Episode 02

Lily Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 EPISODE 02 

“There’s no way Irene is just bored”

 

“I can’t believe that she forced you to have a drink with her without your consent.” Joy comments after Seulgi told her everything about her reciprocation drink with the former idol, Irene.

 

Seulgi sighs heavily and just replies with a dismissive shrug, pouting.

 

“Don’t you think that she was just bored after retiring?” Joy pours the wine into the goblets, “I heard it’s impossible to see her out of her house.” She hands over two of them to Seulgi.

 

Seulgi carefully takes the goblets of wine from Joy, “Naw, I don’t think that’s the case.” She goes and places them on the table of their regulars known as Mr. Heo and Mr. Baek.

 

“Anyway, I still can’t believe you agreed to have a drink with someone you just met.” Joy says as she pours the wine into her own goblet.

 

“It’s not my first time seeing her.” Seulgi goes back to the bar, standing in front of Joy, “I’ve seen her a lot on TV and... Oh! Our first meeting was on the day Seungri sunbae went on a date!”

 

Joy raises her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“But, hm... it was more of an accident than a meeting.” Seulgi giggles,“I also can’t believe that I got the chance to meet a famous idol like Irene. Honestly...”

 

“Irene?” Mr. Baek interjects, “Hey, have you heard of Irene?” He asks Mr. Heo, who’s about to take a sip of his drink.

 

Mr. Heo shakes his head and takes a sip right away.

 

“You’re a so called producer of a major broadcasting company. How could you not–”

 

“Hyung, stop it!” Mr. Heo refuses to talk about his real job.

 

“She didn’t officially retire. She just stopped being an idol through her SNS.” Seulgi interjects when she suddenly feels uncomfortable with the sensitive topic.

 

“Did something happen?” Joy asks curiously.

 

“I can smell it already!” Mr. Baek leans against the backrest, “There was something fishy going on!”

 

Seulgi turns to Mr. Baek while wiping the goblets, “Something fishy?”

 

“You know... like she got pregnant or her sponsor stopped supporting her.” Mr. Baek says, “I heard a lot from him.” He refers to Mr. Heo, “And I also read the rumor mills constantly.”

 

Joy pouts and lets out a sigh. Seulgi just rolls her eyes while listening to the chatter man.

 

“He’s a producer of a major broadcasting company!” Mr. Baek points to Mr. Heo again.

 

“Hyung, I told you to stop!” Mr. Heo whines.

 

“Then what? Where do you work as a producer?”

 

Mr. Heo sighs softly, “Hyung, major broadcasting companies these days are nothing. Entertainment companies are the best.” He looks at Seulgi and Joy, “They know too. Look at her face... how cold it got?”

 

Seulgi shakes her head, “It’s not because of what you said...”

 

“Then what? Do I need to start an entertainment company?” Mr. Baek continues, “How much could it be? Isn’t it petty compared to the IT capital?”

 

“It’s petty but–” Mr. Heo stops talking when Irene suddenly appears in front of the wine bar and slams the glass wall.

 

“I’M HERE!” Irene shouts from outside.

 

Everyone freeze at the unpredictable and unexpected presence of the real protagonist of their conversation.

 

Irene walks to the entrance door at the right, without turning herself from facing the bar.

 

“Hello! Can I have a goblet of cold wine?” Irene asks as she pushes the door and steps into the bar, “None of that petty stuff, but the best one you have!” She says, follows with a silly laugh.

 

“How did you get here without your sunglasses?” Seulgi asks in surprise.

 

“They said I was crazy for wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day.” Irene replies as she makes her way to the table where she always sat. As she takes a seat, she takes out an electric cigarette and starts to inhale it.

 

“Ohhh! This is a non-smoking area...” Joy points o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter