Chapter 2

Forever

Finishing out the ceremony was torture, all I could think was where would I be in the next hour, turns out at a jet pad listening to bickering about what to do with me. Behind a door two people, who I have yet to see are yelling, one for me, one against. The man, or the one who actually wants me says " if we don't follow the rules of this ceremony, what will the country do?"

    The woman yells back " Korea doesn't want to see it's leader's son with some low life who lived  in a shack with a single mother her whole life."

    "She is coming, I shouldn't even engage with you in this, my say is final!" The man opens the door and turns to me, " Hello Courtney , I'm the advisor to president Oh, My name is Walter, but everyone calls me Walt." I shake my head " yes" in response "and this classy lady here" he says with his voice dripping with sarcasm "is your new mother in-law, Lillian."She shoots him a vile look. "But don't worry, Sehun lives in his own house." I give him a nervous smile and he leads me to the front of the jet. He motions for me to sit. I just look at the seat for a little bit

not knowing how to work the cage-like contraption. Over the seat.

    "Um, Walt." I say eyeing the seat.

    "Oh, sorry let me get that for you." As he clicks a button on the side of the seat, Lillian scoffs."Please Lillian, like you knew what to do when you first saw the seats." She purses her lips and lifts her chin." Ignore her, she is just having a hard time adjusting to her little boy having another girl in his life." Says Walt with a comforting smile.

    " Actually, I am having a hard time adjusting to my little boy being stuck with some poor his whole life." Lillian says looking me in the eye, almost the identical look that her son had. I can't deny, that one hurt, I press my lips together and swallow the string of colorful language that wants to come out. I sit in silence during the 15 minute ride while Walt taps something onto some over complicated device on his wrist. When we get off I can't find the button on the side of the seat for what seems like ages. Eventually Walt gets it for me. Lillian rolls her eyes

 " Well I was hoping that at least you would be smart, but apparently not." She adjusts her scarf around her neck and walks off the jet without another look at me. When I step off the jet I don't expect him to be there. Lillian is whispering something in his ear his face doesn't look as unwelcoming as it did before, but he hasn't seen me yet. When he looks up he almost smiles. I don't know why, maybe the sun was in his eyes, but it gives me hope. As I walk down the stairs he walks towards me. He his lips as he comes closer. His blonde hair shines in the sun as he finally stops in front of me, towering over my five foot two self, he has to be at least six feet tall. His frame is thin, but underneath his white dress shirt and fitted black dress pants I could tell that he has plenty of muscle. I can’t stop looking at him, he looks like a god.

    "Hi." He says quietly.

    "Hi." I say back as I try to disguise the fact I was ogling him so openly.

    " I think I should take this opportunity to say that I'm sorry for not being able to meet you at the jet strip, and having my mother there, I had no idea she was coming."

    "It's okay." I say, I think about saying more , but the memory of his mother still lingers on my mind. Sehun looks at me and lets out a small laugh.

    "What?" I say, trying to prepare myself for the worst.

    "I just thought about what my mother was telling me about your little seat issue."

My cheeks start to burn and I start to stutter. "Oh I...I just hadn't seen anything like it, I didn't know..." My voice trails off.

    " Hey" Sehun says "I just thought it was cute, that's all." I meet his striking blue eyes, the icy look from before had all but melted away.

    "I think that I should show you around the house, we have a bit of a drive and we can get to know each other a little bit. "I nod my head as we walk to his car.  It looked like some expensive sports car. He walks around to the passenger side door, and opens it for me. Then walks around to the driver's seat and starts the car. Out of nervousness I shake my leg. Sehun looks over.

    "I promise I don't bite." He makes a little half smile and winks at me"unless you want me to." With this my cheeks turn scarlet and I turn my face towards the window pretending not to hear that last bit.

    As he starts the car he says"Let's play a game."

    "What kind of game?" I ask.

     "20 questions."he says matter of factly. I knit my eyebrows. "I will ask you a question and you have to answer it, but whatever question I ask you I will also have to answer it ." I nod my head. He turns out of the airstrip parking lot. "Well, let's just get some of the awkward questions out of the way." He looks at me for conformation, I nod yes again. "So, have you ever been with someone else?"

    "Been, as in ?" I say nearly whispering the last word.

    "No, as in a relationship, but yeah, I guess that too."

    "Oh, well yes I was dating someone, and no I have not done that." I look at him waiting for his response.He takes in a breath as if he is about to start, but then he pauses.

    "I hope you won't judge me by this, but I have been in relationships and yes I have had , but that is only because I never wanted, or expected to be matched." We sit in silence for a while. He looks at me after over a minute of awkward silence. It is not a rule for people to abstain from before being paired, most just do it out of respect for their future partner. All I can do is sit there, even though I know it must be killing him not to know what I'm thinking.

    "I can't judge you." That is all I can think to say. Sehun visibly sighs.

    "I'm sorry." He says it quietly as he weaves through some of the most extravagant streets I have ever seen. People and cars alike, all decked out with a certain pompous, elegant flare. Sehun pulls me from my gawking when I hear him speak again.

    "You don't have to stay with me, my dad could  work out a deal or something." With this, he completely pulls me from my reverie.

    "I can only judge the person I have in front of me. My background isn't so great either. I am an extremely impoverished girl who lived in Gimhae. How we got the only 100% in history is beyond me, and I don't know about you, but I am rather curious as to what makes us the perfect couple." I  look at him and he looks at me he glances back at the road, I could tell he had something to say.

    "I don't see why you are devaluing yourself like this. Why do think it is  okay." His voice stays calm, but it is more unnerving than it would be if he were yelling.

    "Why are you mad?" I say.

    " Because you aren't. I slept with four girls and it doesn't bother you, how is that?" He snaps.

    "The truth is, the fact that you did insults me, I made the choice to save everything for you, someone who apparently doesn't care about me. My whole life I prepared myself for this day, but you thought I wasn't worth it for you to just wait. Is that what you wanted to hear?" He got me really pissed, I haven't even  known him for a whole hour, and I'm already yelling.

    "I just wanted to hear you say it that's all." He says it in his calm  voice.

    "Did you just want to make me dislike you, because if so, you are doing a really good job."

    "All I was doing was trying to see how emotional you get and how fast, I don't really want to be with someone who is weak."

    "So you lied about it?" I say with disgust.

    "No, just knew it would probably get a rise out of you." He says it like he was stating a fact, like he already knew me. I can't help but think about how Max would never do this to me.

    "Did you love him, the guy you dated ." Sehun just says it out of the blue.

    "Why would it matter?" Sehun gives me a look of shock.

    "Because you are my match."

    "Oh, so I passed your little test." I say the last word filled with disdain.

    "Look, I'm sorry, I didn't know it would bother you so much."

    "Next time you worry about my competence, just look at my test scores." I reposition my body facing away from him for the rest of the ride.