Epilogue

Encounters with SNSD

    "Irresponsible children!" the CEO snapped at the two of them; Tiffany and Jason sat glumly in the head office of SM Entertainment, getting scolded.  News of their airport kiss was all over the media, "Tiffany-ssi, if you were already dating someone or had someone important to you, you should have said so! Weeks of planning were thrown away. All that time and effort in trying to come up with a solution that would make life easier for you was wasted!"

Tiffany sniffled miserably as his words stung her.

    "Next time, tell us ALL the relevant information. We were trying to help you!" he barked.  Then he rounded on Jason, who had been sitting beside the tearful girl.

    "As for you — Jason-ssi — I had expected better from you. This kind of thoughtless action could not only jeopardise Tiffany-ssi's career, but yours as well!  Do you have anything to say for yourself?" He turned his angry gaze back on Tiffany, "Either of you?"

Tiffany shrunk back further in her seat and started to shake her head, but Jason grasped her hand and squeezed it gently.

    "We're very sorry, sir.  With everything that was going on, we forgot something very important," Jason gulped nervously, "We forgot that we didn't have to try to solve everything on our own.  And because we never asked for help, it escalated.  We're incredibly sorry."

Tiffany nodded her head vigorously.  Their boss merely sat back in his chair and eyed them cooly.

    "And although we are at fault, I have a request of you," beads of sweat formed on his forehead as the CEO looked at him incredulously, "Please don't make us break up.  I don't think I could go through that if you forced us to."

    "Please-sunbaenim, don't separate us!" Tiffany begged of him.  She gripped Jason's hand more tightly, as if he would be taken away again.

CEO-nim raised his eyes to the ceiling in exasperation.  "What do you two take me for? I'm not evil or unfair.  Of course, I'm not going to break you up.  For one, you're already all over the social network. What would be the point of trying to cover it up? Your kiss was incredibly public." They flushed once again.

    "All I ask is that you behave appropriately in public.  Sweet and romantic gestures are fine, but keep the PDA to minimum and avoid scandals," he looked them each in the eyes, "Remember, when you're out there you are also representing the company."

That was so much more than Jason could have hoped that he opened his mouth to thank him, but CEO-nim held up his hand.

    "The only question left is, what will you do about the promotion to Japan, Jason-ssi?"

Tiffany sat on the edge of her seat and looked at him expectantly.  Jason bowed as low as he could in his seat.  "Thank you for the offer, CEO-nim. However, I would like to stay in Seoul. My apologies for any inconvenience my decision has cost you."

Jason thought he would feel more regret.  He had basically given up moving to a country he loved and declined the promotion he had been dreaming of, but then he looked at Tiffany and he knew  his love for this girl was deeper than a love for a country and his dreams had already changed.  Tiffany caught his eye and smiled, her famous eye smile.  Jason grinned back, this was better than he had imagined.  There was no need to feel regret because Tiffany Hwang and his life in Korea was his new dream; he was already living his dream.

    "I see.  I will be sending Minjun-ssi in your place." Jason nodded.  Minjun-ssi was his sunbae in the department, experienced and reliable — truthfully, Jason had thought the promotion would have gone to Minjun instead of himself.  CEO-nim opened a drawer, took out sheets of paper and handed them to Jason.  "This is a different offer.  When Minjun leaves, there will be an opening available, will you accept the promotion to Assistant Head of the Legal Sector here in Seoul?

He couldn't believe what he was hearing, even after everything he was once again being offered a promotion.  Jason opened his mouth to answer, but no words came out.  "Jason-ssi?"

    "Yes. I-I would be honoured, thank you, CEO-nim."

As Jason and Tiffany rode the elevator up to the SNSD dorm an hour later, Jason's mind was racing and his spirits high.  Just 3 days ago everything had felt so hopeless. Now, it was like everything had finally fallen into place for them.

    "What are you thinking?" Tiffany asked.

Jason reached out and wrapped an arm around her waist; she shuffled closer till they were inches apart.  Gently, he touched his forehead to hers.  "I'm just thinking of how happy I am now.  I have you and I have the girls, I just wonder how the girls will react."

    "They'll be happy for us, of course!"

