cloud 9 and then some

Kwon Ji Yong & Im Yoona: MADE IN LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lately, Im Yoona seemed to be glowing. 

Her friends saw it. Her dad is pleased. And she knows it. 

She wakes up every day smiling and giddy as if she won the lottery. The coffee smells 10 times better and the food tastes even more delicious. Being a bubbly girl, these days she seems to be on a constant high that never seems to wear off. 

Anyone could see clear as day that she was on cloud nine. 

That would definitely explain why she was able to stay calm throughout any arguments her members try to provoke her with. And, how she didn't care about them borrowing her clothes without even asking. The confused members couldn't figure out the reason for this. But, they accepted that whatever was making her this happy was something good. 

Then, it all came full circle when she received 6 huge baskets of snacks along with 6 bouquets on the set of their music video for "Mr.Mr." The baskets contained every snack one could think of from various countries, and the bouquet also had different flowers in every bouquet. 

And of course. The members were curious as to who sent the gifts and why they sent them. 

"Yoona, who sent you all of these?" Yuri asked.

"My friend," Yoona smiled. 

Her excitement could be seen in her gentle smile and adoration in her eyes. Her members watched as she fished out her phone and took pictures of it before sending it to someone. 

"The same friend you've been texting and calling so often? The very same friend who also gave you that very pretty necklace?" Taeyeon asked. 

Yoona smiled shyly and nodded.

"Anyways, I'll be back in a few minutes. I've got a call to make. Help yourselves to some of the snacks but don't touch my flowers." 

With that, she apologetically waved and scampered off out of the room. Yuri, who was too curious, followed her out of the room and into another room. The room was closed but the walls were thin enough that she could hear her voice as she excitedly talked with someone. 

"Hello? Yeah, I received the snacks and bouquet. I told you not to send me anything!" She sounded exasperated but anyone who knew her well enough could tell she had a smile on her face and was elated. 

"I only sent you one present, but I made it myself so you better like it... Yeah, I'm on the set right now, I've to go back in a few minutes... I know I'm sorry... Yah! You better show up. I made time for you so that we could see each other despite my very busy schedule." 

Now, Yuri was 100% sure that her friend had a boyfriend. A very precious boyfriend that she hid from the other members. 

"Anyways, I have to go back... I love you more, baby...Tell Taeyang Oppa I said hi~" Yoona finished cheekily. 

Yuri stood there stunned. Yoona was dating someone from Big Bang. Feelings of betrayal, happiness, and amazement swirled around her, and before she knew it, the door opened. 

"Unnie? How long were you standing there?" Yoona seemed more stunned than she was. 

"Yah! How could you date someone from Big Bang and not tell us? What kind of betrayal is this?"

"I'm sorry! At first, we wanted to take things slow and tell everyone later, but then we got caught up in the bliss. And, I swear I was going to tell you guys but the right moment was never there," Yoona admitted. 

"Any moment would've been fine! How about right at this moment? Go in and tell everyone." 

Yoona stood there silently as she stared at Yuri. 

"No way! Let's wait until we get home so that no one can get distracted!"

Yuri agreed and even as the others relentlessly asked her who Yoona was talking to, she didn't relent. She respected her way too much to break the agreement. But, throughout the 12-hour shoot, she sneakily glanced at Yoona who was still fawning over the bouquets while happily munching on her snacks. No matter how much thought about it, she couldn't imagine who was actually dating. She didn't seem like the type of girl anyone could win over. 

In fact, she remembers the countless amount of suitors she rejected.  The dejected shoulders and the drop of smiles were something both sad and amusing to see. Yoona was a workaholic that wouldn't let a boyfriend get in the way of her career, something their management adored about her and make the people around her worry. They figured that she would meet the right person as time passed, but Yoona remained single and a workaholic. Even Seohyun had her first boyfriend before her.

She remained that way, never asking for more than a week off at a time and working as much as her body would allow her. Then about 4 months ago, she asked management for a break until they started preparing for their comeback. This shocked not only their managers and the entire company but also the members. Yoona never mentioned a planned vacation, and her asking for a break was a rarity. 

After talking it out with the managers, the company decided that she deserved this break. Of course, they couldn't give her 4 months of free time, so they gave her two months while clearing most of her schedules for the first two. In those four months, Yoona left their shared dorm more often than not. She would leave early in the morning and return late at night. When she came back, there was a dopey smile on her face and smelled of a cologne that smelled expensive. When her members asked about it, she would shrug it off and say it was from a friend of hers. 

But, now the others would finally know the real reason for her disappearance and the smell of the cologne. Once they got home that night, Yoona immediately called for everyone's attention.

"I have something to tell you guys." 

"Does this have to do with how you have been on cloud nine for the past few months?" Hyoyeon excitedly asked. Even if she feigned nonchalant about the matter, she was still a human being who gets curious.

"Yeah. I'm not doing anything bad if that's what you guys are worried about. I'm dating someone, and no. I will not tell you who he is." 

With that news, Yoona quickly hid in her room for her the rest of the night. Outside, the members sat stunned and surprised at the news. They couldn't believe how Yoona could suddenly go from not even looking at guys a second time to being in love in the past few months. They should've seen the signs, but they were too occupied with their solo schedules to focus on her.  

Once they recovered, they all looked at Yuri who shook her head and zipped her lips. 

"I don't know who he is but I will tell you that he is from a very, very, very, VE-" 

"WE GET IT! Just tell us what group he's from," Tiffany rushed her. 

"No. If she won't tell you herself, I won't either." 

The members groaned in exasperation and flipped her off. 

With that, weeks passed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter