Chapter 4

Forever

I turn my face so that I could see him. That was a mistake. Now his face is only about an inch from mine. I could feel his warm breath on my nose, as his smell started to overtake my senses.

He smelled crisp and clean, but that slowly faded into a rich, deep, spicy scent. Everything about him in that moment was intoxicating. His eyes were flecked with grey and his lips were slightly shiny due to him them only seconds before. His tie hung loose around his neck and he had ed his shirt a few buttons, which gave me a good view of  his collarbone. He moved one of his hands that rested on my hip and wiped a tear from my eye.

    “I promise you, if you don’t like it here, you can leave, but you know just as well as I do, your life is going to be much harder if you do. I swear, I am not that bad Courtney.” His eyes look so honest. All I could do is let out a sniffle. He puts his hand on the back of my head and guides it to his shoulder.

    “My makeup will get on your shirt.” I say in between sniffles.

    “I don’t care about that.” He takes a deep breath and rests his cheek on my head. The act felt so intimate. We are so close right now, and four hours ago I didn’t know him.  

    “I’m usually not this easy” I say into his shoulder.

    “What do you mean.”

    “I didn’t let Max do anything like this until we had dated for a whole month.”

“Yeah, but when he did things like that to you, it was because he was coming onto you. In this moment, I’m not. You know, when I saw you on that screen the first thought that ran through my head is that you and my sister are the same age. This whole time I have been wondering how she would be feeling if she were in your position. You remind me of the one thing I love in this world.” He mumbles the last part into my hair.

“Thank you, for dropping the jerk act.”

    “ I shouldn't have started off with that conversation .” He says with a sigh.

    “Yeah, first impressions are definitely not your strong suit.” I mumble. I change positions and lift my face from his shoulder. “I need to get out of this dress” I get up from his lap. He says nothing, just watches me from the ground. I go to the box of my clothes and try to open it, but the tape stops me. “Do you have anything sharp?” He fishes around in his pocket and finds his keys.

    “Here.” He gets up and hands them to me. I dig around in the box and pull out a t-shirt and shorts, I feel no need to impress anybody here, at this point I am just happy I am awake. All the emotions of today have drained me to almost empty.

    “I need some coffee, I think I am gonna head down to the kitchen, will you come down and have something to eat when you are done changing?” I nod my head in response and Sehun walks out of the room and closes the door behind him. I go to my dress. I can’t reach it, I try adjusting and reaching for the zipper for about five minutes until I eventually give up. God, why do these things happen to me.

I  walk out of the bedroom “Sehun” I call his name while leaning over the banister of the stairs.

“Yep.” He says from the kitchen

I draw in a deep breath, “I need some help…” He walks over to the stairs and knits his eyebrows. “I can’t get out of this stupid dress.”

He smiles and walks to the top of the stairs. “That I can definitely help with.” I turn around and his warm fingers brush my back as he gently moves my hair to one side. He pulls the zipper down at an excruciatingly slow rate.

“You only have it pull it to about halfway” I say

He leans in so I can feel his hot breath on my neck, his lips nearly brushing my ear, “I don’t do anything halfway.”  I can’t help but gasp at his closeness. He pulls it all the way down, just past the small of my back. I have my hand pressed to my chest, trying to hold my strapless dress to my body. His smell and warmth envelops my body clouding my senses.

“I’ll meet you downstairs in a few minutes.” His voice cuts through the thoughts swarming in my head as I walk into his bedroom.