At that moment a loud ding rang through the elevator and the metal doors opened onto their floor.  They walked hand in hand into the SNSD dorm room.  When Jason knocked they heard shuffling and several clambering footsteps.  Then Yuri's voice rang out, "Yah! Stop pushing!"

Yuri's tanned, smiling appeared in the crack as she threw the door open.

    "CONGRATULATIONS!"

She pulled them in excitedly, struggling to reign in her enthusiasm.  Everyone was in the entrance hall inside.  Bottles of drinks and plates of food covered the table, a cake sat in the centre and all the members cheered at the sight of the pair.

    "Congratulations! I knew you two would be perfect together!"

    "SENPAI! CONGRATULATIONS! Look we got you food to celebrate!"

    "Finally! I feel like we've been waiting for this OTP — JasonFany — for foreverrrrrrrr!"

    "Oppa~! Does this mean you won't cook for and feed me anymore?"

    "You know I love to cook for you," chortled Jason, as Yoona clung cutely to his free arm, "Of course, I'll still cook.  Just tell me whenever you're hungry."

    "Did you hear that?!" shouted Yoona, looking around at everyone, "He says he's still going to me food!"

Jason hugged them again and again — it didn't seem like any of them wanted to let him go at all.

A beautiful, pale young woman made her way forward happily.  Her teeth were gleaming, so bright was her smile.

    "Jessica," said Jason.  He wondered how she felt.

    "I'm so happy for you two," murmured Jessica, hugging Tiffany and Jason tightly, "You have to take care of each other, otherwise I'll come after you both."

    "Thank you, Jessi," Tiffany hugged the older girl too.

    "I will never purposefully hurt Tiffany," said Jason, as though he would never even consider it.  "Not only would it make me miserable.  She has all of you girls watching her back." He laughed nervously.  "If I ever hurt her on purpose, you have express permission to punish me however you see fit."  He looked terrified at the very thought.

Everybody laughed, but other's wouldn't let that warning spoil the night.  It was almost 2 am when they all finally went to sleep.  In the end, Seohyun had to take charge and make herself heard over the noise.

    "Unnies, it's very late.  We should get to sleep or we'll all look like pandas tomorrow."

Hyoyeon read out the fans' comments of support and confusion one last time, and Tiffany pulled Jason through the litter of bottle and past the couch, into her pink bedroom.  It was dark and quiet, the noise from the living room was muffled.

Tiffany grinned at Jason.

    "I love you, you know that?  And, told you the girls would be supportive.  Even Jessi was happy for us  though we probably should have seen her threat coming," said Tiffany in English.

Jason caught her hand and tugged her towards him.  She fell forward into his chest and snuggled closer, as he held her tight.  "I love you too." He whispered, like this was a dream that could break if he spoke too loudly.  "And I meant what I said.  I can't promise to never hurt you, but I promise never to do it on purpose."  His lips brushed the crown of her head in a gentle kiss to seal his promise.

It was midday the next day by the time they emerged from the bedroom.  Empty bottles of soda and alcohol littered the floor, cardboard boxes that once held pizzas and chicken were strewn all over the table and on the couches, tucked snuggly in blankets, sleeping soundly, were Sooyoung and Yoona.  Their faces still smeared with traces of the chocolate cake they must have finished off when everyone else had left.

    "Do you want anything in particular of breakfast, princess?"  Jason walked into the kitchen.  He was wearing the same white tee and jeans from yesterday.  Both looked ruffled, much like the messy state of his hair.

   "H-how about," Tiffany yawned, as she was still half-asleep. "an omelette?"  She shuffled to the counter, rested her elbows on the table and propped her head in her hand.  No matter how hard she tried, her kept lolling forward as her eyes drooped more.  

Such a cute sight, thought Jason.  His heart beat against his chest as Tiffany fought to stay awake.  As quietly as he could, Jason went about the kitchen slicing mushrooms and cracking eggs.  Slowly, but surely, he watched Tiffany's head fall lower and lower until it lay on her folded arms.  Her shoulders rose with deep even breaths.  Jason smiled and returned to the food.

As he set down the plate of cheese and mushroom omelette beside the sleeping girl, Jason leaned forward and whispered in her ear.

    "Princess. Time to wake up."

