with those words I knew, there was no possible way that I would be able to sleep tonight.