Let's be nice to each other

The President's Son

3.

 

When Jongin said that his father will be happy if he dated Kyungsoo, it was not a lie. His father talked about the executive a lot. Kyungsoo this, and Kyungsoo that, even when he was in Canada, he already heard a lot about Kyungsoo.

 

The male is obviously his father’s favorite staff, and Jongin cannot wait to see the old man’s reaction when he tells him that he dated Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo is really cute. Jongin cannot argue, and he needed to admit that even from the first few second he saw him standing near Sehun this morning, he was in awe by the older male’s beauty. His milky white skin, pearly perfect arranged teeth, love shaped lips, and everything about him screamed beauty.

 

He surely did not mind to have Kyungsoo as his fiancé for real.

 

-


 

“Last time I checked I’m so sure I’m not engaged to any contract to be your companion to a charity event, sir.” Kyungsoo complained, didn’t really like the idea to attend an event with Jongin. Not that he didn’t familiar with the surrounding, as being the exclusive executive in his company, Mr. Kim always believed him to be the representative of their company in certain event.

 

But this time it’s really different because he came with Jongin. He really hoped Jongin just wanted a companion, and not telling everyone that they’re engaged.

 

“This is Kyungsoo, my fiancé.”

 

There. Kyungsoo really wanted to dig a hole there and bury himself because he didn’t know what to do when Jongin introduced him to a group of rich ladies, as his fiancé.

 

Why Jongin is too stupid? Those girls are so pretty. Not that Kyungsoo felt attracted though, because the said Kim Jongin is even more attractive.

 

“That’s fast, Jongin. I thought you just came back a week ago?”

 

Kyungsoo recognized her. Jung Soojung, the daughter of the Jung, Kyungsoo had seen her few times when Soojung accompanied his father during monthly meeting with the board directors at their company.

 

“It’s not that fast, we’ve known each other for quite a long time, isn’t Kyungsoo?”

 

Jongin smiled to Kyungsoo, hand was sneaking to Kyungsoo’s waist to rest there peacefully. In no time, Kyungsoo was in Jongin’s hold.

 

“Yes, it’s quite a long time.”

 

Kyungsoo answered, playing along with Jongin’s game. The Soojung girl didn’t seem really good with her expression, but she still smiled.

 

“I see, which company your father owns?”

 

Soojung asked with her slightly smirk face, as if being heir of a certain company is the policy to date Jongin. Kyungsoo didn’t answer because he didn’t know how to answer it, he didn’t know how Jongin wanted him to answer the question so he just stayed silent.

 

“His future father in law is the Kim Corp’s owner.”

 

Jongin replied nonchalantly, hearing that from Jongin made Kyungsoo’s inner self jumped happily because yes, that’s how the hero in Kyungsoo’s love story should answer. Soojung’s confident face suddenly turned gloomy with the answer. And before she made her comeback to reply Jongin, the male asked permission to leave.

 

“She’s surely hate me.”

 

Kyungsoo said with a pout. Jongin just came back from the beverage counter to get him water. Not that Kyungsoo asked for it, it’s just the younger’s courtesy to give his fiancé water when he’s thirsty. Kyungsoo pouted as Jongin handed him a glass of juice, it is juice? Oh maybe, its grape flavor right?

 

They stand at one of the corner, not really far from the crowds but enough to make them have their private space.

 

Jongin didn’t answer Kyungsoo’s remark, the guy just gave him a handsome wide smile. Kyungsoo felt his world spinning for a while, he started to doubt his sanity because how can a smile can make his world goes spinning like this? Even after few minutes, he still felt the same dizziness, and he started to sweat though it's actually winter season.

 

“Attention, please.”

 

A lady voice from the speaker resonance in the hall, earning the attention that she wanted from the guests that night. Kyungsoo and Jongin also gave their attention to the lady on the stage. One of Soojung’s friends just now, Kyungsoo recognized.

 

“We’re so lucky today because we have the biggest donator with us.”

 

“And he comes with his fiancé.”

 

Kyungsoo prayed the Kim’s is not the biggest donator, but Kyungsoo had checked the list of contributors for today’s event, he cannot lie himself.

 

As the girl continued talking to the crowds, Kyungsoo had lost in thoughts because; one, Kim Jongin suddenly pull him closer to him, his hand neatly wrapped around his waist, and two, the crowds started to give attention to him.

 

“Let’s welcome him to entertain us today.”

 

That was the only clear words he can hear from the girl before the crowds claps and welcoming him to the stage. What the ? Kyungsoo heard few wooing and whistle noise from certain group of male to him, he didn’t really care about it actually but when the eyes of all guests that night were directed to him, only him, he can conclude what actually happen.

 

“Sulli’s really too much- It’s okay, hyung. I can handle this.”

