4/6

Is it like the ocean?

A/N: It's been ages since I updated this one, but since I started it I should finish it off. In this chapter Henber has the very next pivotal moment in their relationship right after being invited on After School Club. 

 

                                                                                             Amber, I can’t breathe. I love you.

                                                                                             How deep is your love, lover boy?

                                                                                                                    80%

 

 

Amber opens her door. Henry smirks and cups her cheeks.

“I had to try hard not to do that during that pepero game” he confesses and attacks her lips feverishly.

It takes him a second or two to realize she’s holding back. He half opens his eyes, only to close them tightly again. He’s sure his peripheral vision caught onto something.

Luna’s jaw drops. Henry hides his face in Amber’s cheek.

“What is this!? Are you guys--but how!? Wow!” she mumbles incoherently.

“He kissed me on ASC.” Amber replies dryly as she escapes Henry’s now loosened grip.

Luna stares at them still in shock. “Earth calls Sunyoung!” Amber snaps grabbing her friend’s shoulders and proceeding to shake her softly.

Luna lets a loud laugh out and immediately covers . So a best friends special was all that you guys needed?” she recovers. “Amber I’m offended you didn’t tell me!”

“I was going to.”

Luna clasps her hands together and crosses her fingers under her chin. “So Henry’s your boyfriend now?” she asks, beaming.

“He is not!”

“What? Yes, I am!” Henry cuts off.

“He isn’t.” Amber repeats and pushes his face away.

“I sure am!” Henry insists and uses her hand to pat his own head.

“Yeah rrrright so I should probably leave you to it”. Luna giggles. I’ll see you later, Amber.”

“No, no stay! Henry’s busy!”

“My day is free!” he argues.

“I’m off~” Luna sings. “Oh! And Amber, don’t worry, I’ll tell Krystal and Vic all about it for you!” she adds popping her head from behind the wall.

Amber face-palms. “Thanks a lot Sunyoung-ah. That was really my worry there!”

“Any time!” Luna laughs.

“What do you mean I’m not your boyfriend?” Henry asks as soon as they find themselves alone.

“Are you?” she raises a brow at him.

“Yes, I am!”

“Well, I don’t remember agreeing to this!”

“Boyfriends and girlfriends kiss each other and you kissed me the other day!” he proclaims.

You kissed me.”

“And whose lips were moving against mine then? Cause I remember pretty vividly Eric leaving the room first!” Henry sasses.

She giggles. Ok, I kissed you, and?”

And you’re kissing me now too.” He closes the distance between them, slamming their lips together. She immediately clasps her hands on either of his cheeks and feels his breath quickening, matching hers. His arms circle her, drawing her to him. A low moan escapes her lips.

“Henry, it can’t be you.” she tells him breaking the kiss for air. “But it really feels like it’s me” he responds and leans in again to steal the words off .

“No, it can’t be.” she whispers and takes control of the kiss herself finding his tongue again.

He breaks the kiss this time.

“Is it cause of James?” he blurts out.

He regrets it instantly.

“What the heck?” Amber freezes; her eyes going back and forth, questioning him.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry I don’t know why I-.”

“Wow talking about being a mood killer! What the actual heck Henry!”

“I said I’m sorry!”

She starts pushing her way out of his embrace.

“No, Amber wait, listen to me” he defends, attaching their foreheads together. “I don’t know what came to me; it’s just that I know better than anyone how attracted you were to him.”

She fists his shirt and pushes him away. “Then you should also know better than anyone that it’s now over, he’s my mentor, we agreed to keep it that way!”

“He’s your type.” He quietly says biting his lip to stop himself from talking.

“Do you not listen? It’s over. I can’t believe you even mentioned him.”

You mention him all the time, but you reject me.” It’s too late to save anything now he thinks.

“Just go home please.”

“No.” he argues, extending his hands to hold her again.

She finds his gaze. Motionless. “Go.”

Outside her apartment. He leans forward; his forehead touching the wall.