Here Comes The Sun

Songs About You

SONG: The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun

 

 

 

“byul byul byul byul byul byul byulllll~~” Hani has been incessantly calling her friend while trailing her, when she spotted her about a few moments ago.

Hani had just exited their college building when she spotted Moonbyul walking past the building. She was about to give Moonbyul a call but when she saw the very girl she was about to call, she didn’t bother wasting time. She chased after Moonbyul who is clearly avoiding her for some unknown reason. “MOON FRECKIN’ BYULYI! COME ON!! I KNOW YOU NOTICED ME LEAVING THE BUILDING EARLIER, AND I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME! YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE EARPHONES PLUGGED INTO YOUR EARS FOR CHRYST’S SAKES!!”

Moonbyul finally stops, sighing very heavily before turning to Hani. “Oh, my dearest friend Hani. What could I possibly do for you this time?” Hani snorts and walks closer to her. “Hey, don’t make it sound like I ask you for favors all the time. You have a fair share of favors to ask me as well.”

Moonbyul shrugs. “Do you need notes? Or perhaps borrow some money? It is a Friday night, after all. Are you going clubbing?” Moonbyul asks and Hani just shakes her head in response.

Moonbyul claps her hands together very scripted-like, as if getting a whole new idea.  “Ahh! You need someone to fill in for a double date because your partner ditched you again?” Hani looks at her amusingly before laughing. “Mannn, do I always ask you for those things?” Moonbyul scowls at her. “Yeah, you kinda do, Ahn Heeyeon.”

Hani doesn’t bother rebutting what Moonbyul had just said and just continues to laugh. Moonbyul looks at her very confused. “What? Are my presumptions wrong?

“Not quite, Byulyi.”

Moonbyul shifts all her weight to her left foot while crossing her arms. “That, Ahn Heeyeon, is very suspicious.” She says. “I mean, whatever do you need from me that you had to chase me knowing very well that I was ignoring you?”

Hani nods and smiles. “I just wanted to invite you to dine with us. As you’ve said, it is a Friday night, after all, Moon Byulyi.” She takes her phone out, taps a few times on the screen before showing Moonbyul a message invitation.

Haningningahahh! come to d usuual place after yrr class brning byul too if yu can xoxo

“Ken? Why didn’t he just texted me? He has my number.” Moonbyul says, after reading. Hani puts her phone away, shrugging her shoulders in response to Moonbyul. “They’ve been there for a for like two hours already, I think? Anyway, he just sent me a text like thirty minutes ago so yeah”

Moonbyul’s eyes widened. “WHAT? WHY?”

Hani lightly hits Moonbyul’s. “Aigoo Byulyi, look at the time. Both of our class just ended, and if I may just say to knock some sense into you, our classes are in the last time slot for night classes. And Ken’s class and the others ended like two hours ago.”

“Oh, right. Sorry.”

Hani smiles. “So, let’s go? It’s been a while since you’ve join us, you know. They miss you.” She says while putting her arm over Moonbyul’s shoulder, being the taller one, as they walked towards one of the university gates.

Moonbyul raises a brow. “How ‘bout you? You don’t miss me?”

“Ha-ha! As much as I want to miss you, I see your face almost every day since we are in the same college, so no. But as for the others, they rarely see you specially after…um..you know”

Moonbyul gulps. Hani gets tensed up. “I’m sorry for bringing it up.”

“No, it’s okay. Let’s just go, uh?”

 

 

 

 

 

Moonbyul realizes that she should have not tagged along the dinner party with her same aged friends, but she realized it a little too late. It’s been over an hour and Ken and Sandeul have been holding up the karaoke stage, singing their hearts out. Though, they are doing well, it was still embarrassing for Moonbyul. Jin’s knocked out on their table, (though he is still munching on food). Amber was busy trying to make the best cocktail mix ever and it’s best not to disturb her. While Hani…let’s just say it’s hard to even talk to Hani because a lot of guys are trying to hit on her.

 

“OIII!! BYUL-AH!! LONG TIMENO SEEE!!” Sandeul welcomes her and Hani, (gave her a curt nod) as they walked towards the table where Sandeul and the others are, who was nodding their heads as a sign of recognizing their presence. “You’ve gone AWOL for the longest time now, what gives?” Sandeul asks, the two takes a sit. Moonbyul beside Hani, and Hani beside Amber.

Moonbyul was about to answer when Hani interrupted by clearing and giving Sandeul a look. “Let’s not talk about it.” She says and Sandeul nods, understanding what Hani was implying. Whilst all this, Jin takes the opportunity to order food for Hani and Moonbyul.

