It’s midnight, we’re not getting doughnuts.

Drabbles

It wasn’t unusual for Donghae and Hyukjae to watch an old Disney movie on a lazy Friday night, burying each other in a big blanket of the sofa while embracing the other into their arms. They simply loved moments like this, being with each other without a worry in the world. It was only 20 minutes into the movie, when they heard a small grumble from Donghae, out of embarrassment the younger hid himself more in the blanket which was surrounding them. Hyukjae however could only coo at him, on how adorable his boyfriend was.

 

Hae, you want me to cook something for you?” Hyukjae said while slowly lifting the blanket.

 

Donghae could only bite his lip while looking up at Hyukjae, “actually, there is something I really crave for lately,” he said with a hesitant voice.

 

Then tell me, I’ll get it for you.”

 

Now Donghae could only smile, Hyukjae was really the sweetest boyfriend, always so thoughtful of him. “ Let’s buy doughnuts,” Donghae said with glittering eyes looking at Hyukjae.

 

Startled, Hyukjae pulled back, he did not expect that answer from him because he knew that the younger normally didn’t like sweets.

 

Hae, what’s gotten into you? I thought you don’t like sweets?” Hyukjae asked.

 

I know, but I really crave them right now,” Donghae said with pleading eyes.

 

It’s midnight, we’re not getting doughnuts now, we’ll get them in the morning as breakfast okay, Hae?”

 

Hyukkie, please,” Donghae tried again but this time using his puppy eyes to convince his boyfriend.

 

We don’t even know if we’ll find an open bakery past midnight, Hae,” Hyukjae told him calmly, he hadn’t much hope to find one.

 

Don’t be pessimistic, Hyukjae. I know we’ll find one,” Donghae said with a smile.

 

Fine,” Hyukjae mumbled in defeat.

 

Love you, Hyukkie,” Donghae sing-songed and kissed Hyukjae on the cheek. And run into their bedroom to get ready.

 

 


15 minutes later they find themselves in a car on their way searching for a bakery. It didn’t take long till they saw one only a few block’s away from their apartment. It was a rather small bakery but it was enough. Both of them choose two doughnuts with sprinkling on them. Hyukjae glanced at Donghae, who was about to bite into his second doughnut already, the younger looked so happy at this moment, that Hyukjae didn’t regret going out of the apartment at all.