Episode 01

Lily Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 EPISODE 01 

“There’s no way this is a reciprocation”

 

Seulgi bites her bottom lip as she stares at a goblet of wine on the bar counter before her.

 

“What are you staring at?” Joy asks while wiping wine glasses in front of Seulgi.

 

Seulgi shakes her head and takes the wine with a determined face. She carefully turns to the left and when she sees Irene is sitting not far from there, she freezes even though she’s aware of her existence.

 

Joy turns her head following the direction of Seulgi’s eyes, “I don’t know if I should feel happy that people like her come to my place.” She says in a murmur.

 

Seulgi turns to Joy, “Then... can you give this to her?”

 

Joy points to herself, “Me? Why–”

 

“Sooyoung! Come here a minute!” Mrs. Park calls from upstairs.

 

“Yes, mom!” Joy answers and gives a smile to Seulgi, “I’m sorry, friend.”

 

Seulgi sighs in despair as she watches Joy leave.

 

“Excuse me! Does it always take a long time to prepare a goblet of wine?” Irene asks loudly.

 

“Eh? No, no! Your wine is ready!” Seulgi nervously takes the wine to Irene and politely places it on the table in front of her, “Here you go, Ms. Irene.”

 

“Just call me... Baechu... Seulgi?” Irene smiles while poking a fork lightly on her bottom lip.

 

“Eh? Bae... cabbage?!” Seulgi chuckles awkwardly,  trying hard to avoid Irene’s eyes, “How can I do that...”

 

“You can, Seulgi!” Irene winks.

 

“We aren’t that close...” Seulgi catches a glimpse of the wink and starts coughing in shock.

 

“Oh?” Irene stands up and holds Seulgi’s shoulder, “Are you okay?”

 

Seulgi doesn’t stop coughing.

 

“Here, here.” Irene takes her wine and gives it to Seulgi, “Drink this!”

 

Seulgi unhesitatingly takes the wine and gulps it down at once. After that, she collapses on a chair oppos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter