End

Encounters with SNSD

Hundreds. There must have been hundreds of eyes staring at her in that moment. Today was the press conference to answer the dating rumours and Tiffany could do nothing, but swallow nervously as reporters and fans alike waited for her to speak.

She gripped the microphone so tightly, any weaker material would have snapped by now. For once, Tiffany couldn't speak, couldn't smile, couldn't perform for the crowd before her. None of the speech prepared for her was in her brain, it had all flown out the window the moment she looked at every expectant gaze before her.

She couldn't do this. She shouldn't have even been here...Her place was somewhere else .

She bowed to the others seated at her table,”I'm sorry manager-oppa, Nichkhun-oppa and the other staff, but I can't do this.”

A knowing smile played on her manager's lips. Nichkhun and his manager looked confused at the turn of event. With apologetic eyes, Tiffany addressed the crowd. Again she bowed.

         “I'm not dating Nichkhun. Truthfully, he is just a good friend of mine. I already love someone else. So, please excuse me, but I have somewhere else I'm supposed to be.”

Nichkhun stood up. Tiffany looked up at him. Impeccably dressed, good looking and kind…Maybe in another life she could've gone with the lie… Maybe it wouldn't have been a lie, who knows?

He gently took the microphone and nudged her towards the exit, “Go, Tiffany. I'll handle the press.”

        “Thank you!”

Tiffany and her manager rushed out of the room, down the hallway and into the car. Behind them, security guards kept the reporters from following in pursuit. They kept them there long enough for Nichkhun to ask that they give Tiffany her privacy and that the fans please continue to support her as they have always done. No, he didn't know who Tiffany was talking about and no, he wasn't resentful, but happy that his friend had someone that important in her life. Every question thrown at him was handled smoothly and diplomatically. Eventually, they turned to questions about 2PM and any comebacks they had planned.

 

The fleeing duo arrived at the airport in record time. Tiffany jumped out at the drop-out zone and rushed to the screens showing departure times. Minjae-oppa drove away to park the car.

FL139 SEL (ICN) to JP (NRT) - Departing

The world didn't stop. All those cliches from books that say the world froze around them when they had an epiphany, they were all lies. Tiffany's world stumbled. Everything and everyone still moved and carried on. But they are distant. The sounds were all muffled as the words on screen lit up.

He was gone.

Leaving Seoul to go to his new permanent life in Japan. Jason had chosen work and making his family proud over staying with her. In some ways, he was almost out of her reach. Japan wasn't physically too far. But there was no way she was leaving Seoul behind to move there and there was no way he could stay.

Frustrated, she clenched the hand around her phone. Maybe he was right, if only things had happened at a different time… There was no way she could leave it like this!

Frantically, she took out her phone and searched for the next flight to Japan. Things couldn't stay like this between them, it wasn't right!

“Tiffany-noona? What are you doing here?”

Shock filled her at the sound of an achingly familiar voice. Tiffany whirled around so quickly and so sharply that her long hair whipped about her head.

“Jason!” there he was. In nothing more than jeans, a tshirt and his favourite leather jacket. Relieved at the sight of him, she said, “I ran out of my press conference. Why aren't you on your plane?”

       “Because of you,” he said in frustration, “Because suddenly, every song on my radio was a love song and they were all about you! Every note, every word, every melody was crafted in an effort to describe you... And not a single one even came close to how priceless you are.”

fell open. Twice she she tried to say something, but what could you say to a rant like that?

“That's good,” she finally managed.

“No, it's not good,” he stuffed his hands in his pocket despondently, “I've been sitting out here for over an hour, completely torn between doing the right thing expected of me or doing the right thing that I want. I've spent all my time working and studying for this kind of promotion, to make my family proud and I couldn't even make it to my plane.”

He scuffed the ground with his sneakers listlessly. Tiffany stepped forward till they were toe-to-toe and she looked up into his eyes.

“Well…I threw away weeks of careful planning  and meetings,” she giggled, “I kind of just blurted out that I already loved someone else and ran away.”

A smile broke through his stressed facade. Suddenly, amusement and incredulity filled them both. So caught up were they in pleasing other people and jumping hoops they thought they needed to jump, they never stopped to think that sometimes being selfish was okay. That life didn't always mean maintaining that ‘perfect’ image.  For the first time in years, Jason decided that his career wasn’t everything.

“You know, you have to stop doing that,” he chuckled.

“Doing what?”

They gravitated closer.  Noses brushed.  Her breath fanned across his lips.  She was so close, her lashes looked impossibly long as they fluttered over her eyes.

“Saying things that make me want to kiss you,” he breathed.

Before he could say another word, Tiffany grabbed the front of his shirt captured his lips.  She pulled his head down and kissed him, softly at first and driven by a flurry of emotion she didn’t know she could feel, it grew more intense.  Throwing all sense of propriety away, he kissed her back.  Strong arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her flush, the same way they did in that photoshoot months ago.  She melted into him, her dainty hands lifted till her fingers were lost in his messy locks, pressing his hungry lips harder on hers.  His head swam from the intensity of her kiss.  This was his favourite flavour, she was the flavour of love, comfort and home.

Jason pulled back breathlessly, and rested his forehead on hers.  Lips tingling from the abuse they had received from the beauty before him, every breath was laboured as he relished in her closeness.

    “There’s going to be pictures and stories all over the news,” he gasped.

    “Let’s deal with it tomorrow,” she smiled.

Her eyes disappeared, two happy crescents greeted him as when he opened his eyes at last, and they stole what little breath he had left in his lungs.  With a foolish grin, he kissed her again.

Right now they were just two idiots who fell in love, kissing in the same airport they met at so long ago.

 

 


Done! Sorry about the last chapter everyone, I know you were all upset by it. :'(  But this is the end. Thank you so much, this was my first ever story! ^^

You guys are all amazing <3

 

Inspired by prompt:

"You have to stop doing that?"
"Doing what?"
"Saying things that make me want to kiss you."