 

Kyungsoo realized Jongin was not calm since the said girl, Sulli, walked to the stage and emceeing, he seemed agitated by her actions. Kyungsoo knew Jongin worried about him, he didn’t know why but Jongin’s assurance caresses and pats on his back felt like wanting to tell him so.

 

“I will do something, hyung. Don’t worry.”

 

The crowds still looked at them, waiting Kyungsoo to move to the stage and perform something to entertain them. He noticed the piano put nicely on the corner of the stage, and few other instruments there.

 

Jongin was about to walk from him to do the something that Kyungsoo didn’t even know what it is, before Kyungsoo stopped him.

 

“It- It’s okay. I can sing few song... I’m not really good but I- I can do something to prove me worth to be your fiance.” Kyungsoo said with his watered eyes, he too, feels nervous to do it but he want to try this. Not for the crowds but for Jongin. His breathing pattern changed, that make him felt breathless.

 

“Prove to them I mean, you know the- I mean- since you already- I mean since they know me as your fiance, I need to act like their expectation- right? At least I’m not an useless man who hold your hand- we’re not holding hand though- but you get it, right? Just let me do this- I promise I won’t messed up.”

 

The younger didn’t respond but staring at Kyungsoo few second before he tilted his head, smiling widely. “As the one who complained a lot about me bringing him to an event, you’re surely not acted like one, hyung.”

 

Kyungsoo flustered, cheeks were turning blushing red. “I don’t-”

 

“Go, make me proud, fiance.”

 

Few pats on his shoulder before he ushered Kyungsoo to the stage because their small intimate talk actually makes the crowds turned awkwardly silent.

 

It’s a bless actually when Kyungsoo’s mother was strictly wanting him to go to music class every day during secondary schools, and that didn’t stop there, even until he’s in university, his mother still want him to play instruments for her every time he’s going back to her house, piano was her favorite.

 

He’s maybe not good but he’s not a clueless and naive Cinderella. He’s a man with pride and knowledge. If those girls think he didn’t know how to play these instruments and he will cry because he will felt guilty and shame, then they are totally wrong. Because Kyungsoo can play almost all of it.

 

Kyungsoo is extra in everything, don’t forget.

 

He chose piano, because it’s the instrument he most confident with and when he said, he want to impress Jongin, he really means it.

 

Spring Waltz from Chopin.

 

The last key he pressed, all he heard after that was the big applause from the crowds.

 

First time in his life after twenty five years, he felt so satisfied and delighted hearing the applause from the stage. He didn’t even feel this happy when he received his first class degree award during his graduation day. Then, he realized that it’s not the applause, it’s the cheerful look on the certain someone’s face that made him radiantly happy.

 

He walked down the stage to get Jongin, who waits him with a gleeful looks and smiling sunnily.

 

“Wow, I don’t know you’re good. I’m sorry that I underestimate you, hyung.”

 

“That’s mean I deserve a raise, sir.”

 

“Well, you don’t need a raise after we’ve married, Kyungsoo.”

 

“In your dream. Who’s agree to marry you. We’re not even a real couple to begin with. Consider this as my way to pay my mistake by- you know, spreading rumor about us.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t want to let the younger knew that he started to like him, not that Kyungsoo felt head over heel to him anyway. He believed this is just a one time thing and the feeling will slowly but surely faded from times to times. Kyungsoo didn’t do romance, he didn’t falling in love. That’s so not him.

 

“Well, that’s okay then.”

 

Jongin handed him a glass of juice again. The same grape flavor juice he gave before. Kyungsoo thanked him before he gulped down the content slowly. It’s still taste weird but he tried to adapt with the taste.

 

“You’re wearing the ring I gave.”

 

Jongin will never let him breath peacefully, he almost choke of juice with the remark. Kyungsoo only looked at him, biting his lower lips, trying to find a good excuse to argue. His head hurts, and he felt like less oxygen entering his lungs. 

 

“It’s looks expensive to be thrown away and my mother told me to appreciate people’s gift. Therefore, I, as a civilised young man, wears it, as you can see now.”

 

Kyungsoo retorted nonchalantly. Smooth, Kyungsoo, smooth.

 

“It’s not that expensive, I bought it because I like the design. But, I surely will buy you a better ring when we got married for real. It’s mine anyway, for my pinky finger.”

 

Kyungsoo only gave him a slight smile, but deep inside he was rambling about the fact on how Jongin’s pinky ring can fit perfectly into his ring finger? According to his mother, cough, Kyungsoo is not a mother boy, he just loves his mom, when the pinky finger and ring finger are in the same size from two people, they are meant to be.

 

“I heard the old folk says-”

 

It didn't happen suddenly but Kyungsoo started realized that his world moved in slow motion, he felt his head spinning badly, and then Jongin’s words started to become inaudible, that's all he remembered before everything turned to be blank.


 

-

-

 

idk abt music sheet of piano forgive me