Tiffany's eyes fluttered open.  Her bed was missing and the colour of the walls were wrong.  She lifted her head from her arms and looked around confused.  Her room was pink, she knew that. It was her favourite colour.  The pyjama shirt she was wearing was pink as if to prove her point.  Where there should have been a faint scent of strawberry, instead she could smell cheese and eggs.

    "Are you awake yet, princess?" Jason asked.  He was amused that Tiffany looked so lost in her own dorm.

Tiffany blinked.

    "I-I think so..." she said.  Barely there memories of waking up in Jason's arms and walking out into living room filtered through the fog of sleep.  "Oh. Yay! My omelette!"

He dutifully cut a piece and fed it to her.  Tiffany's eyes disappeared in an eyesmile as she happily ate her brunch.  It was far too late for breakfast after all.  In two's or three's the rest of SNSD came stumbling out of their rooms in various states of disarray.  Either woken by the noise of cooking or by the smell of food.  Cooking had never been that much fun when he lived alone, but Jason wouldn't trade mornings like for anything.  Having people to enjoy his cooking was worth the effort of cooking itself.

By late afternoon he had dashed up to his room upstairs and freshened up.  Now he was in the back seat of the SNSD van beside Tiffany.  He and the girls were on their way to the SM Buildings.  Manager-hyung weaved through the traffic expertly and pulled up into the carpark in record time.  They walked in and caught the elevator up.  Manager-hyung and the girls to the dance studios and Jason to the legal sector.  He kissed Tiffany on the cheek, paying heed to CEO-nim's warning to keep PDA to a minimum.

When he got to the Legal Sector he wished that he had stayed home instead.  Whispers followed him from the moment he stepped out of the elevator.  People craned their necks around cubicle walls or stopped midstride, staring.  Jason really wished they wouldn't, he just wanted to pack up his desk in peace.

    "G-good afternoon, Jason-ssi," stuttered Soomi.  She stood at the entrance to his cubicle, nervously wringing her hands.

    "Good afternoon, Soomi-ssi.  Is everything alright?"

Soomi bit her lip like she'd rather not say.  "J-just... Is it true that you're having a love affair with SNSD's Tiffany Hwang and now you been fired?"  She spoke quickly in the hopes of getting it over and done with as soon as possible.

   "W-wait. What?" Jason put down the papers he was packing away, and faced Soomi properly.

    "T-that's what everyone is saying and it was on the news and now you're here packing up your desk and—" Soomi rambled anxiously.  She looked uncomfortable with the whole situation. So when Jason started laughing, the poor girl was bewildered.  Workmates in nearby cubicles were also leaning in secretly to hear what had made his laugh so freely.  "Why are you laughing? This is serious, there must be some misunderstanding, because you're not that type of person. We have—"

    "Soomi-ssi! Breathe.  It's okay," he took hold of her shoulders and looked her straight in the eyes, "I promise you I'm not being fired.  Yes, I am in love with SNSD's Tiffany Hwang, but that doesn't mean I'm being kicked out."

    "Oh. Then why are you packing up your desk?"

Before he could answer, a tall elderly man stepped up behind Soomi.  He had a carefully trimmed beard and slicked back grey hair.  There was an aura of confidence in every step he took.  "Jason-ssi? Have you finished packing yet?"

    "Good afternoon, Director-nim!"  Soomi and Jason bowed together.

    "I'm nearly done, sir.  Just a few more files." Jason answered respectfully.

    "Very well. I have a meeting in a few minutes, so here is the key to your office."  He handed over a small silver key.  Then he turned to Soomi, "Would you please help him pack and move? It will make things faster."

    "Yes, of course, sir." Soomi bowed to the Head of the Department and  bustled about the cubicle.  Pulling out files and stacking them in boxes along side Jason.  The Head turned to walk out of the cubicle

He paused.

    "By the way, I look forward to working with you... Assistant Head-ssi."  He walked out, leaving Soomi to stare gobsmacked at her colleague.  People all around them wanted nothing more than to gape and stare at Jason, but the presence of their Department Head had them instead working away diligently.

As Jason walked out of the elevator two hours later to visit SNSD, he spotted their vocal trainer walking down the corridor.

