Prologue

Lily Town
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 PROLOGUE 

“There’s no way this is how it starts”

 

On a rainy morning, Irene is sitting and cuddling with a pillow alone in the living room. Despite the cold environment, she wears a striped singlet with a shorts. Just then, her housemate or better known as a famous idol, Yeri comes out of her bedroom, holding a pair of high heels.

 

“Where do you want to go?” Irene asks when Yeri is quietly closing the door of the bedroom.

 

“Crap...” Yeri mutters and then turns to her housemate with an awkward smile, “I have an... hmm... afternoon practice at the company.”

 

Irene raises an eyebrow as she examines the idol from head to toe, “I don’t think so..." She raises both her eyebrows even higher, “Let’s be honest, Ye(ac)tress.”

 

Yeri glances at her phone in her hand and her eyes open wide instantly, along with . For no reason, her whole body becomes incoherent.

 

“What’s wrong?” Irene sits upright as she puts aside the pillow, “What does the text say?” She slowly stands up without taking her eyes off Yeri, “Don’t tell me...”

 

“I have to go now! See you later, Baechu!” Yeri sprints out of the house and disappears in the blink of an eye.

 

“Hey, Kim Yeri! Your breakfast...”

 

 

Seulgi hurriedly opens the door of her workplace, a wine bar. As soon as she sets foot on the floor of the bar, she bows respectfully to Seungri, a regular at the bar and also an idol in her former company. Seungri looks like he’s waiting for her, who arrives late due to oversleeping.

 

“Good morning... Seungri sunbae?” Seulgi greets as she bows.

 

Seungri sighs softly, “Good morning to you too, Seulgi.”

 

“I’m sorry for coming late. Were you waiting–”

 

“Did you see Yeri on your way here?” Seungri cuts.

 

Seulgi slowly looks up at Seungri, “Why are you looking for her?”

 

“Huh?” Seungri looks hesitate and then he laughs awkwardly, “It’s nothing. I just, um...”

 

 

Irene rushes to her bedroom and grabs enough money for cab fare with a sunglasses and white tennis apparel to cover her identity because she doesn’t want people to know that she’s the idol who retired a month ago. After that, she rummages her closet to find her favorite umbrella.

 

"Our baby... Baechu, where are you?" Irene foolishly calls for a non-living thing.

 

Even after she empties the closet, she finds nothing that resembles an umbrella. In the end, she gives up and leaves the house in despair after she packs breakfast for Yeri.

 

 

“What is it, sunbae?” Seulgi smirks, “Date...?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter