Your Wedding

Songs About You

SONG: DBSDK/TVXQ - Why did I fall in love with you? (どうして君を好きになってしまったんだろう?)

 

---

 

“Byul unni, are you ready?” Wheein’s voice snapped Byul back into reality and she realizes that she has been out of it while standing in front of the mirror for a good ten minutes now.

“Huh? What?” Moonbyul managed to say in reflex, turning her head around to see Wheein by the door. “You didn’t hear me? I asked if you were ready because we’re starting in a few minutes.”

“I…” Moonbyul blinked and suddenly feels dry. Wheein seems to have noticed and nodded. She sighed and weakly smiled at the older girl. “You’re nervous, aren’t you?” She said, getting inside the waiting room, closing the door behind her. “It’s okay, unni. It’s normal, I guess. I understand” She said, sitting down on the couch. “I mean, marriage is not an everyday thing, right?”

Moonbyul turns around to face her and takes a deep breath. “Actually, it is. It’s just that it’s not every day you get attend or be in one.”

“Ahh, cocky. There’s my Byul unni.” Wheein smiles at Moonbyul once again. “You look handsome, no doubt about that, unni!” She said, flashing the older girl that eye smile of hers and of course, with the appearance of her dimple. “Now let’s go and show them how much of a lady killer you are!” She jolts up and walks towards the older girl, linking are ours.

Moonbyul looks at her, Wheein’s pointing towards the door using her head. “Let’s go?” Moonbyul’s insides have never felt so jumbled and so ed up before. Crap, I think I need to puke.

“Let’s go, unni. Before you puke or something.” Wheein says while practically pulling Moonbyul with her.

 

 

 

 

 

“Byul.”

“Yes, my dear Yongsun?” Moonbyul answers, and despite having her eyes closed, she could already tell that Yongsun’s rolling her eyes at her.

They were in their shared apartment and it was a lazy Sunday afternoon and they’re just on the couch watching horrible soap operas but nonetheless gets worked up when the main character does something stupid. Right now, though, Moonbyul’s trying to nap.

Yongsun reaches for the remote control and turns the TV off. “Do you think one day we’ll end up in front of the altar saying our vows and whatnot?” Yongsun suddenly asks and it made Moonbyul open her eyes. She thinks about it for a moment before looking at the older girl, smirking. “You know, if you wanted to propose to me you could’ve just asked me bluntly.” She knows it’s not what the older girl means, but it’s no fun to not .

But to Moonbyul’s surprise, she didn’t get hit nor did she get glared at by the one and only Yongsun. Yongsun just kept quiet.

“I…was kidding.” Moonbyul clears . “Anyway, whatever made you think about that?”

“Just answer the question?”

Moonbyul blinks and thinks about it seriously this time.

“I don’t know, Yongsun. I mean, it hasn’t crossed my mind. Marriage. You know and all that.” Moonbyul lies. She’s never thought of marrying, nor being in a relationship with a guy.

“Why not? You’re not getting any younger.”

Moonbyul leans back on the sofa. “What about you, you’re older than me?”

This time, Yongsun glares at Moonbyul and Moonbyul holds her hand up as if surrendering. Yongsun huffs and crosses her arms. “Honestly, I don’t know too, Byul.”

“Like, no one’s even coming up to me to flirt with me or something. Like, how do I find the one? Also, I can’t get married while thinking of you.”

Moonbyul raises an eyebrow at that. “What?”

“I don’t know. I just feel uncomfortable thinking about getting married and thinking of you. I’ve spent my whole life with you and suddenly I won’t anymore?” Yongsun lays herself down on the couch, her head on Moonbyul’s lap. “Anyway, enough about this. Massage my head.”

“But you’re the one who brought it up?”

“I said massage my head, Byulyi.” Yongsun says with a sterner voice.

“Yeah, yeah, alright, your majesty.”Moonbyul says before doing what she’s asked to do.

 

 

 

 

 

Moonbyul was by the altar already. The ceremony has already started. She gulps and all she wants to do is run to the bathroom and vomit. She scans the crowd, Wheein was waving her hand at her and did a ‘fighting’ as she mouthed the words ‘you can do this unni!’ to her.

She closes her eyes to calm herself. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this… she kept repeating those words in her head like some mantra. And suddenly a certain day replays in her mind;

 

 

 

 

 

“Wow, that’s good unni.” Wheein monotonously says. She’s clearly not surprised or shocked at what Moonbyul had just told her.

“I’m going to confess to Yongsun unni. Didn’t you hear me?” Moonbyul repeats.

Wheein nods but her eyes are still glued on her game. “Yep, heard you the first time. Maybe you didn’t hear me? I said that’s good unni.”

Moonbyul can’t believe it. Was Wheein expecting it all along or she just didn’t register the words correctly? Moonbyul sighs and walks over to the wall and unplugs the TV, where Wheein’s eyes was glued on while playing Mario Kart.

“WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!?!”

Moonbyul smiles. “Good, now I have your attention.” She goes back to the couch and sits beside Wheein. “I said I’m going to confess to Yongsun unni.”

Wheein glares at her before standing up to put her game aside. “Yes, I heard you the first and second time. Do I need to repeat what I said too? For the third time?”

Moonbyul raises an eyebrow. “You knew??”

Wheein shoots her an are-you-kidding-me look. “duh unni? it was pretty obvious. Even my friend Hyejin knew when she first met you two.”

Moonbyul’s eyes widened. “WHAT?!?!? WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS ONLY NOW?? WHAT IF YONGSUN ALREADY KNOWS?? OHMYGOD???!”

Wheein sighs and shakes her head. “Do you want beer? I think Hyejin left a few cans in the fridge.” But Moonbyul was still in shock. “Yep, you need beer. Stay here.” Wheein says, going to her kitchen.

“I don’t get it. How did you two know??” Moonbyul had her hands pulling her hair. “I did my best to suppress it??”

Wheein comes back, an opened can of beer in one hand and an unopened one in the other. She swiftly tosses the unopened one to Moonbyul when she sat down on the couch.

“I don’t know unni, it was pretty obvious to me.” Wheein says after taking a sip. “I just don’t know if Yongsun unni has a clue, I mean, you guys have been together since birth. She might’ve just pinned you down as her childhood best friend who is extremely touchy, greasy and her everything-mate.”

Moonbyul looks at Wheein in disbelief. “What???”

Wheien shrugs. “Yeah. As much as we can see you’re gay as hell, we not much sure about Yongsun unni. We’ve only see her being touchy and stuff with you and to no one else. Or should I say to no other girl?”

“Jung Wheein.”

Wheein takes another sip. “Or maybe she’s that type to be gay for only one person? I don’t know. But yeah, you should totes confess already. I mean, how many years has it been???”

“ you Wheein, that makes everything better! Ha-ha!”

Wheein raises her can. “You’re welcome.”

 

 

 

 

 

Yongsun’s sister came running down the aisle causing a commotion. She heads straight to the minister presiding today’s event. The minister raises an eyebrow at what Yongsun’s sister had just whispered to him.

People were already whispering and the irony is that they’re creating noise with just whispers.

“Are you sure?”

Yongsun’s sister nods.

The minister then nods and motions for her to go. Then he looks at the crowd before clearing his throat. “Everyone, I would like to apologize in behalf of the bride, as she still needs more time….Rest assured, we’ll commence this holy event once she’s ready.”

And it’s all Moonbyul needed. She didn’t waste any time, she just ran the hell out of there, looking for Yongsun. She knows Yongsun’s sister has lost Yongsun somewhere.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sup Byulyi.”

Moonbyul jumps in surprise, Yongsun wasn’t supposed to be at home right now. Let alone on the couch, upside down. “GSUZ YONGSUN! WTF?” Moonbyul exclaims and Yongsun just chuckles at her. “Not like you’re seeing me like this for the first time.”

“Whatever. Aren’t you supposed to be at work?” Moonbyul asks, she had just been caught by Yongsun sneaking back into their apartment when it’s just eleven in the morning.

“I should be asking the same to you too, then. What are you doing back?” Yongsun sits up from the couch.

“I…uhhh. You first?”

Yongsun chuckles before plainly saying. “I called in sick.”

Moonbyul raises an eyebrow and walks over to her, pressing the back of her hand on the older girl’s forehead. “Uhh but you’re not even sick?” She says, after a while, and sits beside Yongsun.

“Yeah, but my boss doesn’t know that.” Yongsun answers. “Now, why are you back? Even sneaking in when it’s broad daylight?”

Moonbyul scratches the back of her head. “Ehhh” Yongsun’s eyes widened. “Don’t tell me you got fired.”

“Ohmygod, no, Yongsun. That’s not it.” Moonbyul immediately says in defense. “Then what?”

“I took a leave from work.”

“What? Why? What for?”

Moonbyul stands up. “Just have to do some things. Don’t ask.” She says, patting Yongsun’s head. “What do you want for lunch?”

Yongsun smiles. “Whatever you’re having~”

 

 

 

 

 

“Godamnit Kim Yongsun! What are you doing?! It’s your wedding day for pete’s sakes?!!” Moonbyul shouts, she’s found Yongsun in the parking lot, starting the engine of her (Moonbyul’s) car. “AND THAT’S MY CAR HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO LEAVE THIS PLACE IF YOU’RE STEALING MY MEANS OF TRANSPO??!”

Yongsun pouts at her and she gets inside her own car and seats on the passenger seat. “Hitch a hike with Wheein, I suppose? I wasn’t going to steal it. I was just borrowing…”

“Why do you even have a key?!” Moonbyul asks. “You gave it to me, remember?” Yongsun answers.

