Two

Love me now or never [Prologue]

"You're going to kick him out?" Namjoon's voice is soft as he speaks. He doesn't let his astonishment sound through his words, but his eyes are wide. As much as Jungkook bothers him, he doesn't want to see the boy go through something like that. Jimin's wrath can exceed any bounds and the lanky teenager has been toying with the wrong person. Namjoon pities his used to be friend, but he can't make Jimin let him stay. 

 

Jimin huffs, taking the taller man by surprise again. He seems so distraught. "I want to, but.." He's starting to come down from his anger high. His emotions feel like they're everywhere, but it has always been like this. No matter how mad he is at Jungkook, he cares for him and he knows he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he made any rash decisions. Its a stupid way to be, but he has to except that his feelings for Jungkook control him, no matter how miserable it makes him feel about himself. He can't throw his power around, kicking Jungkook out of his home because he won't give him any attention.

 

"I can't." Jimin whispers, bringing his hand up to rub his forehead. A headache is developing.

 

Namjoon looks away and he smiles to himself. He's relieved, for Jungkook's sake at least. He doesn't understand the boy at all, they used to be close. They would hang out and make jokes and stay up late watching horror films. Jungkook was always his favorite person to do that with, the other being the only one who wouldn't knock out after the first movie was finished. Now, he's gone, locked away in his dungeon of a room like none of those memories mean a damn thing to him anymore. Namjoon shakes his head to erase the thoughts, he is supposed to be the level headed one. He blows a sigh passed his lips. "Things will eventually work out, Jimin." He risks offering encouragement to his younger friend, but he's not sure if he even believes what he's saying himself. It's not a far reach to consider Jungkook a lost cause, and they all know it.

 

Jimin has his eyes closed, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. A loud rap echoes from the small living room into the kitchen and they both look up towards the noise. Hoseok, he finally got himself together enough to show his face for the day.

 

"I got it." The two in the kitchen hear Seokjin call. The front door creaks open and a loud voice that could drown out an alarm clock right next to your bed bounces off the walls.

 

"What did I miss?" Hoseok calls throughout the small home after announcing a slur of obnoxious greetings. "Where's Jimin?"

 

Yoongi resists the urge to roll his eyes at the hyperactive hell that he regretfully calls a friend. He points into the kitchen and plays a sarcastic smile on his lips. The ray of sunshine is drowning out the characters in his show and shining too bright on his doom clouds. "Go sprinkle your joy into those pancakes they're making, and make sure mine taste like extra syrup."

 

Hoseok laughs at the depressing lump slumped into the sofa and he shrugs. "I'll give them the message." He shuffles towards the kitchen and throws Seokjin a mocking sneer directed at Yoongi. "Somebody give that man a hug." He chuckles with the other. They hear Yoongi call back to them.

 

"I heard you. Stay in there please, I don't want to see your stupid face."

 

His words sound mean, but the congregated group of four in the kitchen quiet their snickers. He means no harm. Jimin relaxes when he feels Hoseok's arm around his shoulders, pulling him into a side hug. The man always made him feel relieved with his cheerful aura, his smile a cure for any kind of illness. Jimin feels his lips crack into a grin.

 

"Feeling okay today?" Hoseok whispers, observing his closest friends face. He can tell the answer already, even through the boys smile. "Not so good?"

 

"Let's just avoid that talk, okay?" Namjoon offers. He looks to Hoseok and his head to the side. "I though Tae was coming with you, where is he?"

 

Hoseok ruffles his hand through Jimin's hair and let's him go from his embrace. "He had to pick up a few more hours at work, somebody had to leave early. He will be here in a few hours." He answers and turns to check out the pancake production. Jimin is just starting to heat up the frying pan and ladle the first scoop into it.

 

Jimin remembers asking to be left alone, but Seokjin is hovering over his shoulder and judging him silently. He sighs and faces the man with a scowl. "Do you mind?" 

 

The taller raises his eyebrows and backs up a couple of feet. "Sorry." He mutters and tries to shake himself free from his bad habit of obsession. Seokjin is the kind of person who would rather do everything himself than to leave it up to somebody who could potentially ruin it. It's not the time to push Jimin's buttons though and he understands so he excuses himself from the room and retreats back to the sofa with Yoongi.

 

Jimin huffs. He doesn't want to upset Seokjin who's personality will never change, he just wants peace and time to think to himself. "Let me do this on my own, please?" He mentions to the rest of the crowd still gathered around him.

 

Namjoon nods, knowingly reaching forward to hook onto Hoseok's arm. If he doesn't drag him out with him, the man will be determined to stay by Jimin's side. He can't stand to leave a friend upset, and it's a wonderful quality they all appreciate from Hoseok, but sometimes it's best to leave a person to themselves. "We're gone." Namjoon smiles as Jimin turns to watch them leave.

 

Hoseok trips over his own feet. "I'll stay with Jimin." He calls out, trying to pull himself away from the younger mans hold on him. He needs to hit the gym, his muscles are weaker than they used to be. 

 

Namjoon groans as he catches the fire lighting in Jimin's eyes. "Now is not the time, buddy."