 

Moonbyul sighs her head as she recalled what happened earlier. Has she been really isolating herself since her family has torn apart? She shakes her head, not wanting to think about it anymore and it only makes her dizzier than how she already is. She’s drunk one too many glasses of liquor than she should’ve tonight, though she’s certain she needs a nice cold beer before calling it a night.

She looks at Jin. “Hey, Jin.” She tries to wake him up but he only mumbled in annoyance, while moving into a more comfortable sleeping position with most of his upper body slumped on the table. “I’ll just go get myself a beer then.” She stands up and miraculously makes it to the counter in one piece and sits just right about where the bartender is. “One ice cold beer, please.” She says, while rubbing her temples. The bartender was kind enough to not hit up a conversation with her and just gave her what she asked for and places the beer bottle in front of her, wrapped in a tissue and on a beermat. “Thanks” she says under her breath as she takes the bottle and takes a sip from it.

“You’re cute.”

Moonbyul coils her forehead, turning to the source of the compliment. “uhh thanks?”

It was a girl, sitting right next to her and she had no idea when the girl got there because she was sure she didn’t seat next to someone earlier.

The girl smiles at her and briefly looks at the drink that the bartender just set down in front of her before looking back to Moonbyul. “My name’s Kim Yongsun.”

Moonbyul thinks for a while. “I don’t bite, just so you know. I just wanted to talk to you since you looked very problematic.” Yongsun says, and Moonbyul realizes that Yongsun must’ve notice her hesitating.

“Sorry, it’s just that-”

Yongsun cuts her off. “We’re in a bar and you shouldn’t just trust anyone who comes up to you, right?” Moonbyul looks at her, amused. “Y-yeah. Anyway, I’m Moon Byulyi but you can just call me Moonbyul.” She offers her hand for a handshake. “Pleased to make your acquaintance, Yongsun-ssi”

Yongsun raises a brow at Moonbyul’s hand and laughs. “Yep, you’re really cute.” She says before shaking it. “Pleased to make your acquaintance as well, Moonbyul!” She smiles and they let go.

Suddenly, Ken and Sandeul is making a scene on stage and it gets noisier than it already was. Moonbyul squints at the sight, Yongsun sees this. “Do you…” Yongsun starts and Moonbyul looks at her, making her stop at her words.

Yongsun clears and tries again. “Do you want to get out of here? It’s getting kinda noisy here.” She says and Moonbyul looks a bit surprised. Yongsun quickly adds, “Again, I don’t bite. I’m a perfectly law-abiding citizen, Byul-ssi. I..i just wanted to talk to you more…” Moonbyul laughs and looks at her half-empty beer. “Yeah…”

Yongsun raises an eyebrow, waiting for Moonbyul’s next words.

“Let’s do that. Let’s get out of here, Yongsun.” Moonbyul finally says, looking at her nodding.

 

 

 

 

 

It seemed a lot easier to Yongsun a while ago, going out of the bar with Moonbyul maybe eat at some street food stall that was still open given that it was past midnight. It was a lot easier in Yongsun’s head a while ago, but now, she doesn’t know. Moonbyul was too drunk to even walk straight that Yongsun had to support her. “I just met you and I already have you in my arms.” Moonbyul says, snorting and clearly enjoying it.

“Wow, had I known you were a grease ball, I would’ve never spoken to you in the first place and called you cute.” Yongsun replies. “And at least try to carry yourself, Byulyi. You’re heavier than you look.”

“Only ‘cause I’m falling for you”

“oh my gods what even, moon byulyi” Yonsgun says, Moonbyul looks at her frowning. “You don’t get it?” And Yongsun shakes her head. “Law of gravity, my dear.” Moonbyul says, with a wide grin.

Yongsun snorts. “I don’t think that’s how it works?”

Moonbyul groans. “Ugh, never mind. Just accept the grease, Yongsun.” Yongsun smiles. “Are you sure you’re even drunk? ‘coz I don’t think so.”

“Maybe still just a little bit tipsy but I don’t know. How about you?” Moonbyul asks and Yongsun shakes her head. “I only drank orange juice.”

Moonbyul doubts her. “You were in a bar and you only drank orange juice?”

“That is a fact, Moon Byulyi.”

Moonbyul smiles. “Okay, okay.” She nods and spots something, she then points at it using her lips. “let’s rest there for a bit.” Yongsun looks at the direction Moonbyul’s lips pointed at and saw a convenience store. “I think I’ll be okay enough to walk alone after some coffee.” Moonbyul says.

