Nice to meet you

The President's Son

 

 

 

2.

 

 

It was twenty minutes passed two when Jongin showed at the company’s lobby. Exactly fifteen minutes after he asked Kyungsoo to wait for him before. Jongin does not look as friendly as Sehun, but that does not lessen the fact that he is a very handsome man as well.

 

Kyungsoo had ramble between his thoughts ever since he sat the sofa, waiting for the president’s son to come. The very least thing Jongin can do that he might give warning to Kyungsoo, or scolding Kyungsoo for spreading false rumor. Kyungsoo did not think he spread false rumor though, only Sehun knows about it. So it does not consider as spreading, it just transferring, maybe.

 

Jongin gives a slight smile to the receptionist when she greeted him, after that he walked passed her to get Kyungsoo who sat on the sofa.

 

“Sorry. Did I make you wait?”

Kyungsoo never agree with the term those teenagers used about melting when seeing something hot, but this time he needs to agree with them. His voice sounds so good, maybe Kyungsoo was exaggerated but the voice of Jongin surely can cure sadness.

 

The fact that Kyungsoo actually scared at Jongin made him cannot really answered with voice, instead just shaking his head as a respond.

 

Jongin smiled to that.

 

“Let’s go,”

 

“Where?” Confused, the executive asked, still did not intent to move from his seat. “Well, you owe me an explanation, Kyungsoo.” Jongin answered, not bother to take seat but standing in front of the smaller male.

 

“I know,” Kyungsoo paused for few second, “But I thought I can explain just at here?” Kyungsoo was more like giving a statement but he also not sure why he sounded like he was asking.

 

“I thought you need privacy,” Jongin answered simply, before he continued with words that made Kyungsoo flushed. “Or at least, I want my private time with my fiancé.”

 

Then, they chose, or more accurate, Jongin chose to set up at a café that fifteen minutes distance from their office. Kyungsoo wanted to complain because there were many cafés around their office building, but he did not dare to speak anything right after he sat in Jongin’s car.

 

“I thought we came here to listen to your explanation, Kyungsoo.”

 

Jongin finally spoke to break the silence between them since ten minutes ago. Kyungsoo did not dare to even look up after they arrived here. When the waiter came to take order, Kyungsoo just pointed to a random drink in the menu because he was so nervous and somehow scare with Jongin.

 

“Y- Yes, we are,” Kyungsoo answered. “What should I explain first anyway?” Kyungsoo asked, because he just did not know what to explain.

 

“Maybe you can start to tell me about yourself.”

 

“Okay, my name is Do Kyungsoo, 25 years old, the treasury department executive at your father’s company, I live alone and… wait, why I need to tell about myself? Did not we came here to explain about the fiancé matter? Kyungsoo frowned when he finally can manage to his right mind and realized why he needs to tell about himself to Jongin.

 

“Right, that’s the real agenda but I’m more interested to know about yourself.” Jongin smiled. “If you’re 25, then you made a hyung for me. I’m 24.”

 

Kyungsoo looked disbelief, and Jongin realized it. “What, which part you want to protest, Kyungsoo?”

 

“You did not look like you’re younger than me.” Jongin sensed a humor in that but Kyungsoo did not really smile together with it, but it still a cute action by Kyungsoo to Jongin.

 

Because honestly, that was also not the part that Kyungsoo wanted to protest. It was the first statement from Jongin. Why the younger would wanted to know him more? Kyungsoo is just one of those staffs in his father’s company that Jongin can throw away if he wanted.

 

“I am younger, hyung. Please believe me.” Jongin said playfully. “I think Sehun disturbed you too much until this fiancé thing come to your mind, no?”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes grew bigger when he heard that from Jongin. “How did you know?” Jongin did not answered right after he asked, but smiled and take a sip of his coffee first.

 

“I know Sehun a little too long, and too much I guess. And I just made things connected, to understand it. What other reason that made a person can decide to admit he was taken other than he does not want being disturb,” Jongin said. “But knowing Sehun, if he can constantly woo you just to get your attention, he was really likes you then. He got bored easily, you know.”

 

Kyungsoo did not know why Jongin told him that anyway, maybe to make him realized that Sehun actually seriously liking him and Jongin wanted him to feel guilty to lose someone who likes him very much but no, Kyungsoo did not feel any of that. Not even feeling regret, just a little guilty because he lied to Sehun about his status. But other than that, he did not feel anything.

 

“I don’t know if he really likes me that much, but I guess it’s not because he stopped after I told him that…” Kyungsoo paused, when he saw Jongin slightly smiled when he spoke. “Why are you smile like that?” Kyungsoo asked, only to earn an it’s nothing please continue from Jongin.

 

“That I’m engaged…”

 

“Because you said you’re involved with me, Kyungsoo. Obviously, Sehun will stop.” Jongin answered simply, before he continued with a question, “Why me, from so many people in this world?”