    "Noona!" He called out.  SNSD's vocal trained whirled around; Jason jogged towards her quickly.

    "Jason? What're you doing here?"

    "Just visiting the girls," he smiled. "Actually, it's great that I ran into you.  I have a favour to ask you..."

His favour would be a secret for now.  Unknown to anyone but the two involved.  Nevertheless, she had agreed to grant the favour. So it was beaming Jason who walked into Studio 5B where the nation's girl group was practising for their concert in two weeks.

 


Jason never thought he would meet someone that would make him want to play music again, but that was before Tiffany Hwang.  Waking up with her in his arms in the mornings made him long to play those long forgotten notes once more.  Still, he never thought it would persuade him to do this.  The young lawyer was pacing back and forth backstage at the end of SNSD's concert, muttering to himself.  

Manager-hyung clapped his shoulders.  Jason stumbled forward, surprised that someone was even there behind him.

    "Hyung!"

    "Calm down, kid.  You're even making me nervous."

    "Sorry, hyung," muttered Jason.  For the umpteenth time he tuned the acoustic guitar slung on his shoulders.  "I'm just terrified. I'm sure I going to make a fool of myself out there, in front of thousands of people."  He had been worrying about this performance more than anything else.

    "You're not going to make a fool of yourself," said manager-hyung reassuringly.  "You've been practising so much in secret people are starting to think you're going to follow Tiffany and be an idol."

People certainly came up with the randomest rumours.  They gossiped about anyone and told strange, convoluted and often inaccurate stories about affairs or fights or rivalries.  Truthfully, Jason thought it must be exhausting to come up with so many strange theories.  He welcomed the haven his new office had become, keeping the crazy rumours as far away from him as possible.  Choosing instead to prove himself worthy of the promotion and worthy of Tiffany.

Tiffany Hwang.  Unwittingly, a grin spread across his face at the thought of his princess.  Their relationship was good.  Most night than not, Tiffany would sleep over at his apartment, she may as well have moved in.  A drawer of her things sat on her side of the bed and a space in the closet was full of her clothes.  They were happy.  Sometimes they fought over small things like what movie to watch or whether the aircon was too cold, but things were essentially perfect.

Well... Almost perfect.  What truly bothered Jason was that he had never actually asked Tiffany to be his girlfriend.  After they kissed everything was a whirlwind of motion and it all happened too fast.  By the time he had thought of it, they were already acting like a couple.  Which was why he had asked their vocal trainer for a favour.  Everyday, he trained with her in order to perform just one song.  He hoped it would be enough.

At exactly three-fifteen pm, SNSD's concert drew to a close.  They all bowed to the crowd of screaming fans who had stood in the stadium for hours to watch them perform.  It was a warm, sunny day and cool breeze blew through venue and kept the atmosphere perfect.

    "Thank you for your support! And for seeing us today," shouted Taeyeon. "The concert part is finished, but we have something else planned."

    "So don't leave because we'll be right back for a 'meet and greet' for you to ask us any questions!" Sooyoung said playfully.

All nine girls bowed once more and turned to walk off stage.  Tiffany was eager to get back to Jason, but she stopped in her tracks.  They all did.  Music played through the speakers, but someone had remotely switched off all their microphones.  They looked at each other trying to figure out what was going on— they checked their ear pieces, played with the on/of switched of their mics, nothing seemed to work.

Guitar notes joined the backing music, as Jason walked on stage strumming his instrument.  Without missing a beat, he spoke into the hands-free mic the crew had attached on him.

   "Sorry everyone. There's actually one last thing before you wrap up."  He focused solely on Tiffany.  "Is it okay if you come to centre stage with me? It won't take long."

Tiffany nodded, but looked unsure of what to do.  Someone from backstage must have brought out chairs during the confusion.  There were two wooden stools in the middle of the stage, with a semi circle of chair behind them for the rest of the girls.  Tiffany sat on one of the middle seats, turned to face Jason and watched as he propped the acoustic guitar on his knee and played.