Moonbyul shakes her head. “Yeah, I remember but why did you bring it today? Gods Yongsun. Where were you even planning to go?” Moonbyul was shouting and Yongsun was just quiet.

“Yongsun.” Moonbyul calls her.

“Yes?”

“You’re getting married today.”

“I know. , no need to remind me. Like, duh, I’m in a wedding dress??”

Moonbyul sighs. “Then why aren’t you in there?”

Yongsun pouts. “I’m nervous, Byul-ah.” She admits.

“Why are you in my car, attempting to leave?”

Yongsun chuckles. “I was going to go out for some ice cream…. thought it would help my nervousness. Hehe.”

Moonbyul face palms herself. She should’ve known. There was no way that Yongsun was going to be a runaway bride. “ing hell, Yongsun. You got everyone on their toes!”

Just then, Yongsun’s sister found them and opened the driver’s door. “KIM YONGSUN!!”

Yongsun sighs. “I know, I know. Damn, can’t I get some ice cream first?”

“What?” Yongsun’s sister is dumbfounded.

“I was going to buy some ice cream! Damn, I’m nervous, okay?”

Yongsun’s sister sighs and pulls her in for a hug. “I hate you! I thought you were going to run away from your own wedding!”

“Geez. Like I can, with you watching my every move? Come on, I just wanted some ice cream.” Yongsun answers and Moonbyul’s stomach start to hurt again.

Yongsun steps out of the car, Moonbyul takes the key before stepping out as well. “Well, I’ll go back inside and say you’re coming, okay?” Her sister says and Yongsun just nods. Moonbyul just wishes that she could leave already.

“Byul-ah~” Yongsun calls her.

“Hm?”

“Do I look beautiful?”

Moonbyul finds it hard to swallow her own saliva. “Y-yeah, you are.” She kind of stutters, so, she clears . “Don’t worry, princess.” She forces a smile at Yongsun.

Yongsun widely smiles at her. “I can’t believe I’m actually getting married.”

Yeah, me too…

Yongsun links their arms together. “Let’s go?” Moonbyul swallows hard before removing Yongsun’s grip on her. “Actually, you go on ahead. I think I’ll stay here.”

Yongsun’s forehead creases. “What? Why?”

“Not feeling well. My stomach’s acting funny all of a sudden. Have Wheein cover for me.”

Yongsun pouts. “Go now, Yongsun.” Or I won’t be able to let you go ever. “Go. I’ll be alright.” Please, just go…

Yongsun hesitates for a while, she’s frowning. “Are you sure?” Moonbyul nods. Yongsun sighs. “Okay…promise me you’ll be okay?” Moonbyul nods again and Yongsun weakly smiles at her. “Alright. Don’t forget to show your face in the reception, or else.” Moonbyul chuckles. “Yeah, yeah. I won’t miss the food”

Yongsun nods and pulls Moonbyul closer for a hug. “I love you, dork.”

“I love you too. Now go be someone’s wife.” Yongsun kisses her cheek then hugs her tight, lingering longer than Moonbyul could take. “Hey…” Moonbyul says, almost in a whisper. “You’ve got a we-“

“Shut up, Byulyi.”  Yongsun hushes her. Moonbyul shuts and hugs Yongsun back.

 

“I can’t believe you never said anything.” She heard Yongsun mumble. “…What?”

“And I hate you for that, Moon Byulyi.” Yongsun adds and breaks their hug and looks at her, teary eyed. “What did I do this time?”

“You never confessed to me.” Yongsun says and Moonbyul’s eyes widened. “W-what? How did you know??”

“Pabo. I’ve always known.”

“Yongsun, I-“

“Shut up. Do you still have feelings for me?” Moonbyul can’t seem to find her voice. “Scratch that, I’m rephrasing it. Do you still love me?”

“Yongsu-“

“Just answer the question, Byul-ah.”

Moonbyul gulps. “I do…but that won’t change anything. You’re getting married, Yongsun.”

Yongsun huffs. “This is an arranged marriage, Byul.” Moonbyul’s eyes widened again. “WHAT?!” Yongsun nods. “I did see him for six months but I had no say in this. I never wanted to get married in the first place.”

Moonbyul doesn’t know how to take in all this.

“What do you say, Byul-ah? I mean, my sister’s already inside waiting and we could just go ahead and drive away now. I don’t really care anymore, I already told them all this before.”

Moonbyul looks at her and Yongsun smiles at her. “So, do you wanna ruin my wedding day or not, Byul?”

 

 

[END]

 

 

 

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE lol and wow, i have no idea how i came up with this...um im sorry lol! i just had fun and stuff idk LOL anyway thank you for reading:))) im trying to finish part 2 of that wheebyul shot~ look forward to it :D