(2)

Smile
===

Unknown number: Hi.

I was so nervous that I accidentally sent it. It was only a Hi. I meant to write something more. I meant
 to say, Hi, this is Taeyeon. But my shaky hands just need to breakdown and foolishly sent the message. Sigh. What was I even thinking? Trying to message her? Was she even serious about going out with me? My phone vibrated after a minute. No way, she replied.

Tiffany: Hi, who's this?
Unknown number: Hi, it's Taeyeon.

I don't even know what to say so I just sent that. Just that. 

Tiffany: Kim Taeyeon? From the glee club? 

I find it funny that she added the glee club part. I guess there's a lot of Kim Taeyeons trying to get her. Is my name that common? And why do I feel like I'm being played?

Taeyeon<3: Yes, I'm that Kim Taeyeon.
Tiffany: What took you so long?
Taeyeon<3: What do you mean?
Tiffany: I've been waiting for your message or call for the past week. :(

Is she always like this? But I find it very cute.

Taeyeon<3: I'm sorry. I was busy practicing for next month's performance. 

It was sort of kind of lie. Yes, I was busy with practices but not that busy. I was being a coward. I mean, I don't even know what to say. Or if she was being serious.

Tiffany: Oh, it's alright. :)

I just stared at her message. The more I stare at that smiley, the more I can see her. That smile she gave me a week ago. That cute smile. And not to mention that cute dimple. It was only then that I knew she had a dimple when she smiles. It was also only then that I was able to see her up close.

Tiffany: I'm glad you finally messaged me. :)

There's another message from her. And I don't know how to reply to this. It's hard when your friends aren't here to help you. I looked at the clock and decided to just ignore the time difference and send a message to one of them.

Kim Taengoo: Help me. Please reply. Like right now? 

I sent it without thinking and soon guilt started to get me.

Kim Taengoo: I'm sorry for disturbing you. It's just that... Remember...

I wasn't finish typing when a reply came.

Sunny: What's the fuss about? This better be important and worth waking up to.

I grinned as I imagined her glaring at me. Ah, I miss my friends. 

Kim Taengoo: I'm sorry for disturbing you. It's just that... Remember that girl I've been talking about?

I continued what I'm typing. I hope this one's worth waking her up.

Sunny: Oh my god!!! You're dating her??? You finally asked her out??? You??? Kim Shorty Taengoo??? Oh my god!!! 
Kim Taengoo: Hey, you're shorter. >:( Anyway, no. We're not dating. And no, I didn't ask her out.
Sunny: Oh. I wasted my energy for nothing.

I laughed at how disappointed she was. I took a screenshot of our messages and sent it to her. 

Kim Taengoo: I don't know how to reply to that.
Sunny: Are you sure this is her? And not just you messaging yourself?
Kim Taengoo: What? I'm not that pathetic, you know.
Sunny: Yeah, right.

I furrowed my brows as I stared at the two words she sent me. What does that mean? Why is she mad?

Sunny: Are you really sure these were from her?
Kim Taengoo: Yes, why? Why do you keep on asking me?
Sunny: What does she want, anyway?
Kim Taengoo: She asked me to go out with her last week.
Sunny: SHE DID??
Kim Taengoo: Yes, she did.
Sunny: You’re kidding me, right? Because this is SO not worth waking up to. I have an exam later, you know.

I sent her a laughing emoji to annoy her. 

Sunny: I don’t have time for this nonsense, Taeng. Good night. I’m going to sleep now. Bye.
Kim Taengoo: Wait! I wasn’t kidding! Hey! Help me out!
Sunny: Good night.

I waited for any reply after that but nothing came. I can’t believe she really left me like that. That Lee Sunkyu… Sigh.

Tiffany: Taeyeon?

Oh god, there’s an unread message from her half an hour ago!

Taeyeon<3: Hi, I’m sorry. I got held up.

I think I’m getting rusty at these things. I don’t even know how to respond to her messages. When I reread our messages, it seemed like I’m being too unfriendly. Too cold.

Tiffany: It’s okay. :) Are you in class right now?

I looked around my messy room. I actually skipped first period. I’m feeling lazy but I need to prepare for my second class.

Taeyeon<3: I’m supposed to be.
Tiffany: You skipped classes?
Taeyeon<3: I only have three classes today. I skipped the first one.
Tiffany: Oh. I never knew you’re one to skip classes.
Taeyeon<3: Technically, we don’t really know anything about each other.

My eyes widen at my stupidity. That was so rude of me. Sigh. There goes your chance to get to know her, Kim Taeyeon.

Tiffany: Hmm… That’s true. How about I pick you up after class so I can get to know you more? :) 
Taeyeon<3: But I have to practice after class.
Tiffany: Then how about after that? I can wait until then. :) 

The smiley is starting to scare me. Why is she so determined? Why did I message her in the first place, anyway?

Taeyeon<3: Sure. Let’s meet by 5?

I wasn’t supposed to send that! 

Tiffany: Okay, see you later. :)

=== 

I got off from practice earlier so I just sat at the nearby bench a distance from the university’s gate. I still have a few minutes to gather all the strength that I need to face her. Why do I feel like this? It’s not like this is my first date with anyone. I’ve been on a few dates before. But that was… Like years ago. How am I supposed to do this again? Before I could think of ways to make a good impression, the loud sound of a car’s engine made me look up. I swallowed when I saw her waving at me from that blue convertible sports car. I shakily stood up and tried to ignore the curious stares from the people around.

“Hi.” I really tried my best not to squeal at how she’s smiling right now. “Have you been waiting? Or were you just too early?” 

The question made me glance at my watch and for a second, I forgot that our practice was finished earlier. “We finished earlier than expected.” 

“Come in.” She waved me in and that’s when I realized I was just standing behind the door. 

I looked around one last time before getting in. I’m so glad I didn’t fumble with the seatbelt. That would be very embarrassing. “Where are we going, by the way?” I asked as soon as we drove away. She looked even cooler when driving. Her left hand was on the steering wheel while the other one was rested on the gearshift, her fingers lightly tapping on it. 

“Somewhere where we can be alone.” If it wasn’t for that pretty smile, I would’ve thought she’s going to take me somewhere unimaginable. “You don’t have to worry. I’m not a serial killer or something.” The light touch on my arm left a tingling feeling when she pulled away. Just when I was about to say something, the car stopped. I don’t even know where we were. “We’re here.” 

I quietly followed her inside. It looks nice in here. It’s a small café. It actually reminds me of one of those nice cafes at home. It’s surrounded with a lot of plants. Pretty flowers everywhere. It’s like a garden suddenly appeared in the middle of the city. 

“Have a seat.” She pointed at the seat across from her and I thanked her before sitting down. “So…” She propped her chin on her palm and smiled at me, just like the other time. “Hi.”

“Hi…” 

“How was your day?” 

“It was fine. Nothing new, though.” I don’t know how I am able to stare at those beautiful eyes without stuttering.

“Hmm… Same here. The only interesting thing that happened to me today is this.” She kept on tapping on the table and it’s quite distracting.

“I don’t think I understood what you meant.”

“Meeting you was the only interesting thing that happened today.” I looked down to hide my reddening face. It’s very embarrassing how my face turns red instantly. I wish I can control it. “Tell me something about yourself.” I almost stopped breathing when she placed her hand on mine lightly. I mean, who wouldn’t, right? It’s Tiffany Hwang after all.

===