Every time you smile for me
Takes me a while to bring myself back
'Cause you're all that
And I just had to let you know
That I'm screaming out in the crowd for you
I can't be too loud but I don't care
I let 'em all stare
I just want everyone to know
The truth, it's only you

Jaws dropped when he started singing.  Most could only understand a few English words, but none of them could call the singing bad.  Tiffany was the most stunned, on more than one occasion Jason had refused to sing, claiming that he was horrible at it.  His voice wasn't horrible, not the greatest, but it was good.  Maybe she was just biased, she giggled to herself.

I never really noticed
Took a while for me to see
Playing back the moments
Now I'm starting to believe
That you could be at the show and know every word
But it's you who makes me sing
We may not know where we are but I know who I am
Baby, I'm your biggest fan

Jason smiled as he sang, he had almost forgotten about the audience.  So engrossed was he by the sight of Tiffany in front of him; she smiled and blushed so prettily.

You showed up and you looked so classy
Made me think twice 'bout the way I was acting
You were real from the start of it all
Like a dream came to life, now I'm left in all
A stars shine but your light is the brightest
Love flies but your love is the highest
You're so sweet that it drives me crazy
A summer like no other, you're my L.A. baby

Tiffany gulped and covered with a dainty hand.  Singing wasn't his forte, but Jason could rap and that made him more appealing to her, if that was possible.  Even Sooyoung, Yuri and Hyoyeon were impressed by it— not that they understood what was being said.  Instead they judged the beat he kept while simultaneously playing the guitar.  For someone who wasn't an artist, he was doing pretty well.

I never really noticed
It took a while for me to see
Playing back the moments
Now I'm starting to believe
That you could be at the show and know every word
But it's you who makes me sing
And I know where we are and I know who I am
Baby, I'm your biggest fan, oh

The crowd cheered when the final notes faded away.  Then Tiffany lifted the guitar off his lap, carefully placed it down on the floor and crushed him in a massive hug.  When he wrapped his arms around her, the cheers got wilder.  Someone outside the stadium may as well have thought that some kind of riot had begun, so loud were the fans of SNSD as they showed their support.

Tiffany finally pulled away, but kept a hold of his hand. Jason stood up and bowed to the crowd.

    "Hello, I'm Jason!" He greeted. "I know no one really expected this. Only manager-hyung, vocal trainer-noona and the back stage crew knew what I was doing, but I hope you don't mind that I have come to join SNSD on stage temporarily."

His words were almost lost over the deafening din of the audience, but they quieted after a moment.  Jason turned to face Tiffany, and took her other hand in his so that he held them both in his gentle grasp.  Unbeknownst to them a camera had focused on them; a giant version of them was currently being cast on the giant screen behind them for the fans to see.

    "Tiffany Hwang," said Jason nervously. "I'm really really nervous right now actually."  He laughed nervously. "Which is stupid because I already know how you feel, but with everything that has been happening for the last two weeks... I don't know if you noticed..." Jason rubbed gentle circles on the back of her hands with his thumbs.  As though to calm her when in truth he needed to calming more right now. "But I never actually got to ask if you would be officially mine."

He let go of her right hand and pulled out a box from his left pocket. "So, I'm asking you now. Tiffany Hwang, would you be my girlfriend?"

Tiffany's eyes bulged.  Jason opened the box and inside sat a single piece of metal twisted elegantly into a silver heart.  A small pink gemstone glittered near the point of the heart and the whole thing sat on a simple silver chain.

    "YES!"  Tiffany tackled him in a hug tighter than ever before.  She had once stopped to think that he had never really asked, but assumed that actions spoke louder than words.  He treated her like a girlfriend, he must have seen her as his girlfriend.  Never in a million years would he have thought that he would do something so big just to ask her a question that he already knew the answer to.

The fans cheered and the couple disappeared under a dogpile of SNSD members hugging them.  Tiffany, still smiling, nudged her boyfriend and pulled him close.  Jason leaned down so he could hear her.

    "I didn't know you could play guitar." She said.

    "Like I said, it'd be boring if I had no surprises left," answered Jason.  He winked at her and she smiled back.

 

 

Yeah, now things were essentially perfect.

 

 


Hi everyone, I know I said I was done and would most likely not write an epilogue.  But this chapter is for yahootaeny because their comments gave me ideas to use for the epilogue.  I hope you all like this and I will probably not write any more chapters for this story.  I have no interest in a sequel.