Taeyeon

Encounters with SNSD

Chapter 2 - March

Taeyeon - when she held the elevator door open for you, and you sent her tea as thanks

 

Whispers.

 

They were everywhere. They followed Jason wherever he went. Not a day in the past month has gone by without his name making its rounds in the gossip mill of the Legal Sector in SM Entertainment.

 

Young. Polite. Friendly. Capable. Efficient. Well dressed... etc etc etc...

 

Sometimes he sat at his desk typing nonsense words on a black document and let his mind wonder if there really was nothing better to talk about than the fresh faced newcomer who started a month ago.

 

Two women, around 3 years older than him, walked past his desk speaking in the loudest volume that just barely qualified as a whisper.

“I hear he managed to convince the representative from XZ Industries to favour us in the latest contract.”

“Really?! They're so hard to work with. I would've expected such a nice guy like Jason to cave almost immediately!”

“I know! It was unbelievable what he came out of the meeting with!”

Apparently not.

Ever since he stepped out of the elevators with a bow and a ‘hello’, they spoke about everything from how young he was to commenting on the suit he was wearing - luckily they were all positive.

Jason sighed somewhat exasperatedly.

He pressed a few keys and the page of nonsense was closed, to be replaced with a blank desktop.

Jason stood and stretched towards the ceiling to relieve the muscles cramped from hours working away at the desk. He grabbed the charcoal grey blazer that was draped on the back of his office chair and threw it over the simple white button up and black skinny tie combination he wore.

“Would anyone like a coffee? I'm going to the cafe across the road.” He asked his colleagues hunched in cubicles that matched his own. A chorus of ‘yes’s accompanied by grateful smiles answered him.


Soon he was down the elevator, out the door and in the cafe across the road - a piece of paper sat crumpled in his pocket, filled with orders that his workmates had asked for.

He sat patiently at a table by the window for the large order. An involuntary snort escaped him as he imagined what the next gossip feed would be.

“He went on a huge coffee run yesterday. And it turns out he paid for it all! He bought coffee for everyone, and wouldn't let anyone pay him back!”

“That's so sweet! I wish my office was near his instead of being beside old Woobin.”

But really, buying 8 coffees barely registered as a loss to his bank account.

“Jason?”

At the sound of his name he stood and made his way to the counter. Where a young woman, probably a university student, handed him two cardboard trays of four coffees.

He bowed slightly out of pure habit and smiled at her, “Thank you.”

She returned a happy grin before turning to the next customer.

With coffees in hand he made his back to the SM Building. Only just then realising that he had no hands free to operate the elevators or anything really.

As soon as he entered the building, he caught sight of a short girl with light brown hair stepping into the elevator.

“Wait! Hold the elevator please!”

The girl turned around, surprised that someone had called out. Nonetheless, she kept the doors open long enough for him to slip in. He bowed to her.

“Thank you,” he chuckled, “I realised too late that I had no free hands to press the elevator buttons.”

She smiled at him and said, “No problem. What floor did you need?”

“7th, please.”

She pushed the button for my floor and a blue light circle it. Then she stepped back tucked a stray piece of hair behind her left ear. She was definitely very pretty. Delicate features, slim figure and a cute smile all formed one beautiful woman.

.......

A beautiful woman who had asked me a question that had gone in one ear and out the other.

“Sorry. Could you repeat the question? My mind is a bit a scattered today.” I grinned sheepishly. If my right hand were free, I could almost guarantee it would be rubbing the back of my head right now.

Luckily, she just chuckled and repeated herself, “I said, that's a lot of coffee for one guy.”

“Oh! No, these are for my workmates. To be honest, I don't even like coffee. I always order a soy hot chocolate."

 

“Ah! I'm not much of a coffee fan either, I'd rather drink apple juice any day.”

A ding! sounded in the elevator as it came to a stop on her floor - Level 4, Recording Studios.

“Well, it was nice meeting you, coffee guy.”

“Same to you. Also, my name is Jason. And thanks for your help Miss…?”

Her brow furrowed for a moment before it smoothed over and she gave him a small smile, “Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.”

Then she was out of the elevator.


Three floors up, and I was handing out coffee to my colleagues before sitting at my desk to find out what Kim Taeyeon was doing in SM Entertainment.

 

Searching through the databases only took a few minutes as he narrowed the search to find mentions of her name in the Recording Studios booking registers.

Kim Taeyeon - Recording Studio B, 1:30-3:30.

Well, she's either a singer or a manager for one. Whichever one, she'll be in Studio B for the next 2 hours.

Jason grabbed his phone and made a quick call to a friend.Job done and hot chocolate to drink, he got back to the contracts he was drafting.

 

Meanwhile

A knock on the door disrupted the recording session in Studio B. The sound technician frowned at the lanky, young man on the other side of the door.

“D-delivery for M-miss K-kim Taeyeon,” the hand holding a bottle of his was trembling slightly.

The grumpy man merely took the offered drink with a terse nod, and then shut the door harshly. The delivery boy flinched at the sound and scurried away from the intimidating man.

“What was it, sunbaenim?”

Taeyeon came out of the booth to investigate the loud slam of the door.

“Delivery. Yours.” He tossed the bottle towards her and went back to adjusting the slides and dials on the soundboard, muttering darkly the whole time.

Taeyeon caught the flying object in her hands and was surprised to see a bottle of chilled apple juice. A note was stuck on to it.

“Thank you for your help. Enjoy your day! - Jason (Coffee guy)”

The smile on her face shone so brightly, not even the sound technician's grousing could dim it.

 

 


Chapter 2 done! Sadly 'you' are slightly oblivious and had only been focusing on work.  You're not that familiar with our SNSD girls. :)  I just added a grumpy sound technician for fun, he's not based on anyone real.