In Fiction

Songs About You

Song: Beast - Fiction (Orchestra Version)

 

“Byul unni.” Hyejin called for the nth time that minute, finally getting Byulyi’s attention.

“Huh? What?” Byulyi looked up from what she was doing and saw Hyejin with an annoyed expression. “Finally.” The younger one rolled her eyes.

“Sorry Hyejin-ah. I was-“

“Either writing a draft for a new story or editing previous ones. Nothing I don’t know.” Hyejin cut her off. “Unni, I know you still love her and it was unfair for you how it all turned out but you have to stop writing these and get a life.” Hyejin said in a frustrated tone while putting her things in her bag and arranging the books she borrowed earlier.

The both of them were in the university library but for different reasons; Hyejin had homework to do while Byulyi was well..writing.

Byulyi was taken aback. She thought Hyejin understands. “Hyejin-ah, you know this is my way of-“

“Coping. Yeah, you told me and Wheein a bunch of times for the past two years” Hyejin cut her off again. Hyejin looked at Byulyi who looked down wearing a frown. She sighed, she reached for Byulyi’s hand and held it endearingly. Byulyi looked up and forced a smile out.

Hyejin let go of Byulyi’s hand and leaned back on the chair she was sitting on. “Unni. I’m sorry but you have to move on. How do you think Yongsun unni would feel if she knew you’ve spent the last two years of your life dedicating it to her?” Hyejin paused and thought for a moment. “Okay, no. That actually sounds good…but that’s not what I was going for. Hmm.”

“Okay. You and Yongsun unni broke up and it’s for the best.” Hyejin started again. Byulyi just listening in. “Yongsun unni’s Korea’s sweetheart now.” Hyejin said as a matter of fact-ly. “SOLAR.” She stated, her hands raised up as if asking the skies above to bless her then she realized something, “Hm. I never knew it has a nice ring to it.”

Byulyi raised a brow at the younger one.

“SOLAR.” She said it again and again with hand gestures and all, this time in a tone as if she’s one of those voice actors speaking in commercials. Then she stopped, smiled and nodded. “Yep. Solar’s a good name.” She was satisfied with herself. She isn’t studying Communication Arts for nothing.

Byulyi cleared , as an attempt to bring Hyejin back to her. Fortunately, it worked.

“Right, as I was saying.” Hyejin snapped out of it and looked back at Byulyi. “Byul unni, I know it’s unfair that they made you two break up and all, but think about how it would be like for Yongsun unni’s reputation if they hadn’t? Korea isn’t exactly the place to be, if you’re gay.”

Byulyi just kept quiet. She knew all what Hyejin was saying anyway.

Hyejin opened to say more but halted. “Alright, fine. I’m sorry for saying such things.” She stood up, carrying her bag over her shoulder and the books in her arms. “I’ll be at the quadrangle with Wheein if you need us.”

“I thought you had homework?”

Hyejin smiled. “Wheein already did hers and told me I could copy it.”

Byulyi nodded. “Okay. I’ll see you then.”

Hyejin nodded and walked away.

 

 

“W-what?” Byulyi’s voice shook.

Earlier that day, she was in a good mood for that day was the day she was meeting Yongsun’s parents without Yongsun. They contacted her a week ago behind Yongsun’s back to ask her to meet them and since then Byulyi has been both nervous and excited to meet her girlfriend’s parents, especially because they said they wanted to discuss Yongsun’s future with her.

She woke up extra early that day, just to make she won’t be late for the lunch date with Yongsun’s parents that day. She made and ate breakfast happily. She took a bath and dressed in her newly bought clothes using her own money and went to the restaurant where she’s meet Yongsun’s parents an hour early.

Everything was going well. She was in a good mood, until…

“Break up with Yongsun.” Yongsun’s mother once again said, a hand pushing a thick envelope towards Byulyi. “If the money isn’t enough, then I’ll give you more. Just say the amount.”

It was only her and Yongsun’s mother meeting.

“I…I don’t understand? I thought you were okay with me dating Yongsun?”

Yongsun’s mother sighed and looked at Byulyi pitifully. “Byulyi, I know that you know my Yongsun’s going to debut soon.”

Byulyi couldn’t do anything but blink.

Yongsun’s mother smiled. “Say, Byulyi. You want Yongsun to be happy, right?”

She nodded. She did want Yongsun to be happy.

“And you don’t want her to get hurt, right?”

Another nod. Of course she didn’t want her girlfriend getting hurt.

“Then listen to me.” Yongsun’s mother said. “Please break up with Yongsun. You’ll only hurt her if you don’t break up with her soon.”

“I-i…”

Yongsun’s mother grabbed the thick envelop from the table and tore it open before throwing it to Byulyi. “You understand now, right?”

