past lives

Kwon Ji Yong & Im Yoona: MADE IN LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Past Lives

Kwon Jiyong has never fallen in love. 

Don't get him wrong, he has had girlfriends in the past. But, those relationships never lasted whether it be because they couldn't handle his fame and schedule or because he himself lost feelings.

Once, there was a time when he thought he found his one true love, but it turned into nothing but heartbreak when she decided someone was better than him. s would look at him in pity each time a relationship went to because they knew all he wanted was to find his soulmate. So, like that, he floated and drifted from one relationship to another, trying to find a home. 

Of course, no one except people close to him knew about this. Kwon Jiyong, who seemed like a playboy, was just trying to love. He had been ever since he was young because he always felt an emptiness in his heart. The gut-wrenching pain that sometimes felt too overwhelming to acknowledge couldn't be filled by anyone. Not his toys, parents, friends, or crushes when he was younger. And not his money, fame, parties, or girlfriends when he became older.  

He continued his image of being a party animal, going to clubs and finding useless hookups to fill the hole in his heart, although those never ended in anything more than a makeout session. He continued to write songs after songs depicting angsty and sad love. He figured if he was going to be a true lyricist, he should write about what he's experiencing, not about what he wanted to experience. 

And just like that, the years dragged on and it was time for T.O.P to enlist. Then, he would be following him the next year, meaning he was already well into his 30s, but still, he didn't find the love he yearned for. The people around him were "worried", or so they said. They were worried but they couldn't do anything. Not even his beloved best friends, basically brothers, could get him out of the depressive mood he was in following T.O.P's enlistment. And, everyone knew that it wasn't because of the enlistment that he was sad, it was because he felt the time was running out for him to find true love. 

The year passed by in a blur and then he was enlisting. Of course, there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it, it was law. For the next two years, he put love in the very back of his mind and strived to be a great soldier for his beloved country's military. 

Then he was back, and suddenly everything became clearer. He felt more matured than ever, and he decided that the person he's been waiting for all his life would find him when the timing is right. Because everything was about timing. The right timing could land you a gold mine, but bad timing might land you years in jail. 

It helped that the first thing s did for him when he got back was throw a huge party for him. Not the kind one would go to because they wanted to be blackout drunk and hump strangers all night. But, the kind where people drank wine, ate food and generally had a great time socializing with games and small talks. 

They invited everyone in the industry they were aquatinted with, even the ones that they haven't talked to in a long time. And, Jiyong could see the time and effort s put in for his return, he was touched and felt loved. Throughout the night he socialized with people and tried to make small talk with everyone, despite him being an introvert. He wasn't really into jumping from conversation to conversation with different people. 

Finally, when he felt he had enough, he went to the balcony of the venue for a smoke. He looked over the vast land overlooking the venue to take in all the beauty. For the second time that night, he felt grateful for s. The venue was so secluded one wouldn't even be able to see it unless their sole purpose was to find it. The venue overlooked plenty of trees, flowers, and gardens, looking like a scene from Disney.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He dropped his cigarette in startlement. He looked over to see none other than the Nation's Goddess herself, Im Yoona. Tonight wasn't an exception for her title, beautifully dressed in a pink chiffon dress.

"Did I startle you? I'm sorry. I thought you might want some company?" And really, who wouldn't want the company of Im Yoona?

"No, it's fine. How have you been, Yoona-ssi?" Jiyong smiled at her, cordially. 

"I've been fine. Please call me Yoona, I don't like formality as much as Seohyun," she joked. Jiyong laughed a bright vibrant laughter that echoed into the night. 

"Alright then. You can call me Jiyong. I think we've known each other long enough to get past that stage," Jiyong smirked.

Of course, they know each other, or they know of each other. How cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter