(1)

Smile
===

She’s there again. Sitting at the corner with her friends. And that boyfriend of hers. I heard they’re not together but he’s been tagging along for quite a long time. Anyway, who cares about that guy? All I care is how pretty she is. When she smiles like that. When she laughs oh so adorably. When she looks at me with those cute round eyes. Wait, she’s looking at me? Oh god, how embarrassing. She must think I’m one of those weird fans of hers. Which, I’m kind of but not that extreme. Sigh. If only she’ll notice me. 

“Hi.” My heart beats faster when I heard that familiar voice. No way, it can’t be. I swallowed and lifted my head. She’s even prettier up close. That milky white skin. That beautiful eyes. That luscious pink lips. And that smile. That smile that sends good shiver down my body.

“Huh?” I quickly snapped out of my thoughts when she looked at me expectantly. Just to be sure, I looked around and nobody’s there but me. 

“Yes, I’m talking to you.” She chuckled when I returned my gaze to her. 

“Oh.”

She smiled again. “I’ve been seeing you quite a lot these days.” She chuckled again when my eyes widen. Oh god, are you for real? You actually noticed me? I’m just a nobody. 

I’ve actually been staring from afar for years now. I wanted to say that but of course I can’t. I mean. I’m not that crazy. “I’m…”

“I’m Tiffany, by the way.” She propped her chin on her hand as she smiled again. “What’s your name?”

“I’m…” The fingers tapping on the table caught my attention and I stared at it for a second before looking back at her. “I’m Taeyeon.”

“Taeyeon?” It was a bit accented but I find it very endearing.

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“Are you that Kim Taeyeon from glee club?” 

“Huh?”

“I’ve been hearing things about her, you. They said you’re very good at singing.”

What? Since when did people talk about me? How come I didn’t know this? “I’m… I’m that Kim Taeyeon, I guess…” I smiled shyly but it was short-lived when that guy came to us and said they’re about to leave.

“Well, it was nice meeting you, Taeyeon.” She smiled one last time before shaking my hand then she’s gone. Her hand was so soft. I can’t believe I just held her hand. And. What’s this? I smoothen the crumpled piece of paper. 

“No way…” I mumbled as I stared at the scribbles on the paper I’m holding.

Hi, care to go out with me? Call or message me, I’ll be waiting.

There’s even a heart drawn at the end of her number. My head turned towards the exit where they left off. I haven’t smiled like this for a long time. I can’t believe my luck. I can’t believe she finally noticed me. And I definitely can’t believe she asked me out. 

===