6/6

Is it like the ocean?

Garden.

Little Henry and little *Remi were running around stepping onto the grass and chasing each other through the flower beds.

A few minutes later Remi was in her grandma’s arms.

“Grandma, when did you have mum?” the ten year old girl asked, as they sat on the porch.

The older woman laughed. “That was back in 2021, my love” she said. “I wanted to wait a little longer, but grandpa was getting too old already!”

“Hey! I’m standing right here, the seventy-one year old man protested.

“You heard it? Good!” She chuckled.

“Grandpa looks so young, doesn’t he?” Henry asked shuffling his granddaughter’s hair. The little one beamed at him. By that time, little Henry's attention shifted from the family's youngest puppy to the events at the porch and had slowly started approaching them. The puppy was following him still eager to play.

“And when did you start loving each other?” little Remi continued, widening a set of curious eyes at them.

“Loving each other? Hmm that was back in 2009!” Henry replied while pinching her cheek.

“Your hearing is fine, but your memory suffers!” Amber interrupted. “That was in 2014! Back in 2009, grandpa and grandma were still just getting to know each other.” she corrected.

“But that’s when it started for me.” Henry announced without even a moment's of thought.

Amber turned to look at him until their gaze met. After all these years he still had that inexplicable ability to shake her.

“Ewww grandpa and grandma kissed!” the young boy suddenly cried and ran away from them. Little Remi smiled and clasped her hands together.

“We scarred our grandson for life”, Amber said, leaning her head on Henry’s shoulder.

“Our daughter raised him strong, he’ll cope”, Henry replied and gently turned to kiss her eyebrow.

He then extended both of his hands for his wife and granddaughter to hold. He proceeded to turn his head left and right in search for his grandson.

“Come Henry Jr! Grandpa made tacos!” he announced as soon as he spotted him. The little one ran towards him at light speed. Henry grabbed him and placed him onto his shoulders. He then started making aeroplane sounds while holding little Henry’s arms.

Amber and little Remi nodded at each other in mutual understanding.

The sun was still blazing in the cloudless LA sky as the family was entering their summer house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Amber has stated, when asked by fans, that this is the name she'd have liked to have, other than her own.

A/N: And that folks was the tiny, little epilogue of mine! I hope it's alright.. As you can see on top, the love-meter has reached infinite depths LOL. Thank you so much for reading guys!<3

Edit: Songs I listened to while writing/getting inspired for this fic as a whole: "How deep is your love" - Calvin Harris and Disciples, "Even If I die, it's you" - BTS V and Jin, "All that Glitters" - Kim Jaejoong