Chapter 1

When There Is You

Hye Su's POV

 

Slumping into one of the seats of the cafe, I sighed in disappointment. It was another unfruitful day with only a trickling of customers visiting my cafe. I have always dreamed of opening a cafe that I can proudly call my own, with the cafe filling to the brim and to see my customers come and leave with satisfied smiles on their faces.

 

However, little did I know, I'd be struggling to keep my cafe afloat, especially with that newly opened cafe just a few blocks down the street, opened by the queenka from my culinary school, Jung Yoon Soo. Yoon Soo started her first SoSmith cafe at the Hongdae area with the backing of her rich family. With her family's background, she was able to attract business from her family's associates and business partners, making her cafe a big hit.

 

Upon hearing that I was starting up my own cafe business near the Gangnam area, which I had painstakingly worked hard for to be able to pay for the rent, Yoon Soo decided to open another one of her damn cafe just a few blocks away from mine.  

 

'Hye Su, wipe that frown off your face. Tomorrow will be a better day!' Heejun said as he swung his bag over his shoulders with Soojung and Minhee nodding their heads in agreement behind him. The three have been with me since the day Hillstop Cafe was opened and never left eventhough business was failing. 

 

'Alright, alright, you guys get home safe and thank you for your help today!' I said as I muster up my biggest smile I could manage as they waved goodbye and stepped out of the cafe. I was really thankful to have these group of people with me. They have been very supportive and their fun personalities made us good friends quickly.

 

Watching their backs get smaller and smaller, I heaved a sigh and raised from the fluffy cushion and pat on my half apron. Heading over to the counter, I started to clean out the dirty plates to prepare for the hours ahead.

 

I was planning to release a new menu in a few weeks’ time, hoping that they might bring in more customers. Looking at the ingredients I had on the counter, I prayed that I will be able to come up with some ideas for the new menu.

 

No One's POV 

 

'Ugh, this has got to be one of the most tiring choreographies we have had since 'Wolf'' complained Chen as he laid down on the floor of their practice room, panting heavily. 

 

'Let's take ten before continuing. Our comeback is coming up soon and we have to make sure our dance is perfect, we wouldn't want to disappoint our fans don't we?' Suho announced as he threw a bottle of water over to Baekhyun that was slouching over the couch. 

 

'I can't feel my hands and feet anymore, can't we just end practice now and go to SoSmith cafe down the street for some coffee? I really want to try out their coffees. They have so many good reviews online and i'm dying for some caffine in my system right now.' whined Xiumin as he displayed his puppy eyes to their leader, hoping that their leader would give in to his request. 

 

One by one, each member turned towards their leader, with their faces filled with anticipation, waiting for their leader to show some kind of response to Xiumin's remark. 

 

'Oh, alright. Stop showing me those faces of yours guys.' Suho relented as he walked over to his bag, packing his towel and water bottle. 

 

'YES!' exclaimed the boys as they ran towards their bags and packed their clothes and towels, forgetting all about their aching legs and arms. 

 

Switching off the lights of their practice room and saying their goodbyes to the security guards on duty, the boys sneaked out into the windy, quiet night, making their way towards the cafe that Xiumin wanted to go to clad in their hoodies and mask to cover their faces, praying that they would not be seen by their fans standing outside their company building. 

 

'I think we're safe' whispered Lay as they passed the group of girls surrounding the front of the building.

 

'OH MY GOD! IS THAT LAY?! OH MY GOD AM I DREAMING?! OH MY HEAVENS, OPPA!!' screamed the girl whose hair was held up with a headband filled with Lay's faces on it. Instantly, heads turned, squeals of delight and screams of excitement filled the air.

 

'RUN!!' screamed Chanyeol as he pushed through his teammates while flailing his arms wildly in the air. Without thought, the rest of the team ran forward as fast as their legs could carry them, away from the screaming fans hot on their heels.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note

How was the first chapter guys? Do leave your comments below so I can improve on my story :) 

Much Love, 

StarlightB