Hello, fiancé

The President's Son

 

 

 

1. 

 

 

Do Kyungsoo was a moderate guy.

 

He had a stable job as one of the most reliable and trusted executive in one of the famous companies in the country, having a great paid every month, living in a simple and comfortable apartment at a strategic location in the town and a happy single twenty five years old man.

 

Do Kyungsoo always had plan for his yearly things-to-do but the idea of getting into relationship was never in his yearly wishlist. That was why when the infamous playboy named Sehun proposed to him, he rejected it immediately. First and second attempts were rejected with unclearly excuse but after the third attempt, Kyungsoo was tired and fed up so he gave an excuse. A very good excuse.

 


“I’m enganged, Sehun.”

 

The man left dumbfounded. Eyebrows creased as he opened his mouth only to shut it again when he failed to construct any words. Kyungsoo smiled because he knew the man bought his excuse.

 

“What’s his name?”

 

Kyungsoo tried to not panic with the question as his inner self ragging to generate a possible and a not so lies coated name. The pause went about two minutes making the other man smirked and Kyungsoo did not like it.

 

“Can’t recall your fiance’s name, Kyungsoo?”

 

Come on, Do Kyungsoo will not let himself lost in his own game. “Kim...” Yes, right. Kim is the most common surname in Korea, now move to his name, you can do it, Kyungsoo, think. “Kim...” Sehun gave him a look that Kyungsoo cannot decipher, either he was trying to believe or just play dumb to act he was actually listening.

 

“Kim Jongin.”

 

What? Kyungsoo rambled between he and himself because where the that Jongin name came from. Kyungsoo almost wanted to admit that he was lying and Sehun can laugh at him after that, but the other guy seemed to have a deep thought before he nodded.

 

“I never saw you wear your ring.”

 

Sehun asked, this time Kyungsoo answered immediately without thought much. “Well, since he still in Canada, we don’t have time to buy one but we will definitely buy it later.” Yes, he needed to buy a ring after this to make his lie looks real and Sehun can go away from his life.

 

Sehun nodded as the way to show he was listening and believing. Kyungsoo did not know either he was good at lying or Sehun just too naive to believe him, but either way, he was so happy because finally that guy will stop haunted him twenty four seven.

 

Kyungsoo admitted Sehun was a nice guy despite he was a playboy and a son of rich man who did not taking anything serious in his life. Sehun was nice and kind to him, brought him flower, treating for lunch and even gave lot of chocolates to him. All that only got rejected by Kyungsoo because he knew that he cannot return the feeling so it was better to make distance before Sehun put hope on him.

 

However the guy did not easily giving up as he kept sending flowers and visited Kyungsoo everyday at his work place even after being turned down by Kyungsoo all the time. It turned to be more and more irritating day by day, making Kyungsoo had no choice but to give white lie about his non existance fiance.

 

He hoped his peace will come back after it.

 


 

Kyungsoo was right about his prediction that Sehun will stop disturb him after he told him about his fiance.

 

Sehun did stopped.

 

However Kyungsoo forgot the fact that Sehun is the son of one of the shareholder in the company he worked, that was means Sehun was also close to the company’s president, Mr. Kim Junho.

 

One months after the incident, Kyungsoo saw Sehun came out from Mr. Kim’s room with a smile on his way to the pantry to refill his drinking bottle. Kyungsoo tried hard to make himself as small as he can so that the taller will not see him.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo!”

 

Damn.

 

‘Hey,” Kyungsoo answered as he stopped in front of the pantry’s room as he saw Sehun walked to approach him. Kyungsoo’s room quite far from the pantry and it was hidden behind many cubicles in the office, making more distance from his room and the president’s room. Mr. Kim once asking him if he wanted to change room but Kyungsoo waved the offer with a reason that he loved the peace at the most right-side wing room of the office.

 

“I heard that your fiance finally coming back today.” Sehun stated as he beamed a smile to Kyungsoo. No hard feeling about what happened before, it was a good improvement, Kyungsoo thought. He almost exhaled his relief breath only to stop when he decipher Sehun’s words.

 

“Sorry?” Kyungsoo asked confusedly. What about this fiance coming back thing?

The taller male chuckled, “Don’t play dumb, I know you’re so excited.” Kyungsoo’s brows furrowed even more, making Sehun laughed. “I know Jongin too, Kyungsoo. We’re childhood friend, we always being rival back then. Sometimes I won, sometimes he won, but this time I have my biggest lost to him.”

 

His last words got a sad tone if Kyungsoo listened carefully but the executive did not pay any attention to anything after he heard Sehun said about him knowing the Kim Jongin. The Kim Jongin who should only exist in his white lies mission, the Kim Jongin who he randomly created the name without knowing that there was a real Kim Jongin.

