3/6

Is it like the ocean?

                                                                                                     Amber, I need you. I love you.

                                                                                                     How deep is your love, Henry?

 

                                                                                                                        60%

 

 

“So you’re Amber’s bae now, aren’t you?” Henry asks, tapping his fingers impatiently on the table.

The brown-haired man busts out laughing. “Oh yes, we’re namber and we’re goals!” he emphasises and laughs some more.

“You idiot, you know how I feel about her and you still post stuff like that.” Henry snaps.

Oh! Oh wait a minute now! I know how you feel? Who me?” Eric retorts, pointing at himself.

Henry opens his mouth to speak- “Ah right!” Eric continues, pushing him rather hard on the shoulder. ”Sure, if you count your I-miss-her-so-much drunken calls in the middle of the night whenever you go abroad, then sure I know all of it!”

“Sod off.”

“Yes I will sod off, but let me ask you this, have you ever talked about these feelings while being sober to me? Or to anyone for that matter?

“I-”

“You nothing! You say nothing! Whenever I have tried to bring up the subject to you, you just tell me to sod off!

“Ok, screw you, I was wrong!

“Am I your problem or the fact that you’re ting your pants in the idea of being honest with her?

“Shut up! I’m the idiot here! Are you happy now?”

Very!”

“Henry throws himself on the couch, sulking.

“I went too strong” Eric thinks. “Ok Hen listen, I’ll actually be happy when both of you stop being idiots about it. Just accept your fate: idiots are drawn to other idiots, this is how it goes!” Eric chuckles.

“I-I thought I was ok with how things were with Amber, but lately I’ve really been unable to-”

(knock on the door)

“Hey you guys are having all the fun without me~?” Amber’s voice is heard from behind the door.

(panic)

“You’re good, you’re good.” Eric encourages, massaging his friend’s shoulder.

“Open it!” Henry mouths.

“Hello~!” Amber yells imitating an Australian accent. “What took you so long? My friend and I felt so lonely.” she laughs, pushing a life-size Stitch stuffed animal inside the room with her. “Here Snoopy, I brought you a friend.” she announces and settles the stuffed toy on the empty spot next to him.

Henry smiles and shakes hands with it.

“Where did you even found this monster?” Eric asks, astonished.

“Mind you, a fan of mine sent it here for me.” Amber boasts.

“Rehearsal in 5’!” a woman’s voice calls. “Right buds, I’ll see you in 30 minutes!” he announces, exiting the dressing room.

“Why did he wink at us?” Ambers asks in confusion.

“Eric’s in a good mood lately.”

“Must be cause of Solar.” she hums.

“Solar yes..he’s so unavailable cause of her, isn’t he?” Henry breathes.

She ignores him and sits on the couch, filling the small gap next to the plush toy. 

“You’re bummed about it, right?” he insists, popping his face as close as he can with the giant bear getting in the way.

“Be quiet!” she yells, pushing Stitch onto him.

Henry loses balance and almost falls. She laughs loudly and uses the toy to suppress him even more. He pushes it back and it lands onto her instead.

“Ouch!” she shouts.

“What? What? Are you ok?” he takes it off of her in an instant.

“Haha gotcha!” she laughs.

“You little-”

“Shush!” she hisses and turns her phone’s camera on. “ASC backstage with Stitch and…Snoopy!, she states, filming just a snippet of Henry’s face.

“Hey I wasn’t even in the shot!” he complains out of breath from their previous antics.

She ignores him.

“Hey don’t post this, I wanna be in it!” he tells her, reaching out for her hand. She hits the inside of his palm lightly.

He hits hers back.

Her eyes on her phone. She hits.

He hits.

She hits.

He grabs hers. “Who got who now?” he smirks.  

“I’m a 21st century kid I can still tag with my left hand!” she laughs.                                   

“Come, come here.” he nudges her.

She’s on his lap, her eyes still on her phone. “Let’s try that instavid again.” he tells her.

“Sure, cause I can totes film from that position.” she responds, looking at him for the first time again.

“Why not?” he asks and wraps his arms around her waist. His face rests on her shoulder.

“Oh what’s the matter Snoopy?”

“I’m tired and I missed you. You’re my energy pack, just stay still for one minute.”

                                                                          (10’’)

“Ok a minute passed!” she snaps.

“I haven’t loaded yet. Help me.” he says, glancing at her eyes and then at her lips.

He limits their personal space. “Henry, are you serio-”

He holds her chin, bringing her closer. “Yes, I’m serious, Amber. Please, let me, I need to do it, I need it so much.”

Wet lips touch softly for a second.

And another.

                         

Quick footsteps.

Amber jumps. Paces. Sits on Stitch. Double knock and the door opens. She jumps again.

“Hey guys, we’re going live in 5’”, the producer assistant announces.

“Right we’re going live! Off we go! I’m getting stitch. Nope, I’m not! I’m going solo! Yes, let’s go! she declares frantically.

The assistant stares at her wide-eyed.

Henry employs all of his might into keeping a straight face.