Yongsun nods and helps Moonbyul as they make their way to the convenience store. She lets go of Moonbyul as the latter took a sit in one of the empty tables. Though the store itself wasn’t empty; there was the cashier, Yongsun and her, and a few other people buying a midnight snack and whatnot.

Yongsun takes the seat opposite hers and Moonbyul sees Yongsun under the bright lights for the first time tonight and she’s in awe. Why did she not see how much of a goddess this Kim Yongsun is? “Wow. You’re so prettiful.”

Yongsun laughs a little. “I’m not sure if you meant to say pretty or beautiful. But I’ll thank you anyway for the compliment.”

Moonbyul shakes her head. “No no, both words are an understatement when used to describe you.” Yongsun blushes. “OKAY, SO coffee, right?” Yongsun quickly asks, dodging the situation and Moonbyul just nods. “Hot or cold?” She asks, standing up.

“Hot like you, please.” Moonbyul winks at her, or at least she tried. Yongsun rolls her eyes. “Alright, be right back.” And with that, she disappears into one of the store’s aisles.

Moonbyul observes the store. Her thoughts are a little hazy but she’s convinced that this is the store about four blocks away from her university. She looks around, and there are now only she, Yongsun, the cashier and one other costumer that Yongsun is behind in the queue of. She also takes note that the store was playing the radio through the speakers. hmm must help the cashier to stay awake… She closes her eyes and tries to enjoy the music.

“Here’s your coffee.” She hears Yongsun say and she opens her eyes and sees Yongsun seating down in front of her, laying two cups of coffee on the table. She smiles. “Thanks” She grabs a cup and takes the lid off, letting out the steam. Yongsun’s cup of coffee was iced.

“Say, Yongsun. What were you doing in the bar drinking only orange juice?”

Yongsun almost chokes while she was taking a sip from her coffee. “Sorry?” Moonbyul looks at her, holding her coffee, her lips slightly pursed and her head tilted to the left. Yongsun squints her eyes at Moonbyul. Curious, interested, flirty?

Yongsun clears and says her piece while Moonbyul takes a sip from her coffee after blowing on it. “We were having a college dinner. I don’t drink so I just drank juice and when I say saw there by the counter I was intrigued. It was a place where people were having fun and there you were, somehow…sad” Yongsun pauses. “So, I don’t know…I just found myself coming up to you.”

Moonbyul raises an eyebrow and sets her coffee down. “Damn I thought you just found me cute.” Yongsun smiles. “Well it was one way to get your attention.” Moonbyul frowns at that. “What? I’m not cute then?”

Yongsun laughs. “No, you’re cute. Don’t worry.” Moonbyul huffs. “Sooooo what’s your major? I have a strong feeling we go to the same uni.”

“I’m a psychology major. And yeah, I go to Hanyuil University.” Yongsun says. “You?”

“Same.” Moonbyul says, after taking another sip. Her facial expression clearly says the coffee’s bitter. “I mean, I go there too just that I’m a Physics major.”

“You didn’t put cream or sugar in it? It’s right there, Byulyi, you didn’t notice?”

Moonbyul shakes her head. “I’ve grown to like it black.”

Yongsun blinks. “…grown to?”

Yongsun doesn’t mean it. She really doesn’t. But she can’t help but think about all the possible reasons why Moonbyul have grown to like black coffee. Or how troubled and sad Moonbyul looked a while in the bar. Or how Moonbyul still finds the strength to be greasy when Yongsun had already pegged her to be depressed. Well, she can’t help it since it is what she studies. Human behavior.

She was so into trying to solve the puzzle that she didn’t realize how Moonbyul’s suddenly stiff like a mannequin, her eyes staring down on her coffee as if regretting getting it.

“Moonbyul?”

No response.

It was weird. It was like Moonbyul suddenly shut down or something.

“…Byulyi? Are you okay?” Yongsun lowers her head to look at Moonbyul’s face in a better angle and that’s when she saw. Moonbyul was crying. Yongsun’s eyes widened. “Y-yah Moon Byulyi”

Moonbyul snapped back into reality and immediately wipes her tears. “S..sorry. It’s uhmm…” Moonbyul starts. “It’s the song.” Moonbyul breathes out, trying to keep her open and dry.

“The song?” Yongsun repeats and somehow looks up, searching for the speaker though it wasn’t really necessary. She could her the song without doing so anyway. The song had just started. Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter…Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here

Yongsun’s forehead creases as she listens to the song. “W-what about it? It’s a nice Beatles song?” Moonbyul forces a smile out. “Yeah, it’s just that the memories it brings hurts me though they’re happy memories...”

Moonbyul clears . “Can you talk? Like about anything? I want to block out the song from getting into my head.”

