Chapter 2

When There Is You

No One's POV

Turning corners and cutting through traffic, the boys ran, trying to lose the hoard of girls catching up on them. 

 

'AREN'T THEY TIRED OF RUNNING?!' Sehun shouted as they ran down yet another street.

 

'GUYS, THERE! THAT CAFE! IT'S STILL OPEN' Kai panted as he pointed at the cafe located across the street. Immediately, the boys rushed across the street and stumbled into the cafe.

 

Diving under the tables of the cafe, they shut their eyes and prayed hard, hoping that the fangirls did not see them getting into the cafe. However, oblivious to them, someone over the counter was staring at them with confusion on her face. 

 

Hye Su's POV

'Not again...what did I do wrong this time!' you cried out in annoyance as you pulled out the failed batch of cupcakes out of the oven, they looked disgusting, being all gooey and lumpy even after placing them into the oven ten minutes ago. This was the eighth time trying to bake the citron flavoured cupcakes but to no avail. 

 

Dumping them into the bin under the counter, you started preparing the ingredients for another batch of cupcakes. 'Eggs, flour, baking soda, sugar, citron jam....what else am I missing?' you thought to yourself as you stared at the ingredients before you. 

 

Placing the new batch of batter into the oven, you were interrupted by the sounding of the chime that you hung up on the entrance of the cafe, followed by sounds of running and screeching of chairs being dragged. Shocked at the sudden outburst, you looked up from the counter in confusion to see nine hooded figures cowering under the tables of the cafe.

 

Bad thoughts surged into your mind. 'They're not running away from the police right? I mean, look at them? It's the middle of summer and they're wearing hooded jackets and masks?'  

 

Moving quietly toward the broomstick lying by the side the counter, you edged your way towards the group of boys, working up the courage to chase the potential trouble makers away from your cafe.

 

Chanyeol's POV

'Are they gone?' I heard Baekhyun whisper as he looked over to Lay who had his eyes peeping over the table they were under. 

 

'I think they are gone, I don't see anyone around' Lay whispered back, heaving a sigh of relief. 

 

'Whew, that was close. What would have happened if...AHHHHHH' I shrieked aloud as I turned around, and was faced with a raised broomstick inches away from my head. Moving my head up to look over the brandished broomstick, I caught sight of a pair of hazel brown eyes, gazing back at me. 

 

'Excuse me, but we're closed...please leave before I call the police' she threatened though her hand trembled.

 

'WHOA, WHOA..calm down. We're not going to do anything. We were just running away from a group of girls chasing us a few moments ago. And by the way, your shop's not closed, it's clearly opened seeing the sign there.' Kai explained with his arm raised.

 

The girl turned her head towards the entrance and hissed at herself, probably scolding herself for forgetting to flip the sign of the cafe from open to closed. 'Opps, I'm sorry. I thought you guys were going to burglarize the shop or something.' she stammered as she lowered the broomstick that she was holding. 

 

'It's alright. It was our fault, barging into the shop like that. Must have frightened you quite a bit' sympathized Suho as he walked up to the girl, holding up his hand for a handshake, as a form of apology. 'I'm Joonmyun, but please call me Suho, I'm the leader of this group.' 

 

'Why is he trying to get a handshake from the girl?!' I thought as I stared at the girl, anticipating her reaction.

 

'Oh, erm, hi, I'm Hye Su...' she replied as she wiped down her hands on her half apron before grasping onto Suho's hand. 

 

'Hye Su.....what a pretty name....wait, what am I thinking?!' I muttered. Shaking off the crazy thought, I caught up with the conversation between Hye Su and the members.  

 

'If it's okay, please stay and allow me to serve you some coffee and snacks to make up for my actions earlier. Don't worry, it's on the house. So, yes, yes, sit down and make yourself comfortable!' she blurted out.

Before anyone could reply, she disappeared hurriedly behind the counter and the silence of the space was replaced by the whirring of a coffee machine. 'Well, that was awkward...but oh well, at least we're getting free coffees right?' Xiumin grinned, taking a seat at one of the tables they were just hiding under. 

 

Following Xiumin, the rest of the members sanked into the seats of the cafe, exhausted by all the running, coupled by the hours of dance practice they had before.

