(3)

Smile
=== 

I can’t believe I’m here. Sitting beside her. In that all too familiar corner table. With her friends. And that guy is nowhere to be found. I wonder what happened to him. But I don’t really care that much about him. The hand on my lap startled me and I instantly looked at her. She kept on talking with her friends and scooted closer, our arms touching. Without sparing a glance, she reached out and held my hand. I don’t know what to feel while staring at our entwined hands. We’ve been seeing each other for the past month and I still can’t get used to it when I’m holding her hand.

“Babe.” Huh? Babe? “Yes, I’m talking to you.” She grinned at me and I couldn’t help but blush. I must have been zoning out since there’s only the two of us left. I didn’t even hear her friends leaving.

“Where are they?”

“I asked them to leave.”

“What? Why would you do that?” I regretfully pulled my hand out and moved a little to create some distance between us.

“I wanna be alone with you.” Her smile was so pretty and I didn’t miss how she glanced at my lips as she moved closer. “Come with me.” I looked at her in confusion as she stood up and grabbed my hand. She dragged me out of the cafeteria and I tried to catch up as we walked briskly into the university’s garden. We stopped in front of a small building and I tugged at her arm when she tried to open the lock. “Hm?”

“What are you doing? Are we even allowed in here?” I looked around for possible school personnel that might appear out of nowhere. She didn’t answer me and the door creaked open. I was then again dragged upstairs until we reached the rooftop. To say that it’s beautiful up here is an understatement.

“You like it?” I tore my eyes away from the roses at the sides. “You do.” She smiled proudly. 

“It’s…” I stood there frozen when she grabbed my face and pulled me in for a short, sweet kiss. “It’s beautiful here…” I tried to finish what was I saying but my voice cracked a little which made her giggle.

“I’m glad you like it here.” She linked her arms with mine and went to a nearby bench. “Babe.” She waited until I got seated.

“H-huh?” I leaned back a little when she moved closer. It was too close for comfort.

“I like you.” She said it quietly before tilting her head to kiss me again. It was just another press on the lips but it was enough to make my heart flutter. “Can I be your girlfriend now?” She pulled back and looked at me expectantly. It was obvious that she’s nervous. She’s biting her lip. She always bites her lip when she’s nervous. Just like when she asked me if she could kiss me on our fifth date. I unknowingly smiled at the memory. “Is that a yes?”

“What?” I blinked and glanced at the hand on my lap.

“You smiled just now. Is that a yes? Can I be your girlfriend now?” Who knew she’d be the one asking this question? It’s like she’s begging for me to say yes. And who knew I’m kind of hard to get? After hearing all these rumors, I can’t help but be more careful. I don’t want to get played. I don’t want that to happen again. So I observed intently at those cute brown eyes, looking for something to convince me to say yes. “I’m not playing with you.” She said as if she could read my mind. “I really like you, Taeyeon.”

The way she said it finally convinced me. “Sure.” Arms engulfed me into a warm hug, squeezing the heck out of me. I chuckled at how adorable she was and put my arms around her. We stayed in each other’s arms for quite a long time until I decided to pull back. Her hair was quite disheveled so I tucked the stray strands behind her ear. She blushed. That made me smile.

“Taeyeon?”

“Hm?”

“Can I kiss you again?” 

“You kissed me like a moment ago.”

“I mean… a proper one… you know… like…” The both of us were surprised by what I did. I suddenly leaned in, captured her bottom lip, nibbled lightly, and then did the same with the other one before pulling back. “Well… like that…” She tried to hide her pink cheeks as she playfully hit my shoulder. “Sneaky.” She crinkled her nose in feigned disapproval.

“Not as sneaky as someone, though.” I tapped her nose lightly to .

“I’m not sneaky.” She pecked my lips and I smiled wider.

===