Open Sesame

Read At Your Own Risk!

118_1r16_2011_00313_livebooks.jpg

"Back! No sign of him there," Jay informed

"Phew, I'm exhausted Jay. I shouldn't have agreed to follow you guys if I knew something like this were to happen. Just to search for 5 million dollars and we have to go through such a tedious journey," Chaerin complained

"It's 5 million dollars. With that huge amount, of course you would have to go through some burdensome obstacles," Jay explained at the same time shining his torch randomly when an antique music player caught his attention

"Woah this is cool," he complimented and tried to play some music which he managed to figure out how

 

The music player let out a classical instrumental type of rhythm, letting out a very relaxing sensation. Jay began to hum to the tune of the instrumental song which kept Chaerin wondering.

3304cac0b065c2d8aaf383d63fc46ef4.jpg

"You listen to this type of songs? I don't think you're the type to," Chaerin told him

"When I was young, my mum used to hum me this song to sleep," Jay said as he stared at the music player like as if he adores it so much

 

Chaerin felt uneasy but putting her negativity aside, she suggested they should continue on with their search.They paused their steps when the the rhythm of the music tend to be replaced by what a damaged radio would sound like. The screeching sound coming from it started to get contagious and loud when a few seconds later, it was completely silent as Jay and Chaerin stole glances at each other in confusion.

Suddenly, they fled in panic as the window made a sudden slam allowing some of the rain to enter with the sound of the creepy, howling wind that was really not helping at all. As Jay was trying to gently close the window that unfortunately was stuck, something caught Chaerin's attention in an instant.

 

"Mum?" she called out softly upon seeing a familiar figure which just walked pass by the room they were in

 

Chaerin paused her steps and gave herself a moment for her brain to be stabalise at the same time thinking about her late mum which recently passed away due to sickness. She was being distracted again after sensing someone was staring at her from afar and she saw her mum again wearing a pleasant white long dress when she lifted up her vision and focus on the stairway. 

tumblr_n22du6nNLo1qetf7lo1_500.gif

Recalling back all the memories she had with her mum, Chaerin blinked back tears that threatened to overcome her. Upon seeing a welcoming arm from afar from the woman that she loved, Chaerin without hesitation made her way out of the room, leaving Jay who was having some difficulty to close the window.

***

The hope of finding her way out was slowly decreasing when Eva sense that she was still stuck in the mansion after 30 minutes of search. Luck seemed to be out of her side tonight when her torchlight started to show signs of how sorry it was that it was not able to produce light any longer. Eva gave the torch a couple of hit.

 

"Come on, not now," she roared softly but eventually the light went out

 

She let out an annoyance sigh as she threw the torch to one side and tried her best to depend on her five senses. Feeling uneasy, she adjusted her coat, pulling it closer to her body and crept very meticulously with a haze of fear surrounding her. She monitored and studied the walls including the frames being hung on the wall. Up till now, she was still curious about all the faceless paintings.

 

"Tsk...tsk..,"

 

Her eyes widened as huge as saucers when she heard that sobbing sound. Everything was still at first but the moment she wanted to lift up her foot, she felt someone's fingers running through her long midnight hair, it gently. The urge to run was overwhelming but the effect was too terrifying for her to do so that she stood still as tears began to form in her eyelids.

 

"Tsk...tsk....TSK....TSK...," the sob was so loud that she felt it was near her eardrums

 

She then felt another person's body was inches close to hers as nervous, cold sweat were developing on her forehead

 

"TSK...TSKKK....TSKK...GR..AARRGGGHH," the sobbed was accompanied by the sounding of an angry breath

 

A sudden harsh grip could be felt on Sya's left shoulder that she screamed out loud and forced her legs to run. She kept looking back a few times and vaguely saw a female figure kept appearing and disappearing. Everytime she turned around, it was like as if the female figure was coming closer.

giphy.gif

Too overloomed with fear, Eva had no idea where she was heading to when she came to a dead end.  Fighting back tears of fear, she stared motionless at the approaching figure that was only a few centimetres away from her. Her heart beat increases knowing the fact that she had nowhere to run away from this trap.

 

"TSK...TSK....," the figure sobbed, facing downwards as it stopped the moment the both of them were only inches close

 

Somewhere deep down her heart, she could predict it was not the end yet. The female figure lifted up her chin, showing her horrific complexion that Sya's heart almost stop beating as she went pale. Blood continuously oozing out from those souless looking eyes with a torn flesh at the right side of her cheek, holding in her hand a ragged doll.

 

"Kill him...please," it cried as Eva kept staring in fright without a blink

"KILL HIM!!!!" it roared, gripping Eva by the shoulder and pushed her backwards

 

With0ut her knowing, the wall that she was leaning against was a secret passageway which will lead her to some other parts of the mansion. Due to the hard force from the push, Eva lost her balance when the wall slightly tilt itself open and gets back to it's original position.

 

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Sya cried her lungs out upon experiencing a falling effect and eventually she landed on the hard ground

 

It took her quite some time to compose herself back as she was encountering a major back ache upon landing on the hard cracks of the cement flooring. In addition, a few second then she realised a piece of broken wood was being pierced through her left arm.

 

"Ugh !" she lamented when she tried to get up by getting support from the nearest wall she could go to

 

She sat on an old looking stool and spare a few moments to endure and get use to the pain before pulling it out. She scanned the entire, unpleasant looking room with the pungent smell of dried blood being splattered all over the walls capturing her nostrils. She tried controlling herself from vomitting and once ready, she removed her black leather jacket and used that as something to let out her pain while she removed the wood piece from her arm.

 

"Phew," she took a deep breath and bite her own jacket, preparing herself for the excruciating sensation as she pulled out the wooden piece

"Ahhh~~~hhsssss," she cried in pain as softly as possible and let out the rest of the painful feeling through non-stop flowing tears

 

The stinging feeling from the friction going on between the sharp edges of the wooden piece and her flesh was too unbearable that she would rather kill herself than going through this terrifying process of trying to nurse herself. It felt like years that she had been enduring the pain, but finally, all that torture was over after 15 minutes when she successfully managed to seperate the wooden piece from her thigh.

Her forehead was drenched with sweat as she leaned her back against an old cabinet, heaving a sigh of relief. She threw that wooden piece to one side and started cleaning the continuously flowing blood. She removed her bandana from her head and used it as a bandage to avoid her from losing more blood. As she had finished tying her bandana on her wound,  she heard a soft knock. She let it pass to avoid negativity to evolve around her again.

 

*knock, knock*

 

Curiousity took over as she stood up and limped to where the sound was coming from. She limped towards the black velvet curtain and slide it open. Being displayed right before her was some sort of like a metal door with most of the metal parts already turning rusty brown. She placed her hand on the cold door knob and gently pushed it open.

The strong odour coming from a few deadly corpses caught up her nostrils, she have to cover her nose with her hands. Humans' intestines were scattering everywhere around the grusome looking floor complete with detached arms and legs which were such an unpleasant scene for her to witness.  

 

"Holy hell...," she said with full of disgust as she witnessed fresh blood dripping from those corpses' foot

 

Suddenly, she heard that knocking sound again. She pushed and limped her way through those dead bodies praying that they will not come to life when to her outmost surprise, when she managed to pass through all of those corpses, her jaw dropped wide open in disbelief. 

 

large.png