Help

Fictionless Love

Previously...

"Look out!" I turned around to see the football heading straight towards me. I lifted my arms up, bracing for impact, and closing my eyes, when I felt nothing hit me. Instead I felt arms around me.

I slowly opened my eyes to see Jin's face only inches from mine. I looked behind him to see the football on the ground, near his feet. Did...he just get hit by the ball...to protect me?

I glanced back up at him to see him staring at me, right in the eyes, not wavering his gaze. My heart started to beat like crazy and my face was turning red. What just happened and...

What is this that I am feeling?

Hyun-Ae's P.O.V

As he stared back at me I froze. What do I do? Maybe he can't move because he is hurt?

I faced my head down, embarrassed from the situation.

"A-are you okay?" I asked in almost a whisper. I could feel his arms around me slowly disappear. I could feel my heart still beating like crazy. Calm down you stupid thing! You are just in shock!

"Y-yeah I am okay," I heard him say. "A-are you okay?" he asked me.

"Y-yeah, I am good," I responded. 

One of the guys separated from the group and came to pick up the ball. They apologized and ran back from the direction they came from.

Jin and I stood there in silence, the situation becoming awkward. Aish...if only I had moved. Is this too awkward now? Should I just go back?

"Hyun-Ae?" he suddenly asked. I looked up at him. "Is it ok if we still go study? I promise to still buy you food afterwards~" He said. I relaxed. 

"S-sure," I said, giving him a small smile. Thank heavens he broke the ice. I don't think I could have. 

"Ok then, lead the way," he said, returning a smile. We started walking towards the library. I lead him to the back, where my quiet place was. We sat down at a table that was unoccupied and started to study.

"Ok, what do you need help with?" I asked him. He looked at me and sighed.

"All of it," he answered in a whisper. I looked at him in shock. Everything? Has he been sleeping in all of the classes? 

"O-ok, well," I started. "Let's start from the beginning..." I said, pulling out my notes. He nodded in response.

I started going over everything with him, making sure he was writing notes down. I tried to explain it slowly and clearly making sure he was understanding everything I was telling him. It took a while to get him focused, but soon enough he was listening to me.

"And then, the Whigs had suddenly become a divided party, resulting into the Republican party that the U.S has today," I said, reading from my notes. I glanced up at Jin to see him staring at me, instead of writing down what I was telling him. 

"Jin?" I asked. He continued to stare at me. I started to become flustered again. I waved in front of his face, getting no response from him. 

I leaned closer to his face trying to see if I could break him from whatever this was.

"J-jin," I said. "J-jin," Still no response. 

Does he sleep with his eyes open? Holy heavens that is scary. 

"JIN!" I started whispering loudly. Hmm...what can wake him up...

I looked around me and I found the perfect item to wake him up with. I started to smile mischievously. 

I grabbed the item and hit him on the head with it. With that, he suddenly reacted, bringing his hands up to his head.

"Hyun-Ae?" he said, looking at me confused. He looked at the object in my hand and was shocked. "Did you hit me with that?!" Yes, yes. I hit you with my Jace. Hey, I mean it worked didn't it?

"Yes, but you were sleeping with your eyes open," I responded.

"Ahh," he said. "Sorry, I tend to do that when I don't get a lot of sleep," he apologized.

"I-it's ok," I responded. "I was just shocked is all." I was way more than shocked but he is probably embarrassed enough. I don't want to say that he scared the crap out of me.

"Ok, so where were we? The 1600's?" he said while yawning. I stared at him in disbelief.

"No...we were in the 1800's...did you fall asleep all the way back there?" I asked him. 

"Maybe..." he said, quietly. I exhaled slowly in frustration. Be calm, Hyun-Ae, be calm. 

Hearing a notification go off, I looked down at my phone to see that the time was 7 pm. Woah, we studied for a long time. 

"Well, I think we are done for the day then. We have been here for quite a long time. It's 7 already," I told him. Panicking, he looked down at his phone. 

"Shoot!" he said, hurriedly packing his things. "I am going to be late! They are going to kill me!" I looked at him in confusion.

"Sorry Hyun-Ae but thank you again and I will see you tomorrow!" He said, running away from the table.

I sat there, confused.