Byulyi gulped and clenched her fists under the table.

“Because if you don’t I’m afraid I’ll have a word with your parents.”

“No, Mrs. Kim. I…I understand now.” Byulyi hesitantly said. “I…I’ll leave Yongsun.”

Mrs. Kim nodded. “Thank you for understanding, Byulyi. I’ll leave now, I still have a meeting with Yongsun’s agency.” Mrs. Kim stood and walked out of the room, leaving Byulyi alone, crying.

 

 

Wheein waved her hands up in the air as a way to let Hyejin spot her in one of the benches in the quadrangle. “Hyejin-ah! Over here!!” She called out. Hyejin spotted her and walked towards her.

“Here.” Hyejin handed Wheein a cup of iced coffee as she sat down. Wheein gladly accepted it. “Is this your way to compensate for the homework?”

Hyejin shrugged. “Whatever. Hand them over.”

Wheein laughed and put the cup down beside her and fished something out from her bag. “I thought you were bringing Byul unni with you?” She asked while handing Hyejin her homework.

Hyejin nodded as she took a sip from her own drink. “Yeah but I kinda forgot to bring her with me because she was writing again and I told her to move on and .” She took the papers from Wheein’s hand.

Wheein gasped. “You did what?” Hyejin just nodded. Thanks to best friends’ telepathy, Wheein didn’t need a wordy reply. “Oh my god. You did not.”

“I did.”

Wheein sighed and took a sip from the drink Hyejin bought her. Hyejin started to copy the homework, rephrasing this and that.

They were quiet for a while until Wheein realized something. “OH MY NOT AHN HYEJIN!!” Her eyes widened.

Hyejin jumped up in surprise. “Aissh! Look at what you made me do!” She raised the paper up for Wheein to see but the other just ignored her. She accidentally drew her pen all the way up on the paper. Now, she has to redo everything.

Wheein fished her phone out of her bag and began typing.

“That better be good, Jung Wheein. Or else I’m gonna ruin yours too.” Hyejin threatened, getting another sheet of paper in her bag.

“Here it is!” Wheein exclaimed. “Read this, you idiot.” She put her phone up to Hyejin’s face. Hyejin calmly took it and read what was on the screen.

“You’re such an idiot. Why did you have to do that to Byul unni before knowing things?” Wheein ranted away.

After reading the online article Wheein showed her, Hyejin’s eyes widened and she froze on the spot. “What do I do?” Wheein rolled her eyes at her best friend and took her phone from Hyejin’s hand.

“What are we going to do now? I’m sure once Byul unni sees this, she’s going to flip. And she won’t be able to write about it because you called her on it!”

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS EARLIER? I COULD’VE JUST SHUT MY MOUTH WHEN I WAS WITH BYUL UNNI EARLIER!” Hyejin was in panic.

“MY EYES JUST SCANNED THROUGH IT THIS MORNING, OKAY? I’M NOT ALWAYS IN MY RIGHT MIND, SPECIALLY IN THE MORNING. DON’T YOU SHOUT AT ME!” Wheein as well.

“Erm. Shut your mouth about what?” Byulyi showed up, looking at Hyejin while holding a half-eaten sandwich in one hand and her satchel in the other. “And scanned through what?” She looked at Wheein this time.

The two younger girls’ eyes widened and slowly faced Byulyi. “U-unni!” Wheein awkwardly greeted.

Byulyi smiled at them. “Hyejin said I’d find you two here…so here I am!” She sat down beside Wheein and took another bite of her sandwich.

The same aged friends exchanged looks.

Do you think she already knows? Wheein.

What do we do if she does? Hyejin.

“Just kidding, I’m not really staying here. I was actually going home and decided to stop by here to see you two are here.” Byulyi said, taking another bite.

Wheein let out a sigh of relief while Hyejin just smiled at Byulyi who was forcing the last bite of her sandwich in .

“Oh by the way, did you guys know?” Byulyi said, gibberish because of the food in . But the two heard it loud and clear, their eyes widened. Wheein froze again and gulped while Hyejin swore she felt a drop of sweat run down on her face.

“I got a job!” Byulyi said cheerfully. “Well not really a job-job. But I get something in return, so yeah I got job.”

Byulyi looked at the two and got confused at their expressions. “Did I already tell you guys that?”

The two shook their heads. “Ahh, no Byul unni. You haven’t. So what’s the job?” Hyejin asked.

“In my aunt’s book café.” Byulyi said, standing up. “I kinda asked her for a place to stay because my parents won’t pay for my apartment anymore, saying I better graduate soon or they’ll just stop sending me to school altogether, and it turns out my aunt’s café had an empty room upstairs, which is perfect for me. So she told me I could stay there and since I have no money to pay for it, I’ll be managing the place during weekends.”

