Bus Ride

Fictionless Love

Hyun-Ae's P.O.V

"I am so stuffed!" J-hope stated.

We all sighed and nodded in response. We had ordered 12 servings of food and it was all gone.

Who knew that they could eat so much!? They would have kept going if the place was a buffet for sure. 

"Well, I don't think that I will be able to function for the rest of the day after that so I think we should head home," Namjoon said.

"I second that," Jin replied.

"Same. I need a nap," Yoongi said.

The rest of us agreed as well. Namjoon went to go pay for the whole dinner, despite my attempts at paying for my share. After he paid, we headed back to the bus stop to wait for our bus back to the campus.

"Aigoo," Jimin said while sitting down on the bench.

"You sound like an old man," Taehyung teased.

"Yah!" He said, getting up from the bench, going after Taehyung.

They started running around in circles, Taehyung continuously calling out "Old!" just to make Jimin even more frustrated.

I sat down on the bench.

"How much longer until it gets here?" I asked. 

"5 minutes?" Namjoon replied, not sounding too sure himself.

I yawned. "Ok, well let's hope it gets here fast," I started. "I am about to fall asleep." I said rubbing my eyes. 

Sneakily, Jimin came and sat down, while I was fighting my sleep, sitting right next to me.

"You can use my shoulder if you want to~" he said singly, giving me what could be almost described as a y smile on his face.

I pushed him in response.

"No!" I stated. 

"Why not?" he asked. "I thought you were sleepy so I was offering you some comfort!"

"Because you sounded like a ert!" I replied.

"Did not!" he pouted.

"Did to! Who says 'You can use my shoulder' without it being creepy?" I retorted.

"Well-"

"I see the bus!" Yoongi called out, interrupting us. I stuck my tongue out at Jimin, making fun of him. He just laughed at me. 

"Weirdo," he whispered.

"If I am weird, you are twice as weird!" I told him as the bus pulled up in front of us. 

As it came to a halt, we all pilled in, swiping our cards before we got to our seats. The bus was surprisingly packed so it was hard to find some seats. 

I ended up sitting by Jin as the other guys found seats in the back. 

My heart started to race as he sat down next to me. 

Stop you stupid thing!

To avert my attention, I looked out the window, watching the lights and the cars go by as we drove. 

We didn't say anything to one another for awhile as we sat in silence.

I suddenly started to get sleepy again and I yawned in response, covering my mouth with my hands to make sure Jin didn't see me looking crazy.

"Still sleepy?" He asked, catching my by surprise.

"Yeah," I replied. "Aren't you tired?" I asked him, turning to face him for the first time on the ride back.

"Kind of, but I don't think I would be able to sleep now even if I wanted to," he replied looking down.

"Why?" I wondered. "Are you not feeling well?" I asked him, bring my hand up to his forehead to check his temp. I felt that he was startled. 

"You don't seem hot," I said, looking at him again. "Omo! Now your cheeks are all red! Should we go to a hospital or something?!" I asked him filled with worry.

"N-no, I am fine," he responded. "I-I promise I am not sick," he told me. 

I sighed.

"Okay, if you say so," I told him, turning back towards the window. 

I hope he is okay. Well, if he gets sick it is not my fault! I tried to help!

As we continued to ride the bus, I could feel the sleepiness hitting me again. My eyelids started to get heavy as I sat on the bus. 

I felt myself nodding on and off, trying to stay awake until I completely passed out.

 

Jin's P.O.V

How could she just touch my forehead like that! I thought she was shy!

I turned back over to look at her, to see that she was staring blankly out the window once again. 

My heart started to race even more as I looked at her. 

Why does she have this affect on me? Do I...

Like her?

I silently giggled at my ridiculous thought.

No...I mean...No...

I glanced back over at her once more. 

How can she be so pretty though? Even as she is wearing her glasses with no make-up on, she is still pretty.

Ba-dump.

I quickly turned away again.

Aish...what is wrong with you! Get yourself together! 

I then proceeded to let my mind wander, hoping to calm this heart of mine. 

After a few minutes, I saw irregular movement out of the corner of my eye.

I glanced over to see her nodding back and forth, her head swinging in motion with the bus. 

I smiled as I saw her.

She must be exhausted. 

I shifted back to the front when I felt something.

I turned to see that her head was now resting on my shoulder.

I awkwardly tried to move her off of my shoulder, to have her only hook her arm with mine, leaning into my arm. 