What...what was that? Do I want to know? He feel asleep so early on too so he didn't learn a lot...AND WHERE IS MY PROMISED FOOD.

Aigoo... that teaches me on helping someone. Psh...see if I help you again.

I decided to get up and head back to my dorm room. I quickly packed my things back into my backpack and headed out the door.

As I walked outside of the library, I noticed that it was already dark out and that there were not a lot of people on the campus.

A little freaked out, I started to speedwalk to my dorm. Not paying attention to my surroundings, I ran face first into someone, falling backwards.

Man, you really need to pay attention to where you are going, Hyun-Ae!

I look over to see that I had run into a man. Dang it all.

I slowly started to get up and he continued to sit still on the ground.

I walked over to him.

"S-sorry," I stuttered. "I don't pay attention too much when I walk apparently."

Silence.

He continued to sit there. Is he okay?

"Hello?" I bent down to get a closer look at the man as the light's shadow was blocking my view from seeing him properly.

He remained unmoving. I reached a hand out to him to check if he was hurt or something when it was abruptly slapped away. Surprised, I fell back on my bottom.

"D-don't touch me!" The man yelled.

Woah, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

He slowly started to move, getting up off the ground.

I started to get up as well, maintaining my distance from this crazy man.

"S-sorry," I started. "You weren't moving so I thought you may have been hurt or something." I said. Geez, what I get for helping people...

"T-That's fine" he stated looking at me. "J-just don't touch me. Girls freak me out." The man said. Is he serious?

He slapped my hand away because I am a girl?! Well you listen here mister OOO DONT TOUCH ME YOU GOT COOTIES. I was just going to do the nice thing and check on you, but then you slapped away my hand?! HEAVENS.

I stepped closer to him, wanting to hit the guy, when I was finally able to see his face.

"Jungkook?" I asked. Ahh, it makes sense now. Still though, it doesn't give him the right to be a rude jerk.

"D-don't come any closer!" He said. I saw his face turning red. Oh, so is he is just embarrassed being around girls?

Whatever, I don't want to know or deal with this and his phobia anyways. 

"Well, sorry again and have a good night." I said, bowing towards him, trying to be composed. Be lucky that I am being nice. I may be quiet but I could totally rip you a new one if I wanted to, Jeon Jungkook, I mentally threatened him in my head. 

I started walking away from him after he quickly bowed in response to me. I left him standing there and I went into the dorm, happy to be done with the day.

I opened the door to my room and collapsed onto my bed, exhausted.

My mind, wandering from today's events, went back to the moment with Jin.

My heart started beating, remembering how close we were at that moment when he protected me from the ball.

I quickly sat up in my bed.

No, Hyun-Ae! It was nothing! He just protected you! Don't think anything else of it! He was just doing the gentlemanly thing.

At that, my heartbeat began to return to normal.

It was nothing and it means nothing. Let's just forget about it okay?

I laid back down in my bed, going back to staring at the ceiling.

But now that I think about it...where did he run off to in such a hurry?

Jin's P.O.V

As I was running to the dance hall in the University, I realized that I was going to be very late.

Crap! They are going to kill me!

As I neared the door to the practice room we usually reserve, I could hear music in the background. I peeked in through the window of the door to see that they were dancing to Got7's If You Do.

Man, they are so good! I sighed. I hope that I can catch up in my dance skills here soon.

I put my hand on the doorknob and heard the door click open as I turned it. I headed inside, scared of what they would say to me.

They stopped dancing and turned around to see me. From the bright smiles on their faces, I could tell that they were not mad at me for being late, surprisingly.

"Hey Jin," Namjoon said.

"Jinnie~ " J-Hope called.

"Aww, the Princess has arrived!" Taehyung said. Man, I hate that nickname.

Suga stayed quiet and just gave a quick glance in my direction.

"Jin Hyung!" Jimin screamed running up to me, pulling me into a hug.

"What took you so long~" he said.

I ruffled his hair. "Sorry, I was studying with a friend and I lost track of time." I told him.

"Oooo was it a girl, Hyung? Is that why it took you so long?" Jimin asked. I started to turn red at his question.

"Omo~ our Jin was with a girl!" Taehyung said.