Yongsun blinks, unsure of what to do. “I…”

“Fine.” Moonbyul sighs. “It’s the song my parents always used to play during the weekends to wake me up and we’d have a nice breakfast and the day goes well.”

Yongsun stays silent.

“It’s just that my family is separated now and hearing this song reminds me of how it used to be.” Moonbyul finally says before taking a sip on her coffee, not even sparing Yongsun a glance. How could she? She’s just revealed a weakness.

Yongsun frowns at her. so that’s why… “It happened recently?” and Moonbyul nods. “It hasn’t even been a year.”

“I’m sorry to hear that…”

Moonbyul nods again.

 

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

 

Moonbyul closes her eyes. The song is still not over.

Then she feels a hand on hers, squeezing hers. She opens her eyes and sees Yongsun weakly smiling at her.

“Do you have time?” Yongsun asks. “I want to bring you to my special place.”

“Where?”

Yongsun stands up. “Come with me.” She says, smiling and offering a hand to Moonbyul. Moonbyul smiles and takes it and they head out, hand in hand.

 

 

 

 

 

“Your special place is your apartment??” Moonbyul says, as she and Yongsun enters. “If you wanted to bring me home, you could’ve just said so, Yongsun.” She says, smirking. Yongsun walks ahead of her, shaking her head. “Hey, I’ve never had anyone over before you. Besides, that’s not why I brought you here.”

She enters her room, her hand motioning for Moonbyul to follow. “In here.”

“I’m still convinced that you just wanted to bring me home.” Moonbyul says, walking into Yongsun’s room.

“Here.” Yongsun says, she was by the door to the balcony. Moonbyul walks over to her. Yongsun smiles and nudges her head to the right, asking Moonbyul to go out first. So Moonbyul did.

Yongsun had a telescope in her balcony. Not a fancy one, but still. She has a telescope. “Woaah.”

Yongsun’s now beside her. “I like looking at the stars since I was young. They’re pretty and looking at them makes me feel relieved. I don’t know if it’ll be the same for you but we can try.” She says. “Go ahead.”

They spent the night together, looking at the stars, watching a movie or two and just talking, until they both fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning,

Yongsun stirs awake as the sun was on her face. She opens her eyes and it’s Moonbyul she immediately sees. Moonbyul was still sound asleep. Yongsun smiles and snuggles closer, and just looking at Moonbyul’s face, admiring.

She also has a mole under her brow. Only hers is at the left side.

Her nose is pretty sharp…

Her lips-

Yongsun’s thoughts get cut when Moonbyul suddenly moves but her arms still holding Yongsun. Her face though, scrunches as the heat of the sun starts to grow on her.  Oh, is she waking up? Yongsun smiles.

Here comes the sun doo doo doo doo~” She starts to sing. Moonbyul opens one eye to look at her.

“Here comes the sun, and I say it's all right~” Yongsun continues, Moonbyul lets go and moves so that she’s lying on her back now.

Yongsun’s still singing the song and Moonbyul starts to laugh. “why are you singing that song…”

Yongsun crawls to get closer to Moonbyul. As soon as she did, she smiles and uses her right arm to support her weight as she uses her left to pinch Moonbyul’s nose. "Wakey wakey my dear sleepy Moon~"

Moonbyul lazily slaps Yongsun’s hand away. “Didn’t I tell you about that song last night?”

“You did.”

"So, why?"

"So, I was thinking.” Yongsun says. “I want to be your sun, Byulyi. Let me be your sun"

Moonbyul lifts her head up to look at Yongsun, who was just smiling at her. Then she puts her head back down, thinking.

"Is this because your name is Kim YongSUN?"

Yongsun laughs. “Wow, you really are a nerd.” Moonbyul smiles. She vaguely remembers hitting on Yongsun with the concept of gravity. Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces

Yongsun presses herself closer into Moonbyul who just accommodated her by letting her get comfortable in her arms. "I'll be your sun, Moon Byulyi." Then she presses a sweet and soft kiss on Moonbyul's cheek. "You have no choice anyway. It's not like you can stop the sun anyway.” Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here

Moonbyul blushes and is smiling like an idiot. “Y-yeah..”

Here comes the sun

 

“What do you want for breakfast, by the way?” Yongsun asks. “You.” She answers and Yongsun immediately hits her.


Here comes the sun, and I say

 

“I’m kidding~” She laughs. “Can we have some pancakes?”

“Yep.”


It's all right

 

 

 

 

---END---

 

 

 

this story, is kind of, may be inspired by true events. Although I did exaggerate and stretch a few things here and there :D

ANYWAYS #HappySolarDay!!! (#HappyWendyDay) as well~