Chapter 4

It Is You, Dummy!

Mina haven't replied to any of Chaeyoung messages or calls. Its been 2 days now since Mina left Chaeyoung at their apartment. Out of the blue, Chaeyoung's phone vibrates she immediately sit up straight from lying down at the sofa and look at the screen, Mom - Calling . Its just a phone call from her mother. She rolled her eyes and answer the call

"What?" She ask coldly

"Are you on your period?" Mrs.Son ask Chaeyoung

"No I am not, what do you want mom?" 

"Meet her tonight at Han River. I see you haven't ask for her number yet! Please my dear make some effort to-" She nagged Chaeyoung

"Ah whatever" 

Chaeyoung hung up the call, and scream in frustration. This is the first time ever she's being rude to her mom. Not longer later she received a message from her mother.

Mom : You better be there tonight, or else I'll drag you there along the street by myself! 

She snort, can't believe at what she just read. She throw her phone at the couch and went to take shower.

 

> Han River <

> Chaeyoung POV <

This place reminds me of Mina because this is where I confessed my love to her. I missed her so bad. She haven't replied to any of my messages or my calls. It just breaks my heart and I feel so lonely without Mina by my side. Then there she is Miss Nami-With-No-Family-Name approach me. But she looks a bit weird today. She looks sad, just like my heart. She wave at me and smile insincerely.

"Thought you no coming" in my jumbled up words and hoarse voice.

"Hehehe the taxi driver got lost. Sorry" she said with her unusual voice. 

Her eyes looks weak and swell up, looking at those eyes of hers makes my heart break into smaller pieces. I had no idea why, but then I shook my head to make me wake up from my nonsense. I assist her to walk along the pavement of Han River to enjoy the view. After walking for a while, she spoke up to me

"Can we sit there?" she pointed her index finger to nearby chair

That chair, that is where exactly I confessed my love to Mina. Then her face starts to appear in my head, all of it flows into my head in one go, her smile, her kiss, her touch, her smell and her voice rush into my head for a seconds and suddenly faded. Then I forgot Nami is standing beside me, I look at her and nod my head.

Nami already sit on that chair inhaling the cool breeze, while I examine the chair before I sit. My eyes looking for words that Mina wrote there on the chair after I confessed to her. Then I finally found it the words that she wrote, I caress that words with my finger. She wrote MMN❤SCY I almost cry when I see those words, then I immediately sit as Nami turns her head around to face me.

"Are you ok?" she ask

"Me o-ok" I can feel my tears at the edge of my eyes so I look away from her pretending that I'm enjoying the view.

Again awkward silent. But then strange, today I feel comfortable around Nami, as if I have meet her before. Her presence next to me feels so familiar to my body and my brain, they recognize it. Her presence feels like Mina is here with me. I shook my head, am I crazy thinking that Nami is Mina? Well hell no! Mina and Nami is two different individuals. 

"I love this place so much" I look at Nami as she start to talk

"It brings a loads of memories of me and...her...." she trails off and I can see her tears fall. Seeing her cry like that, makes my heart feel her pain.

I guess she cry because she's remembering her ex-girlfriend. Then I don't why but I'm so curious to know why she cry over her ex-girlfriend.

"What happen to her?" I ask 

"We fought before I left her. I don't know why she have to hide the truth from me. If she told me truth things won't be like this" she sob

I somehow can feel her grief, hers situation with her ex-girlfriend just same like my situation with Mina, but the differences is Mina and I haven't broke up yet. Suddenly I remembered my mistakes. Nami and Dahyun was right, if I told Mina the truth I wouldn't be sitting here next to Nami, and I wouldn't feel lonely in our apartment and I wouldn't have to send my messages to Mina every seconds, minutes and hours. I look away from Nami so I can let my tears fall freely. Then I felt something on my shoulder, it feels warm. I turn around and it was Nami's head, she leans her head on my shoulder. I froze.

 

 

> Mina POV <

Without me realizing I told Sun what happen between me and Chaeyoung. That small girl really pissed me off! She should've told me the truth, not hiding it from me. And I can't believe it I shared all my hardships to Sun, a weirdo I just met a week ago. I need Chaeyoung's shoulder right now to comfort me, but where is she? She's nowhere to be found. I don't care anymore, I just need someone to comfort me at the moment because I am in pain. So I lean my head on Sun's shoulder, and I can feel that she stiffen her body maybe she's startled by my sudden move. We stay like that for a while without saying any words. 

Sun is so warm, her warmth reminds me of Chaeyoung. Then I can smelled her perfume , its Chaeyoung's favourite. Can 2 different person have a same taste? I had no idea. Sun's body still stiff, maybe she felt uncomfortable because of me, so I remove my head from her shoulder. 

"Sorry" I utter

She just smile, of course an awkward smile. After sometimes we decided to go home as the night is getting dark and cold like my heart without Chaeyoung's warmth.

 

> Chaeyoung POV <

We walk along the street towards Nami's apartment where I dropped her the other day. My heart and steps feel so heavy as I have to left her soon.  

"Here we are" Nami stop us

"Sure you no want me to accompany you up there?" 

"No its fine, I can go up there to my apartment by myself"

"Ok, night Nami"

I start to walk away but my steps feel so heavy, and my chest hurts as I walked away from Nami. 

"By the way Sun" I turned around to faced her as she calls out for my fake name.

"Thanks for today. And..... I am very sorry if I made no effort at all to make this arranged marriage work. Because...... I'm still unsure yet if I am ready to start my life with a new person, like you" 

Nami's words somehow had its impact on me, her sorrow voice make it even sadder to hear those words came out from . I just nod my head because I knew how she feels about all of these. Then I walked away. But still the heaviness in my heart just won't disappear. 

 

> Myoui's residence <

> Mina POV <

I miss Chaeyoung to be honest, I keep on looking at my phone waiting for her message or call. I did feel guilty at Chaeyoung for not replying all her messages. But I'm just too pissed off just thinking about the fact that she's hiding something from me. Someone is knocking on my door and I knew its my mom.

"Mina-ya~~ Good morning"

"Good morning, mommy"

"Come down, have breakfast with mommy and daddy"

"I'm not hungry"

I have no mood right now to eat or to entertain people. Not even my own parents. My mom get closer to me, I guess I make her worried sick about me.

"Are you ok Mina?"

No, I am not ok. I wanted to cry as I've gone through alot for the past few days, but I don't want to cry in front of my mom. But atleast I need my mom's warmth to comfort me, so I cry in front of her.

"Why Mina? Why are crying?"

"I cry because it just too hard for me to face all of these by myself! I cry because I need her! I cry because I missed her! I cry because I want to see her so bad! I cry because I never ask you and daddy to arranged my marriage with some stranger! I want her back mom! I want my happiness back! I want my small cub back!"

My mom hug me, try her very best to comfort me. I knew she might not understand what I just spilled out from my mouth. Probably she don't understand most of it except the arranged marriage. I hope she get what I mean, I just hope she will cancelled it. I hope.

 

 

»»» hellow~~ I don't know how to expressed Mina's grief, so please understand me a little bit :") I keep on change the words try my very best to make you guys cry along with Mina and Chaeng :'D and I think this one is better than before. So I hope you guys enjoy it and feel Mina and Chaeyoung's grief. :")

Do leave some comments below for me 🐧🐯