Like A Reflex

STIGMA

 

The next day, Taehyung informs every detail of what happened the day before at home and Namjoon just puts on a disgusted face in return. "What the ?! This is bullsh*t man! I mean he is ing 45 years old and she is 20 years younger!" Namjoon shouts. "I know right! What a ing *sshole he is!!" Taehyung replies.

"He can't just marry her off to an ajjhussi for money, doesn't she have the right to choose?"

Taehyung clenches his fist, "I hate that man, he never was our father. I'm gonna find a better man for her and screw that ahjusshi!" Namjoon agrees and promises him to help.

"It's cool how you care about my noona as if she's your own sister! Thanks bro!," Taehyung smiles.

Namjoon shouts as though its a reflex, "ANI-n-n-never mind!" He scratches the back of his head in embarrassment.

Upon hearing that reply, Taehyung scrunches his eyebrows but leaves the topic aside anyway.

 

 

"What are you two doing in the library?," A male voice interrupts them, a gasp following.

"Jongin," Namjoon sighs. They immediately recognize his deep voice without even having to turn around.

"What are YOU doing in the library?," Taehyung cross questions, ready to start a fight anytime.

"Hey not fair! I asked first," as expected, he was never the one to give a straight answer.

"Only 20 days are left for finals. Of course we came here to stud-"

"Study girls!" Taehyung interrupted Namjoon, too embarrassed to digest the fact. "Umm.. You know,  we'll miss these girls the most. Now buzz off and let us enjoy."

"Oh this is not how you study girls, my friends. Let me be your tutor for the day," Jongin replies, dragging both of them toward a group of girls.

Jongin looks for a target, "Ah! There!" He says, pointing at a group of girls.

He approaches the group dragging along Taehyung and Namjoon with him, "There there,'Nerd Heads', I have let y'all slip for a long time now... Hey sweetie you've been studying a lot. Come tonight and I'll help you with biology practicals," Jongin winks at Y/N.

"Hey you can come along, *hreesome is awesome," he says to another girl.

The girls were scared. This guy wasn't known as a jerk for no reason.

Taehyung, on the other hand, gets angry and shocked at the same time, never had he and his group treated women with such disrespect even if they were known as the infamous goons. They might say harsh things but never take such actions. Never.

Namjoon was also annoyed by Jongin's act. He speaks up, "Jongin, all this won't make you anymore manly, so shut the fu*k up"

Jongin smirks and looks at him cunningly and continues his trash talking. "Which one do you want to "help" desperately Taehyung? Nayeon? How about the shorty?," Jongin asks.

Taehyung looks at him in disgust, "Stop it!" he says in a stern voice. Jongin, as usual, acts like he didn't hear it, "Oh? So you want Y/N?," He asks, as though dodging a huge*ss fireball coming from Taehyung's direction.

The girls try to walk away but Jongin doesn't let them. In fact, he lays his hand on Y/N's shoulder, a little too harshly, trying to stop her and her friends from escaping.

"Hey where are you going baby, we have a lot of business to do," he winks. But this time, Taehyung isn't the one to stay quiet. He blows up with anger, "Move away!" He growls in a low voice. His growl so scary, even Namjoon was a little shocked. The last time he heard him like this was when he was drunk during a sleepover and had called his dad to threaten him to stay away from his sister. Oh yes! It was a voice hidden with overprotectiveness and care.

Namjoon didn't keep quiet for too long though, "You are doing all this just because the librarian is out for a bit. Otherwise you're just a coward, Jongin," he taunts Jongin, "Stop your ing clown show!"

Taehyung warns him again, "Get back, Jongin". But Jongin doesn't obey. And this time, Taehyung was the one to not get back. He had enough.

Two things Taehyung hated the most in a behaviour was when 1. People didn't obey to what he said ; 2. When people acted over smart. Unfortunately, Jongin qualified in both. Without wasting any more time, Taehyung grabs Jongin's hands, which had positioned itself comfortably on Y/N's shoulder, and pushes it away in so much force, Y/N swore she heard a bone crack.

"What the man?! You piece of sh*t!," Jongin pulls his hand out of his grip, furious and scared at the same time.

Namjoon alarms Taehyung to leave so as to avoid the group fights but Taehyung ignores it and punches Jongin's face. Taehyung always had a problem with temper. Especially when it came to controlling it. Once he reached his limit of tolerance, he would not even spare an already dead body. That's when Namjoon comes into place. Taehyung never even listened half as much to his dad as he listened to Namjoon.

Before the scene could tense up even more, Namjoon holds back Taehyung. Taehyung grunts and shrugs it off. Taehyung holds Jongin's collar and pulls him, making way for the girls. They leave quickly, some of them already being teary eyed.

"Don't test my patience Jongin," he warns.

"You'll have to pay for this," Jongin replies as he touches a bright fresh bruise on his cheek bone.

Taehyung just lets him go and leaves along with Namjoon.

The girls rush to the corridor, praising Taehyung and Namjoon on their way. "I never expected them to stand up for us," the girls say. "And Taehyung, I can't believe he fought for us. We should thank him in a better way someday." One of the girls, Soojung, exclaims and all of them agree. For the first time, Y/N saw her friends praise Taehyung. Nobody saw this side of Taehyung, not even Y/N. She was glad and wanted to thank him personally for saving her and her friends.

The corridor lights get a bit dim and the girls decide to leave quickly. Y/N looks behind for the last time before she leaves, only to find Taehyung looking at her from behind. Just like what had happened the last to last time they met when the police had approached to enquire. One difference though. This time, Taehyung was the one to break the eye contact and look away. But one thing in common was that, just like the last time, Y/N's heart flutters. Again.

Just like a reflex.