Into the West.

Drabbles

Special thanks to my Unnie that helped me with this. I love you <3

 

Donghae loved these sceneries of the day the most. The sun was about to set. The last warm sun rays lingering through the clouds, painting them pink and red, turning the sky into a stunning palette of colours. He took a deep breath enjoying the air filled with the smell of salt and seaweed. Seagulls flew around the endless sea, as its waves crushed against the sand, creating white foam.

Donghae turned his head when he heard someone approaching. If he wasn’t already happy just to witness such a beautiful sunset already but even more so that he got to spend it with the love of his life and husband for a year now. They decided to celebrate their one year anniversary in Hawaii, their favourite place.

Hyukjae just came back with two glasses and a wine bottle for the both of them. He filled up one glass and gave it to Donghae who received it with a thankful smile.

“Don’t I deserve a kiss for it, Hae?” Hyukjae asked with a pout before he sat down on the sand beside him. The other just burst out laughing at his childish request but he still gave in, putting the wine glass down first before sealing their lips for a short peck. However Hyukjae had no intention to let go of the other’s lips just yet, so he deepened it by bringing out his tongue and holding Donghae by the nape. The other had no other chance but to smile into the kiss and throw his arms around Hyukjae’s neck.

After a while they still had to part. Resting their foreheads against each other, breathing the same air, as their hearts beat as one.

“I Love you so much Hae, words can not describe how much you mean to me and the love I feel for you.” Hyukjae whispered, opening his eyes to look into the Donghae's eyes. His eyes glittered with unshed tears, but his smile was radiant like the sun.

“I love you too, Hyukkie. I am forever grateful that you chose me against everyone else.” Donghae replied, his voice almost breaking with emotions. Hyukjae kissed both of his eyelids, thumb caressing Donghae’s cheek.

“Come on, let’s enjoy the sunset, Hae.” Hyukjae said waiting for the other to nestle into his chest. They interlaced their hands together, gentle fingers brushing against their golden wedding bands. The sun’s light glittered against the surface of the ocean, almost blinding them. Only the crashing of the waves and their breathing was heard. Both enjoyed calmly, savouring it in each other’s arms.

“You know, I always loved the sunrises more,” Donghae informs looking back at Hyukjae. “Sunsets are sad, since they are the end of the day. Days with beautiful memories have to end in such a beautiful, yet so tragic way. Whereas sunrises are a new beginning and are the light after dark nights."  

Hyukjae had to chuckle, his husband was really the sweetest person on this whole planet. He was sure that he fell a little more in love with him just now. "Don’t worry, I will there with you then, Hae. I will be your Dalnim, that lights up your darkest nights.” He promised looking into Donghae’s eyes. Those eyes he loved so much. That hold so many emotions in them just like the ocean itself. Thank god he was a good swimmer, he thought, otherwise he was sure he would drown in them.

“You are such an idiot Hyukjae, and very cheesy right now. You know that?” Donghae asked, laughing out and hitting him on his shoulder.

“Yes, I know. But I am your idiot,” Hyukjae replied with a smirk on his face.“ Besides you love my cheesy side or should I talk about all those other things we could do on ‘dark nights’ ?”

At once Donghae stopped laughing and avoided Hyukjae gaze, his cheeks turning crimson red. Hyukjae tried hard not to coo at how adorable his husband looked right now. They did have a lot of intimate times before but it always surprised Hyukjae, how shy Donghae can be when they talk about it.

“You’re lucky, I love you husband,” Donghae said with a teasing smile. “I don’t think I can live a world without you, Hyukkie.”

“You don’t need to, Hae. I would follow you anywhere. Hyukjae replied from the bottom of his heart. He meant everything he said. He couldn’t imagine it either. Living in a world where the other was not there with him. Every day he couldn’t spend with the other seems like he wasn’t living at all. In fact he couldn’t even remember the time before he met Donghae. And now he couldn’t even bear the thought of it. But for now Hyukjae tried to push all those thoughts at the back of his mind. They are together now and nothing else matters.

"Let’s not talk about those things, that are so far away from us, husband.” Holding up their glasses for Donghae to take it.

“Cheers to us, Jagiya. It’s our anniversary." 

 

 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen we interrupt our program for breaking news. Tonight a car accident took the life of two people. We don’t know all the details yet but the man driving the car was killed instantly while the passenger and husband of the driver was severely injured. He was later on pronounced dead in the hospital. Witnesses claim that when the firemen took them out of the car the two men were still holding hands, until the end. A real tragedy! We are sorry to communicate their names: the victims were Donghae Lee and Hyukjae Lee…”