My heart started to race again. 

What is she doing?!

I struggled as I attempted to find a way out of her hold on me. 

I exhaled, with no successful attempts, I gave up on escaping. 

I looked back over to see that she was completely gone, officially in dreamland. 

Unknowingly, I started to smile as I saw her sleeping. 

Okay Hyun-Ae. Since I used your shoulder yesterday, I guess I can let you use mine today. 

I moved my gaze back to the front of the bus for the rest of the ride home. 

She did not move an inch as the bus continued to drive. 

After a while, we finally made it to our stop. The bus was not as packed as it was before as we hit many stops on the way. 

I looked back over and I started to think of a way to wake her up. I slowly inched closing to her face.

"Hyun-Ae," I whispered. "Wake-up."

She started to stir but it didn't seem to wake her up completely.

"Hyun-Ae, we are back at the campus," I whispered a little louder, shaking my shoulder lightly as well.

She slowly came out of her sleep and in the process removed her head from my shoulder and her arm from mine.

She stretched lifting both of her arms, in the air as she was waking up.

She rubbed her eyes once, before completely opening them.

"J-Jin?" she said. "Are we back?"

"Yes, we made it back," I told her. 

"How long was I asleep?" she asked me.

"For awhile, probably about half the ride," she nodded in response. I then suddenly saw her eyes widen as if realizing something.

"I didn't...," she started. "Fall asleep on you, did I?" she asked.

I turned away for a second before answering, embarrassed.

"Well," I said. She started to panic and I saw her turning red in the process.

It took everything I had not to laugh or smile at her embarrassment at how cute she was being.

"It's okay though," I told her as she was panicking. "You were sleeping pretty soundly so I didn't want to wake you."

She started hitting herself, silently cursing something, taking me by surprise.

"Sorry," she apologized.

"Its okay. Don't feel bad about it," I told her as I started to get out of my seat. "We should probably get off the bus though before the driver drives off," I said.

"R-right," she said. We both started to walk to the open door of the bus. 

We were about to walk out when it suddenly closed on our faces. 

Shocked, we both looked at each other. The bus slowly went into motion and we looked out the glass at the other members as the bus continued to drive off. 

 

Hyun-Ae's P.O.V

Aish, stupid stupid! How could you fall asleep on his shoulder!

"Sorry," I apologized.

"Its okay. Don't feel bad about it," he told me as he started to get up. "We should probably get off the bus though before the driver drives off," he stated.

"R-right," I said. We both started to walk to the open door of the bus when it suddenly closed. 

Surprised, I looked back at him and then back at the glass part of the door. The other members were as shocked as we were as we started to drive off.

"Oh!" I said, pointing at them as the bus continued to move. From what I could see, I saw of few of them running after us but they quickly gave up as we turned a corner.

Jin and I stood there in shock. Breaking myself out of it, I ran up to the bus driver. 

"Excuse me sir," I told him.

"What?" he said crassily. 

"My friend and I accidentally missed the last stop. Can you stop the bus real quick so we can get off?" I said, trying not to sound to panicky in my voice. 

"No can do. I have to go to the next stop and it isn't for another hour." he replied.

"An hour?!" I repeated. 

"Yes! An hour! This was the last stop in the city for the night so the next stop is farther away from the city and in a small town. Now sit back down, you are distracting me from my drive!" he yelled at me.

Shocked, I headed back to where Jin and I were sitting before.

He came and sat by me. 

"So?" he asked, looking hopeful.

"The next stop isn't for another hour. We have to stay on until then," I told him.

"An hour! Aish," he said, rubbing his hand through his hair. 

"And it is apparently in a small town. Are there going to be any taxi's near there you think?" I asked him.

"I don't know. It depends on where it is," he responded.

I sighed. 

"Sorry, this is my fault," I said. "If only I hadn't fallen asleep," I told him.

"No, this isn't your fault," he said. 

I suddenly heard a ringtone go off. I look over at him to see him pick up his phone. 

"Hey." he responded. "Yeah it's going to be another hour. I don't know. It's already late, will taxi's come out that far? We might have to find some place to stay the night if that is the case."

I froze at his comment. 

S-spend the night somewhere? The two of us?!

"Okay. I will. Bye" he ended the call. He put his face in his hands.

My heart started to race at the thought of us alone and all I could think was... 

Why me?!