Just the Beginning

Fictionless Love

Hyun-Ae's P.O.V

After telling Taehyung that we needed to talk, I grabbed a few things and followed him out my door. I decided that it would be better to go somewhere and talk about this then to have all my nosy dorm mates listen in to the conversation.

We walked for a bit when we found a spot by the lake. I had been quite a few times in the last couple of days but since it seemed secluded, it was the perfect place to go with Taehyung. We found an empty bench and after sitting down, we were silent. I think neither of us knew what to say in this moment.

I glanced over to see that he was deep in thought. He also looked...pained. I frowned a little at the sight. The last thing I ever wanted was to be the reason he was so distraught. I wanted to make him happy but I guess that is just not possible anymore. At least as a friend. He noticed me glancing over at him and turned to meet my eyes. I didn't look away but instead smiled, trying to show that I was not uncomfortable in our current situation.

He returned the smile, as if it was being forced out of him. We then both looked away and after taking a deep breath and mentally going over what I was going to say again, I spoke.

"Taehyung," I started, noticing how he was fumbling with his hands. "I know I haven't been the greatest friend these last couple of days. With everything that has happened these last couple of weeks, I feel horrible for not noticing how you really felt. I feel like I have failed you as a friend and person Tae. I never wanted to hurt you. At all. But after you told me how you felt...I had no idea what to do." I began. I noticed that he was now biting his lower lip as he lowered his head, knowing exactly the direction this was going.

"But I like Jin Tae. I don't exactly know when it started but it happened and now we are dating." My heart felt heavy as I told him all of this, feeling miserable while watching his reaction. "I love you Tae but as a friend and nothing else. You are very important to me but in a different way then Jin. I-" I started to choke up as I saw tears starting to trail down his face. "I don't want to lose you Tae. But if you can't be around me, I-I understand." My eyes started to water and I quickly looked away, determined to not break out crying. I patted my eyes with my sleeves and turned to look at him again to see that his head was buried in his hands, making me feel even worse.

"I... I am going with him Tae. And I am really sorry but this is what I have to say. I'm s-sorry." I whispered as if speaking any louder would allow me to break. I continuously stared at Tae, not knowing what to do. I felt as if I couldn't hug him or comfort him at this time, no matter how much I wanted to. He then moved his hands away from his face and started to wipe at his eyes. Taehyung then did what I didn't expect him to do.

He smiled. A genuine one. This made me feel even worse then before, as if he was trying his hardest to be okay with it when he clearly wasn't only a bit before.

"It's okay, Hyun-Ae. I shouldn't have expected anything. I knew you liked him from the beginning but I was hoping that your feelings would maybe change. I now know though that they won't. So..." He trailed off, taking a breath before continuing. "I want you to be happy. Go with him. It will be o-okay." He stuttered, trying not to breakdown again. And that is when I started crying. The tears for the millionth time this week went down my face as I smiled at him, knowing that this was tearing his heart in two.

"It might take me awhile, but if I c-can still-" Before he finished, I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him as we both cried. He was shocked but after a minute he wrapped his arms around my small form as well and squeezed me tightly as he cried once more.

"Of course you can." I whispered, smiling slightly as I did so. "I would be mad if you ran away after this and never talked to me again. I would hunt you down, you know." I asserted, making him laugh a little.

