Challenge

STIGMA

 

 

Taehyung was experiencing mixed emotions. One side of him was bothering him into thinking about what Y/N said. And the other side said, " it! Don't think at all."

"Why do people think I am the one to make my parents upset? Why don't they ever see how upset they make me?," he thought to himself as he wandered around.

Taehyung was walking along the road, silence tried to seep in but somehow, his mind was thinking too loud. Thinking about his parents made him angry and he kicked the empty can lying on the street.

(just imagine he's wearing a black hoodie, wandering around like this)

 

After about 5 minutes of walking nowhere, he finally reaches his house.

Suddenly, realization strikes him. He shuffles through his keys immediately, too afraid to ring the bell. Maybe his dad is asleep. Maybe he's not. He didn't want to see his face once the door opened anyway. "What if noona is there inside too? What if he's torturing her again?"

His restlessness hypes up to the max as he unlocks the lock. He pushes through the door..

 

To see her, lying on the floor. Maybe sleeping (?) Ok, who must he be kidding? He knows she's not asleep. And his dad, on the other hand, was sipping on the soju bottle, talking to himself.

Taehyung breathed a sigh of relief.

At least nothing huge happened. Like the last time when he saw his dad slapping his noona right across the face. What reason, you may ask? The reason behind it was because he sent her to buy beer but she refused it, literally crying for him to stop drinking. And that's what she got in return.

Taehyung was helpless. Too weak to fight back.

 

He placed himself next to her, closely observing his dad and then scouting over to his noona, hugging her from behind. "Finally!," she mumbled to herself, tucking on his sleeves. Never had he felt this guilty before. He just embraced her in return, reassuring her that he's back.

He knew she wasn't asleep. She just pretended to sleep in fear of her dad. If not, he would make her his target and lash out his anger on her again. Taehyung was just glad that his father didn't notice him as he was too busy drinking.

 

After about one whole minute of peaceful silence, they hear the phone ringing. "Who must have called this late?," Taehyung whispers to his sister. She was just silent.

 

She knew.

 

"Yoboseyo?.. Yoboseyo?," a somewhat older male's voice was being heard from the other end. Taehyung's dad had unknowingly kept the phone on loudspeaker.

"Who the hell is this? Do you even know what time it is? Bastard!," There he goes again! Angry as usual.

"Excuse me? If I remember correctly, you only wanted me to call you for your daughter, Mr. Kim," the man on the other end replied with a stern voice.

"For your daughter? What does that mean?," Taehyung thought to himself.

"Ah.. Is this Mr.Park, by any chance?," his dad asked in a drunk state.

The other man sighs in annoyance. "Anyway, lets get to the point. When am I supposed to meet your daughter? You think I'm going to marry her without even seeing her?," he asks curtly.

"Ohh no worries. You two shall meet soon. Even Taeyeon is eagerly waiting to meet you."

 

Lies.

A clear white lie.

 

Taehyung was extremely shocked. His dad had not even considered to ask him.

"Did you know about this, noona?" Taehyung whispers softly, trying to hold back his anger.

Taeyeon was still quiet. So he knew that she knew.

"Ahh jinja? Did you really agree for this sh*t?," Taehyung bombards her with more and more questions, furious to the core.

"At least he's not selling me away," Taeyeon finally speaks.

"Noona, really??" Taehyung gets up, burning with rage.

"You deserve all the happiness in this world. And what if that man turns out to be an abusive jerk like our dad?," Taehyung yells.

His voice was loud enough for his dad to hear and probably as well as the other man on the call.

"E-Excuse me? Can I call you tomorrow? My son is back home. I told you how he is, right? No wonder Taeyeon wants to get married to you soon haha," before the man could even reply, he ends the call.

"THE ?," Taehyung shouts at the top of his lungs. "You didn't even bother to ask for my opinion!"

"Your opinion doesn't matter, you wasted child. I know whom to set your sister up with," his dad shot back in anger.

"Well, what does he do? Where does he live? What is his age? He sounded like a ing old man!," Taehyung asks in concern.

"He is a huge business man. He is 45 and he lives in a VERY big house. And if Taeyeon gets married to him, our conditions will get better. He has promised that to us."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He's like 20 years older than noona! Are you really getting her married off just for money?," Taehyung had crossed his threshold of tolerance.

"Hey, you bastard. Don't try to poke your nose in every matter. And don't try to act like you care."

"No you shut up! Don't you dare act like you cared about us ever since mom passed away. You made our lives miserable. Don't proceed on making noona's life a living hell now."

Taeyeon gets up and tries to calm Taehyung,but fails.

His dad was speechless. Taehyung and his dad's relationship was very formal. Taehyung spoke and shared about his life with the homeless man that stayed down the street more than he talked to his dad.

"You think you can find a better man than Mr. Park? I've been through a lot to get this opportunity. Do you think any guy will be ready to marry your sister?," His dad challenges him.

"From now on, I will find a husband for her. You don't have to try and be nice to us. Just go back to what you were." Taehyung retorts back, accepting his challenge.