 

“That’s why Mr. Kim was so nice to you, right? Because you’re-” Sehun stopped from talking when the door of the main entrance was opened, taking a glance to see the person behind the door. “Jongin!” He yelled, smiling widely at the said man.

 

“Jongin...” Kyungsoo wanted to disappear from there, he hoped he can turn into a ball and rolling until he reached his room and hide there. But he can’t do that.

 

Why? Why the Kim Jongin must exist? Kyungsoo just wanted to release himself from Sehun, he only wanted his peaceful life before Sehun came, that’s why he was lying, it was even the ing first time he lied, but it turned to be this disaster.

 

Kyungsoo tensed when he heard the footstep coming approaching them. It sounded so clear and the other sounds around him turned to be mute, Kyungsoo only remembered to breath when he felt his heart beated faster. Breath, Kyungsoo, relax, he said to himself, trying to sooth his rambling inner self.

 

“Hi, Sehun. It’s been a while.”

 

If Kyungsoo did not worry and scare right now, he might be flailing over the voice from beside him. The said Jongin stopped besides him, standing close to him, facing Sehun who standing in front them. The scent of the expensive perfume lingered, smelled so nice, so masculine, making Kyungsoo almost turned to see the man but he held himself from doing that.

 

“How’s Canada, Jongin?”

 

“Canada is nice, but Korea is way much better.”

 

God, he had a handsome voice. Kyungsoo thought, but he cursed himself for thinking that in this situation because it was not right, so not right because he had something important to think now. To think on how to escape from these two men without getting caught lying and without getting embarassed by his own lie.

 

“Of course Korea’s better, your fiance’s here.”


Kyungsoo had a determination that he can escape if Sehun did not mention about this fiance things in front this Jongin but he did, he’s ing said it.

 

“What’s fiance?” Jongin asked as he moved slightly closer to Kyungsoo when someone wanted to pass to the pantry. Kyungsoo took the chance to steal a glance of the guy’s features, his lips looks y, the nose also looks so good from the side, and the skin, it’s-

 

“Why’re you two acted like not knowing each other? Don’t be shy, I’m okay with PDA. Go hug if you want.”

 

“What? Sehun, are you okay? I don’t understand.” Jongin asked again, he must be so confused but Kyungsoo cannot spare him a sympathy because he needed it more than Jongin. Then, Jongin looked at him, making him breathless because those stare were full of questions and Kyungsoo cannot explain the weird effect that he experienced now.

 

“This guy right here is your fiance and you acted so cool like not knowing him. Jongin, don’t kidding me.”

 

To that, Kyungsoo wished he called his mother this morning to say that he loved her so much and thanked her for raised him so well. Kyungsoo thought this was his last day to be alive. Kyungsoo already can hear the sound of Sehun’s laughs at him for making a lie, or Kyungsoo already can imagine himself being embarassed by this Jongin in this office.

 

The heavy sound of breath was heard and Jongin’s eyebrow knitted turned normal few seconds – or more, because Kyungsoo lost count – after that.

 

“Yeah, it’s- you know, it’s been a while. It’s kinda awkward to finally meet each other.”

 

What!? Kyungsoo turned to look at the male, who he was so sure it was their first time meeting each other, blinking few times as the man also looked at him smiling tenderly at him.

 

“Right?” He asked, and Kyungsoo was sure the question was for him. He ended up nodding to agree, and Jongin smiled to him.

 

“Ah I see. See you later, then. I’ve to go now.” Then, Sehun left and the silent was took over between those two.

 

Kyungsoo regained his strength before he looked up only to meet with Jongin’s eyes that already stare at him. “Nice to meet you, Mr. Fiance.”

 

“I can- I can explain about it.” Kyungsoo stuttered between his words, he was so nervous because this man was trying to shove himself to Kyungsoo and his stare was just too- it was too strong that Kyungsoo afraid he can melt if he looked back.

 

“Yeah yeah sure. You need to but let me meet my father first.” He said after he chuckled at Kyungsoo’s stuttered voice. “What’s your name anyway, cutie?” Jongin asked.

 

“Ky- Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo?”

 

“Hello Kyungsoo, my name is Jongin. Kim Jongin. I need you to wait me at the lobby after I meet my father.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at him with a confused look. “When?”

 

“I won’t taking so long, maybe fifteen minutes after this?” Jongin stated after he looked a while at his watch, trying to estimate the time.

 

Kyungsoo knew this idea was utterly wrong, what’s with him and this Jongin needed to meet up outside the office, yes right, he knew it was his fault to begin with. ‘Wha- It’s office hour now.” He tried to object with an excuse.

 

‘Well, it’s a command from the president’s son. So please kindly take serious action.”

 

“What?” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he received the information. Mr. Kim had said about his son coming back from Canada last week, but he did not actually listen as he was busy checking at the money flow accounts.

 

“See you, fiance.” 

 

 

 

--