"I know."

~~~

We then left the park and went our separate ways. I watched him walk off as he left me with a bigger smile than before, making my heart feel a little lighter. It still hurt to do that to him but knowing well that he wouldn't disappear, gave me hope. Hope that he can find someone who can cherish him for the amazing person he really is.

After watching him vanish around the corner of the building, I headed back to my room until Jin texted me that he was ready to go. I scrolled through my tumblr page when I realized that I hadn't even picked up my favorite book in so long.

I quickly searched the room and when I found it, I squeezed it tightly. I stared at the cover, running my fingers over Jace's abs once more. Oh Jace, how could I have neglected you for so long?! I thought.

I went to the page that I stopped at and continued reading. I read for an hour before Jin called and let him know that he was good to go and waiting outside my dorm. I bookmarked the page and held it in my arms as I gathered my things and headed for the door. As I walked down the steps, I saw his back and started to run a little faster.

Seeing as how he didn't realize I was down here yet, I stood at the door, watching him check his phone and look around for a minute. I was trying not to laugh as I saw him wait, loving every minute of it.

After a while, I finally decided to open the door slowly. I left my bags on the ground and went and jumped on his back, making him almost fall over.

"Hello~" I singed, making his shocked form sigh.

"Yah! You made me wait so long so you could scare me like that?!" I giggled at his remark.

"You know..." I started, resting my head on his shoulder. "I was actually watching you from the door for a few minutes to see if you would turn around. But you didn't! So I decided to scare you," I teased, making him laugh slightly.

"Well how I was supposed to know you were there? I don't have Hyun-dar." He said.

"You are going to have to learn it at some point in time. Otherwise, you are going to be spooked all the time." I said, making him smile.

"I will work on it. Now come on, let's go. The bus is going to leave here in a few." He patted at my legs, as if telling me that now was the time to get off. But I didn't budge.

"Can you just carry me all the way?" I whined, not wanting to move.

"Not unless you want your stuff left behind. I only have two hands," He answered, moving his head to my side to answer me. Knowing he was right, I got off and sulked.

"Fineeee. I guess I cann." I elongated, making him laugh. I went to gather my things behind the door and came back out with my book and suitcase. After seeing me have everything, he started walking down the stairs to the bus terminal, me trailing behind.

We got there in a few minutes and just in time as the bus had just shown up. We got on and headed straight to the very back. We both sat down, letting our cases rest beside us.

"So did you call her and let her know?" I asked, pulling out a small bag of chips as I was starting to get hungry.

"Yeh. She said that she was excited to have us come back over so soon. She said she was going to prepare all this food and lay out her best bed. She is crazy." He answered. I chuckled at the thought of her humming as she started to get ready for our arrival.

"Well, you know what I think?" I suddenly asked, motioning for Jin to take a chip from the bag. He stuck his hand in and grabbed one.

"What?" He questioned, sticking the chip into his mouth.

"This is going to be a lot of fun. This was a great idea. I do think we need to treat her again though because if we let her do everything I am afraid she is going to pass out on us or something." Jin nodded his head in agreement.

"I think so too. We should go out somewhere this time. See if there is a place she really likes." He reached in the bag for another chip and grabbed one, eating it all in one bite. I smiled at the thought.

"Call!" I said, giving the rest of the chips over to him. I then pulled out my book and started where I left off.

"What is that?" Jin asked, noticing the book.

"My favorite book. Now shhhh," I said. "It is getting really good." My eyes scanned the page, reading intensely when the book suddenly vanished from my hands. Confused I looked to see that Jin had taken it from me and was holding it out of my reach.

"YAH!" I yelled.

"Oh so this is Jace?" He whispered to himself, laughing a little. I was confused by his actions and reached for the book once more when he held it above my head. "Nope!"

"Why not?" I asked, curious as to why he was doing this.

"You don't need this book anymore." He started and I looked at him, seeing the smirk on his face. "You have me now." I cringed.

"Eww that was gross! What I have done to you!" I responded, trying to move away from him when he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me right next to him. My heart started to race at his bold move. Trying to catch him off guard, I reached for the book once more when he stopped me by pecking me on the lips. Getting embarrassed, I hit him in the side,making him drop the book.

"YAHHHH! YOU ERT!" I yelled, grabbing it while he was down for the count. I then placed it in my bag so he couldn't take it from me again. "I need it because it helps me sleep at night." I explained.

"Really?" He asked, intrigued. I nodded, glancing over to see that freaking smirk plastered on his face one more. "Well you aren't going to need it tonight~" He said all seductively. My eyes widened when I realized what he meant.

"Oh my god! I am sleeping with Mi Yong tonight!" I yelled, making him laugh his off. I started laughing a little too at his sudden change.

"I'm kidding..." He said, resting his head on mine, bringing by his side once more. "Maybe." I laughed and pushed him off again, shocked by his persistence to be a ert. And just like that my fiction world that I hide myself in was gone as there was no need to hide anymore or be by myself. As I had made new friends and I now had Jin by my side. This was just the beginning of my new life.

Of my Fictionless Love.

~~~

(A/N): Well there it was! The ending! ;__;

Thank you all so much for reading, liking, and commenting this series and I hope you enjoyed it up until the last minute (despite some of it's cheesiness XD).

Make sure to check out some of my other stories and I will see you all soon! Love you all!

 

P.S. - I might do an epilogue of this if you guys want me to so...let me know ;)