Smile at me.

Drabbles

Sometimes Hyukjae really wondered how he had become friends with Donghae? They are like complete opposites Donghae was an extrovert; he loved being around people, while Hyukjae got uncomfortable with more than three people near him. But with the brunet around him he wasn’t afraid, he was like the anchor that would hold him in place, so he couldn’t drift away into the ocean.


 

On one fateful day, at the library, where Donghae just came up to him, smiling from ear to ear and eyes glittering down at him to ask him to be his friend. Hyukjae swore he fell in love that day, so he could only reply a short: “ sure…”, shyly avoiding the other’s gaze by looking back at the book in his hands. But he didn’t expect the brunet to suddenly hug him from behind, giggling into his ear out of joy.


 

Since then Hyukjae promised himself to do whatever it takes to make Donghae smile like that every day.

 


Weeks and even months past and Hyukjae tried to keep his promise to its fullest, even by helping the younger by studying together, for their upcoming exams. But Hyukjae coudn't help looking at the brunet,,who was trying to finish that one math question he was stuck with for at least twenty minutes now.

 


He looked so cute biting his upper lip, desperately trying to decipher the math question. He always knew that Donghae was handsome, even with the glasses,he wore while studying, hell especially with the glasses.


 

Sighing to himself he put the pen down, he has been holding to finish his literature paper. “ Hae, should I help you again?” He asked gently.


 

Donghae could only groan out and nod at him putting his lips into a defeated pout.


 

You know, I'll always be there to help you, Hae.“ Hyukjae said with fondness in his voice, as a received the math sheets from the brunet.


 

Thank you, Hyukkie“, replied Donghae, emitting shy giggles while looking at the ground.


 

At that Hyukjae couldn’t believe that Donghae could actually look even cuter than he normally did, but apparently it was possible for Donghae.