Byulyi had been in college for four years now, studying Literature but still haven’t graduated because she keeps failing subjects. It all started because of the breakup of course.

“So yeah, I’m moving in today.” Byulyi said.

The two blinked.

Byulyi glanced at her wristwatch. “Yikes, it’s getting late. I better go now. I still have to pack some things.” She stood up. “I’ll invite you two over soon.” She smiled at the two.

The two nodded aggressively, making Byulyi laugh. “Alright, see you guys~ I’m off.” With that, Byulyi left.

The two could finally breathe.

“Do you think she heard?” Wheein worriedly asked once Byulyi was at least five meters away from them.

“Heck I don’t know.” Hyejin answered.

Irritated, Wheein hit Hyejin’s arm. “What kind of answer is that?”

“Ouch??!” Hyejin glared at her and was about to hit her back.

Wheein laughed. “Sorry. Love you. Just copy the homework.” Hyejin threw Wheein a skeptical look. “You’re a lucky pup today, Jung Wheein.”

Wheein just smiled.

 

 

[BREAKING] Soloist Solar and Actor Moon Yul, Rumored to be Dating?

On September 2, 'thispatch' released photos of the two artists on secretive late night car dates [See photos below]. It is reported that Moon Yul and Solar became friends during the MV shoot of Solar’s latest song, ‘In My Dreams’, and have been close ever since.

If this is all true, we can't be any happier for the couple with the chemistry they've shown in the music video! What about you, do you like this pairing?

Stay tuned for any confirmation to come!

 

 

Byulyi banged on the gate. “I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE! COME OUT AND TALK TO ME!” She continued to bang the gate and pressed the doorbell repeatedly. “MRS. KIM!!!”

Mrs. Kim hurriedly made her way down the pathway to the gate, opened it and pulled Byulyi in. “What are you doing here? I thought I told you to not to come here?!” She glared at Byulyi, who now was quiet. “You’re lucky Yongsun isn’t here!”

Byulyi tried to calm herself down. “Is she dating?” She asked in her most calm but terrifying voice.

Mrs. Kim’s forehead furrowed. “What?”

Byulyi huffed and took her phone out, showing Mrs. Kim the article. “Is. She. Dating?”

Mrs. Kim tilted her head and put her hands on her waist. “This doesn’t concern you anymore, Byulyi.”

“ANSWER MY QUESTION!”

Mrs. Kim sighed and mumbled out of frustration.

“Yes. Yes, she’s dating that actor who starred in her music video.”

Byulyi gulped and shook her head. “You’re lying…” She took a step back, holding her head as it began to ache. Mrs. Kim looked at her in disbelief. “You asked me so I answered and you won’t believe me?”

Byulyi’s eyes began to water. “NO! YOU’RE LYING!” She screamed then ran out. She didn’t know why she even went there in the first place.

She was on her way to her apartment when she chanced upon the article while she was browsing on her phone. Next thing she knew was, she was on a cab on the way to the Kim’s residences. And now, after hearing the thing she never wanted to hear, she’s running away from it all.

 

 

That night, Byulyi was still in her apartment, sitting in front of her desk with the lamp on, a page from the notebook she’s always writing in was now almost filled as the pencil sink deeper at every against it. She’s writing again.

 

Her phone danced on the desk top.

 

Ahn Hyejin

Byul unni

 

Ahn Hyejin

How are you?

 

Ahn Hyejin

Wheein and I are worried. We know that by now you’ve seen the article.

 

Ahn Hyejin

Please let us. We’ll listen.

 

Ahn Hyejin

Drop the pen and pick the phone for once, unni

 

 

As soon as the phone stopped vibrating, the tip of her pencil broke. Byulyi snapped out of it and looked at what she was doing.

 

I love you. I love you. I love you.

 

That’s she was writing for the past hour. She blinked three times. She looked up and saw the picture frame on the desk; it was her and Yongsun’s picture from that photo booth in their last date.

Her eyes began to water again but she’s laughing.

“I’m a writer who lost her purpose.”

She looked at Yongsun in the picture. “Yongsun-ah…our story, how am I supposed to end it?” She took the picture frame into her hands. “I don’t want it to end…”

 

--- 끝 ----

 

 

 

note: idk the guy's name in the mv so i just used moon yul instead bc well...it was the first name that popped into my mind bc of uoay lol. and i didn't want to suggest anything by using a real artist's name. AND lol i did just copy the article format from various dating scandals' articles. hehe peace out

 

well that was some kdrama level cliche hehehe

anyway i hope u guys enjoyed it even if it was angsty :D

tho i think some things need explaining. so im thinking of writing yongsun's version/reply to this. we'll see. hehe.