 

“I just randomly said name…”

 

“That’s sound absurd…”

 

“No, I’m not lying… I didn’t even know you’re exist. I mean, I did not know that the Kim Jongin actually exist, and actually Mr. Kim’s son. If I know I will not say your name...” Kyungsoo said, “I’m sorry.” He continued.

 

“It’s nothing to apologize if you said you didn’t mean it, Kyungsoo.” Jongin responded with flat tone. “But Sehun believe that we’re engaged, maybe now it just him, but he will probably spread it to others.”

 

“I’m sorry….” Kyungsoo said weakly, he didn’t know what to reply. Obviously, the problem started because of him, and it’s Jongin’s very nice courtesy to not reveal the truth to Sehun.

 

“Stop apologizing, it didn’t settle anything.”

 

There, all of sudden, the maturity Kyungsoo thought he owned, gone together with his soul. He wanted to cry, wondering why he, out of people in this world had to experience this tangled situation. But it was his fault to begin with, to settle problem with a lie. Slowly, he regretted to not be a good son that obey his mother, because his mother taught him not to lie but Kyungsoo lied. Kyungsoo is a bad son.

 

“Things happened, it can’t be undone.”

 

Honestly, Jongin’s acts were too calm for this intense situation, Kyungsoo thought. He expected the president’s son to, at least, spilled orange juice to him to punish him for his stupid action. But Jongin acted too calm from that, the said male even beamed his beautiful smile everything Kyungsoo looked at him, scarily, also shyly, because the former is too handsome.

 

“What can I do to settle this thing, sir?”

 

Kyungsoo asked timidly, adding the honorific address at the end of his words to show his very humble self to his employer. It was a lie if he said he did not notice Jongin’s mischievous smile before the latter speaks,

 

“Be my real fiancé then,”

 

It was after few minutes of the quite pause, when the silence started engulfed them, Kyungsoo managed to collect himself to be in a full piece again, because just now, he thought he was broken into pieces.

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me Kyungsoo, I don’t want to repeat it.” Jongin looked at him, this time with an unreadable expression that Kyungsoo cannot decipher. The former was true, he heard it, but he just wanted to reconfirm if he heard the correct thing.

 

“I- I’m so sorry, sir. I know this is my fault, but I don’t want to be the burden…” Kyungsoo said in his very soft voice, if Jongin did not sit very near to him, he will not manage to hear even a word from the executive.

 

“Also… I know my position as a very normal person for you… I don’t thi –”

 

Kyungsoo was put into a sudden heart attack when Jongin took his hand, and slipped a ring into his ring finger. The silver round band, with a small round diamond engraved in the middle, fit perfectly around his finger.

 

Kyungsoo’s so sure he forgot to breath when he finally choke air because the lack of oxygen in his lungs after Jongin rubbed his fingers to wake Kyungsoo up from his drifted mind.

 

“Tell me this is a dream, sir.”

 

Jongin chuckled to Kyungsoo’s reply. Kyungsoo loved to see the view of Jongin’s beautiful smile, and he also loved the sound of Jongin’s chuckles but this is too good to be true, which made him suspected this entire thing was a dream.

 

“It is not a dream, Kyungsoo.”

 

Jongin chuckled again, and Kyungsoo forgot to breathe again that Jongin needed to rub his hand once again to make sure he was breathing. He was turning blue because lack of oxygen, he knew.

 

“But this is too good to be true…” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself, but still enough to make Jongin heard.

 

“Let say… I help you, and you help me. ” Jongin replied as he put more pressure to their tangled hands on the table. Kyungsoo’s hand turned really cold, he realized that because Jongin’s hand feel so warm around his.

 

“I don’t know if father had tell you this. You know the Jung, right? They want me to marry their daughter, and I, as you can see, I don’t like girl, Kyungsoo. But not the real problem here, father said he didn’t want to force me too, but since the Jung knows that I’m single, they will try every single way to tie me with their daughter.” Jongin stopped few seconds to give Kyungsoo time to digest the information, before he continued with his explanation.

 

“I’m so sure father will be more than happy if I told him that I dated you. So, since you already told Sehun that we’re engaged, it will be easier to continue this act, I guess? I just need the Jung to know that I'm not available for their daughter.” For the first time since he met Jongin, Kyungsoo finally saw the hesitance side of the man.

 

“But why me?” Kyungsoo asked, trying to imitate the lines from the romantic movie he watched, when the heroin tried to ask for explanation on why the hero wanted him. Yes, Kyungsoo imagined that.

 

“Well, obviously because you started this mess, and I just being a kind hearted man to not throw you out even after you spread false rumor about me.”

 

Jongin answered, and that destroyed Kyungsoo’s romantic bubbles that just started to form. A bummer really, ugh.

 

“If that can make you not mad at me, then I agree.” Kyungsoo answered, disappointed because Jongin did not answer like the hero in his favorite romantic movie.

 

“It’s a deal then, hyung.”

 

Jongin chided excitedly, Kyungsoo might questioned that later but the fact that Jongin called him hyung made him groaned to the latter.

 

 

 

 

 

--