 

Taking a seat near the counter, I bit my lip and shifted my body back and forth, trying to catch a glimpse of Hye Su from behind the machines as the aroma of coffee permeated the surrounding air. 

 

Hye Su appeared not long after with a shy smile intact, carrying a tray filled with cups of coffee and tasty looking cupcakes. 'Here, try these. I've been wanting to include these coffees and cupcakes into my new menu, but wasn't sure if they will satisfy the tastebuds of the customers.' she shyly said as she placed the cups of steaming coffees and the mouth watering cupcakes on the table.

 

'In 3..2..1' Chen counted down as the rest of the team gaped at the huge spread of goodies spreaded across the table. Within seconds, hands flew towards the cupcakes and coffees, attempting to grab the cupcakes and coffees that they wanted and stuffing them into their mouths.

 

'MMMHHH, THIS ARE SOOO GOOD!!' squealed Baekhyun as he took yet another huge bite into his half eaten cupcake, icing smearing over his lips.

 

'These are really good, you should add them into that new menu you were talking about. However, may I suggest you add a tad more sugar to compliment the sourness of orange that I taste in the cupcake?' suggested DO as he swallowed the rest of his cupcake that he was holding. 

 

Staring at the beautifully crafted cupcake in hand, I took a bite out of it. 'This has got to be one of the best cupcakes I have ever tasted' I thought to myself as a rush of flavours flooded my senses. 

 

'Won't you get caught for giving us free food? We wouldn't mind paying for the food you served. It's really not much.' Suho enquired as he put down his cup. 

 

'No, no, don't worry about it. I'm really happy you enjoyed the coffees and cupcakes! I mean, I don't think I will get into trouble since I'm the owner of this cafe, don't you think?' Hye Su replied with a shrug of her shoulders and a tinge of playfulness in her voice. 

 

'Wait, you're the owner of the cafe? But you look so young!' said Xiumin, surprised.

 

'I opened this cafe a few months back, and I'm 20.' replied Hye Su. 

 

'OH OH! I'M OLDER THAN YOU! CALL ME SEHUN OPPA!' Sehun screamed with delight, finally finding someone younger than him. 

 

Looking back at Hye Su, she was gawking doe eyed at the maknae of the team, who was jumping in his seat with excitement. 'Why must Sehun be called Oppa, pfft.' I thought as I glared at the maknae in irritation. 

 

'Alright, alright, Sehun, settle down. Oh, we forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Suho, if you have forgotten and these people are Sehun, Kai, Chen, Xiumin, DO, Lay, Baekhyun and Chanyeol' Suho explained as he pointed at each one of us.

 

Nodding, she turned to each of the members and gave a slight smile. When she finally reached the end of the line, she looked at me and gave me a small wave. The world stopped as I tried to comprehend what just happened. 'DID SHE JUST WAVE AT ME!' I spazzed in my head.

 

'It's getting late and we probably should get going, we have interupted your time enough. Thank you for the hospitality and provding us with the comforts of your cafe, we will visit again if we get a chance shoudl be have the time after our practices.' our leader announced as he raised from his seat, pulling the still excited Sehun up with him by the arm. 

 

'Oh, you're most welcome. Do visit again. We get a little lonely sometimes due to the lack of customers. The newly opened SoSmith cafe opened a few blocks down the road has been gaining quite some attention and has been pulling most of our customers over...' Hye Su said dejectedly as she walked us towards the exit. 

 

'Sure thing! Knowing my members, one of them would surely drop by again, especially with those cupcakes of yours.' Suho reassured with a wink. 

 

'That be nice, well, have a safe trip back and have a great night.' Hye Su greeted us as the members filed out of the cafe. 

 

No One's POV

Walking further away from the cafe they have just exited, everyone was feeling rather light hearted and were having small talks with one another. Well, except for a certain tall guy, who kept turning his head back towards the cafe, hoping to catch another glimpse of the girl that he met a few hours ago....

 

'I'll back soon' he thought before catching up with his teammates and making their way back to their dorms. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

Ahhhh, finally done writing the 2nd chapter, hope you liked it. Had a really tough time trying to figure out who says what and how to write the conversations in a neater way.

Do leave your comments down below so I know what y'all are thinking of the story :) 

Much Love, 

StarlightB