Farewell Party

STIGMA

 

 

Exams get over. The past two weeks pass away quickly. Before anyone could even realise, the end of the year comes near. And so does the farewell party. Boys and girls are all happy about leaving college. Except for a few who shared a strong friendship. Everyone was going to the farewell party. Even s were willing to go but Taehyung didn't wish to be a part of it.

Taehyung had something else in mind. The Challenge between his dad and him seemed to haunt him everyday. It had been 2 weeks already and he still couldn't find a groom for his sister. These thoughts kept him occupied before Jimin interrupted and exclaimed, "DUDE! Get Ready! You're coming with us."

"Jimin I cannot come man, I have better work to do. "

"Free beer, hot babes. Come on! Who will say no?"

"I am. I really don't care. I told you I have other work. "

"The other day I saw you surfing through 123matrimony.com what are you upto man? Wanna get married so soon? " Hoseok interrupts.

The others start laughing.

"What? Taehyung is that true? " Jimin asks with a confused look on his face.

Before Taehyung could say anything the members drag him out of the train and they dump him into Jin's jeep.

-------------------------------------------

The boys arrive at the venue. Few were singing at the karaoke. Some were on the dance floor. Some were trying to be careful around teachers.

Jongin and some of his friends were drinking at the counter. Meanwhile, Jisoo musters her strength to get up and sing at the karoke. Baekhyun at the counter winks as he says "Oh wow! Marry me baby, what you waiting for?"

Jisoo gets flustered by the attention and immediately stops singing. Everyone breaks into laughter. Namjoon and others laugh too.
Taehyung was the first one to stop once he notices Y/N's glare. For an unexplainable reason he stops immediately and gets awkward. Jisoo quickly gets back to her place. Her friends comfort her. Whether its the first day or the last day, Jongin's group would bully them.

"Why did we even come to this party?"

"Let's leave early. Did we really think we were going to be comfortable?"

"Yes. It's not fun anyway."

Most of the people are already drunk by now. Taehyung sitting on one spot on the verge of getting high keeps swallowing the bitter whiskey down his throat that creates burning sensation.
Before he could even realise, his friends were long gone from his side. Jungkook and Jimin made their way to the karaoke as an acceptance to the challenge they made with Baekhyun.
Hoseok dragged Suga on the dance floor to teach him some of his newly learned dance steps. Jin was surrounded by girls, enjoying the attention to the fullest. Whereas, Namjoon went out to breathe fresh air as he got a phone call.
After the tenth shot, Taehyung realizes that a pair of eyes is staring at him. He looks up to see that it was indeed Y/N. She looks away immediately. Taehyung out of his senses, grins and walks to her table and sits beside her. Y/N gets a bit nervous and comfortable as she shifts on her seat.
"Hey Nerdhead!" Taehyung calls her.

"It's Y/N" she replies.

"Hey Y/N" he laughs.

"What?" She asks as her suspicion grows.

"I saw you staring at me~ I even know you were following me yesterday~" he sings as he grins widely.

Y/N freezes in her seat, totally perplexed about what to answer. She finds it adorable and creepy at the same time. Before she could answer, he cuts her off and calls the waiter instead.

"Bruh! Another shot of whiskey for my wounded heart," Taehyung says with an over expressive sadness on his face.

"What the hell," she says before thinking.

"Oh. You want it as well? Ok waiter.. 1 more!" He raises his hand and waves at the waiter.

"What? No Taehyung!!" Y/N looks at Taehyung with eyes wide open.

"Ok doesn't matter. I'll get 2 shots now!" He smiles at her and makes a straight face.

"Taehyung, stop. The teacher doesn't know you're drunk. You'll get kicked out if they come to know. Also, the whiskey won't do you any good. I don't understand what obsession you people have with alcohol. Its not good for heal-"

Taehyung scrunches his eyebrows as he places his index finger on his lips. "Shhhh... Oh god how much you talk. Doesn't your mouth hurt? Aish!"

Y/N feels embarrassed and quickly shots back. "I'm only talking for your own good. If you don't want to hear then it's your loss." She rolls her eyes.

Taehyung doesn't reply. Instead, he just stares at her. Deeply. Blinking a few times, he says in a low voice, "You remind me of my sister." Taehyung points a finger at her.
The waiter places the two whiskey glasses on his table.

"What the hell? Did he just sisterzone me?," Y/N thinks and for some unexplainable reason, feels offended.

"She nags me just like you do. She talks without understanding that the other person doesn't care, just like you do." He says as he holds the glistening glass full of whiskey.

"Did he just insult me?" She asks herself why is she even tolerating it in the first place.

"She's innocent just like you are. She's helpful too, just like you." He looks at Y/N. Y/N immediately looks down. Is that the first time he kinda... Complimented her? "Well I guess there are some perks of drinking too," she thinks, slightly grinning.

The next sentence was quick to get her out of her daze though. It was quick to make her grin disappear too.

"She doesn't deserve what she's going through right now." Taehyung sighs.

Puzzled, Y/N quickly asks, "What do you mean?"

Taehyung falls silent for a while, conscious enough to question whether to talk to her or not. But trusted her enough to choose the former.