Four

Love me now or never [Prologue]

"I'm getting really sick of this." Yoongi grumbles from the sofa as Hoseok saunters back into the living room. He sits up and pushes his hair back from his forehead. Jungkook is pushing his buttons now and he's ready to put an end to the chaos that has enveloped Jimin's home. It used to be a place of peace and friendship, but now the mood always feels rotten. Yoongi is angry because it's always like this now. They try, the knock on Jungkook's door. They plead with him to come out. The petty begging is useless and over played and he has heard enough of it. 

 

Hoseok slouches into the chair beside the couch and he huffs while crossing his arms. He avoids eye contact with the bitter man close to him because he knows it will only hurt to see the negativity in his eyes.

 

"No answer, right?" Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Why is he so childish?"

 

Hoseok nods and his expression is gloomy. He feels sad and unsettled more so than being annoyed. Jungkook is still his friend and he wants to reach out to him, but every time he fails, every time he is pushed away and neglected from helping. It's crushing his spirit. To him, Jungkook is crying for help. He's silent, but Hoseok can hear him. 

 

"Of course." Yoongi mutters. It's been going on for a long time, this push with all pull from Jungkook. He's pulling farther and farther away from them and the older man is reaching his own limit. It's insane to let him crawl into a bulletproof cocoon, a solitary sanctuary that they cannot penetrate. It's as if they are the ones locked away from him, but it can't last. Maybe it's an invasion of a mans privacy, but Yoongi doesn't care much about that anymore. He needs to get in and make this heavy pressure over all of their heads go away.

 

"I'm going to pick his lock." Yoongi announces, standing up. It's not like him to take charge in this kind of manner, but he can't sit down and let this continue on with no explanation or settlement. Yoongi isn't as nice about the situation as the others seem to be and it has bothered him since the beginning of it all. The day Jungkook began locking himself away, a resentment started stirring up inside of him towards the boy. "I need a paper clip." Yoongi continues.

 

Hoseok's eyes widen and the other two in the room follow suit. "You can't just break into his room!" He squeaks as the others hush him. Hoseok lowers his voice. "That's trespassing."

 

Namjoon shakes his head. "It's not, Jimin owns this house. I mean, I think it's not trespassing. It's still wrong though."

 

Seokjin raises his tone a little bit, taken back that his friend would even think of such an action. Sure, they are tired of waiting for Jungkook to show himself. Over a month has passed without even catching a glimpse of the boy, but they can't just force him into a meeting. Can they? "It is wrong. I disagree with that idea."

 

Yoongi shrugs. "Well I disagree with you. I'm still going to do it, I don't need your approval." He shoots a glare around the room at all of the guys rising to a stand and he mumbles, "I don't need any of you to help me. I'll do it by myself."

 

Namjoon sighs. It's a criminal idea, but give it to Yoongi to hatch an idea so bold. He's a quiet, grumpy sort, but he doesn't take well to prolonged issues. He knows it's so wrong, so insane, but Namjoon can almost believe that it's necessary. "I'll ask Jimin if he has a paper clip."

 

~~~

 

They gather around the outside of Jungkook's room door with hushed voices and nervous heart beats. Yoongi raises a bare metal paper clip, partially straightened, in front of his face and he examines it closely. "This should work." He nods at his own lock picking device and reaches out to gently grab the brass door knob he's about to render open. He has only watched a couple of videos about how to do this, but he's hoping his intelligence will guide him through.

 

They had decided to quietly snoop around Jimin's room in order to refrain from involving the man in their crimes. He wants to be left alone anyways and they don't feel like dealing with a resentful Jimin.

 

Yoongi lines the end of the paper clip with the hole in the center of the door knob and he holds his hands steady, pressing the object into the metal and fumbling around inside with the mechanics of it. It doesn't take long for him to figure out how it operates and he pulls on the trigger inside to click open the lock. It fires like the sound of a bullet in their silence and they can almost hear Jungkook's head spring up to look at it. Without another second of wasted hesitation, Yoongi twists the knob in his hand and swings the door open in front of the group.

 

Jungkook is standing up beside his bed. They can tell he has been laying down, with his unkept hair and wrinkled clothing. He watches them with red eyes, bags lining them and it looks like he hasn't slept in a year. His astonished expression changes into a hurt one and then it falls down into a deep frown.

 

Why are they in here? Jungkook lets his thoughts race as they slowly file into his room. It's messy and he can see their eyes flickering around and observing every corner of it before returning back to his equally as messy face. He knows how he looks, but he doesn't care because he's feeling the anger set in now. "Did you pick my lock?" Jungkook sneers.

 

"I did." Yoongi responds and his tone carries a bit of pride in it. It's an accomplishment in his book and a little hatred for his actions won't be any chip on his shoulder. "We're tired of playing games with you, Jungkook."

 

"Then stop playing." Jungkook bites back. He's definitely angry. How dare they break into his room when he obviously doesn't want to deal with them. It's invasive and cruel. It's almost as cruel as he has been, but he can't care about that right now, his mind is swimming. "I don't want to see you, any of you."

 

Yoongi shrugs at the other man and he lets a small, cocky chuckle leave his parted lips. "Too bad, we're here."

 

"Get out." Jungkook retaliates. Yoongi has always been aggressive, and up until this moment he had always successfully avoided the mans wrath. Not today. "This is my room."

 

Yoongi shakes his head. "We're not leaving you alone this time. Deal with it."

 

Seokjin raises his head and he steps forward from behind the other three. "Deal with us, Jungkook. Talk to us."