"Who? Is it someone we know?" Namjoon questioned.

"I-I'm not telling," I said, becoming embarrassed by the situation.

At that time Jungkook also came in through the door. We all turned around to see that he was red in the face and was out of breath.

"Woah, Jungkook are you okay?" I asked.

"No, I am not," he said, not further explaining the situation.

"Awww my baby! Who did this to you! Do I need to beat them up?" Jimin asked, running over to him after letting go of me. He pulled him into a hug as well, Jungkook not enjoying the situation.

"Y-yah! Let go of me!" He said, while squirming in Jimin's embrace.

"Not until you tell me who did this to you~" Jimin said. Jungkook sighed.

"I-it was a girl," he said. It took everything for me not to laugh at him. I had to turn around and I noticed that the other members were trying not to laugh as well. Man this boy and his fear of girls!

"What it was a girl? Did she beat you up or something?" Jimin asked, confused. "Was she huge or like crazy built!?" 

"No! She just ran into me and almost touched me," he said in a whisper. Oh my god, I can't take this anymore. I suddenly burst into laughter, the other members following me. 

"Haijima!" He yelled at us whining at our reaction. That only made us laugh harder. 

We continued to laugh, none of us saying anything until we calmed down a little bit. Jungkook was the first to speak up, trying to change the topic so we wouldn't embarrass him anymore.

"Oh yeah," he started. "Where were you last night Taehyung?" he asked. We all turned around to look at him. He started to run his fingers through his hair, as if contemplating what to say to us. 

"I, uh," he started. "Stayed in the girls dorm last night." He whispered.

"What the girlfriend wouldn't let you leave?" J-Hope asked, sparking a giggle out of us.

He turned to look at us, his face turning serious. 

"No, she broke up with me last night." He stated bringing his head down to look at his feet. 

We glanced over at J-Hope, giving him a look.

Smooth, J-Hope...smooth.

"S-so," Jimin spoke up. "Why did you stay there then?" 

He sighed.

"I almost got caught by their dorm leader so someone took me in last night, and she let me sleep there so I didn't get caught." He said. We all looked at him in confusion.

"Who was it? Did she have any ulterior motives or anything?" I asked. 

"N-no! She wasn't like that at all! She was just nice enough to comfort me after she heard me breaking up with my girlfriend," he stated. "And yes before you guys ask, you do know her." He said, causing each of us to raise an eyebrow.

"She is also going to hang out with us tomorrow. I kind of blackmailed her so she has no choice~" he said, laughing. 

"Damn it, another girl?" I heard Jungkook whisper.

"Who?" I asked. 

"It was the one Suga pissed off yesterday," He started. Wait...is it...

"It's Hyun-Ae." 

"WHAT!" The other 6 of us said in unison. 

She is hanging out with us tomorrow? 

My heart started to race. 

Why do the other members sound as surprised as I do, especially Suga. He hasn't said anything since I walked in. 

"Why haven't you said anything until now?" Namjoon said, hitting his shoulder.

"W-what? Are you guys mad that I invited her?" He asked.

No the opposite in fact - but why? Am I excited to see her again? 

"Well, I don't want her to come," Suga said. 

"Why?" Taehyung asked. "Because you made her mad yesterday? She said she forgave you." he stated. Suga sighed in annoyance. 

"Whatever," he quietly whispered.

"I can't wait!" Jimin said. "She has always looked really lonely so I want to see what she is really like when she is around people! She is probably really shy," he stated giggling to himself.

"I don't mind, she seems cool," Namjoon grinned.

"Damn it, why her out of all people?" Jungkook silently hissed.

"Woo! Another person to laugh at my jokes," J-Hope said.

"I-I'm cool with her coming. She seems nice," I said. 

"Okay, then it is settled! She will come with us tomorrow!" Taehuyng cheered. 

"Okay, now that that is settled, let's start practicing!" Namjoon yelled, bringing us back to the reason we were in the practice room in the first place.

"Ne!" The rest of us said, getting into starting position.

My heart started to race again at the thought of seeing her. 

Will she be mad at me for leaving so abruptly and falling asleep while she was teaching me? And for not buying her dinner like I promised I would? Probably. But I don't care.

Because I want to see her again.