No Longer My Favourite.

Just Another Complicated Story

"You....YOU WHAT!?" I practically screamed in Hara's face.

"Well, I got Key's number and confessed to him." Hara repeated her sentence and shrugged her shoulders. 

Darn, Hara is always this rash. She never ever thinks about the consequences, like how people will spread rumours about her, how people will ostracise her, how the fangirls of Key will hate her. Most importantly, she did not think about her best friend who likes Key.

Wait, who am I trying to kid? Hara does not even know that I like Key, for goodness sake! Why am I always so timid? If I like someone, I should just confess or something, but being the darn me, I have no courage! I'm not like Hara, I have no courage to tell others that I like someone, I have no courage to reject Jinwoon, I have no courage to tell Hara I love the person she likes and lastly, I have no courage to tell Key I actually like him.

"Hara, where do you get your courage from?" I asked, almost whispering.

"I don't know. I just feel that if I like someone, I got to confess or else, other people might just steal what I love away from me. What's wrong?" Hara told me.

I shook my head. Hara was right. I was stupid. I was foolish. What's the point of liking someone when I do not even take the first step? All I'll end up with will be tears, heartbreak and depression.

On the other hand, Hara, she will always get what she wants because she knows that she'll win the world over by fighting for it herself bravely, courageously.

We are best friends, but we are worlds apart. 

~ ~ ~

"Oh My Gawd!!!! Congratulations Hara! I heard about the news!" Gyuri ran to us and started to shake Hara's hand agitatedly.

I was totally baffled. What happened?

"Why are you congratulating Hara?" I queried.

"Nicole, you outdated girl! Don't you know? It's all over the school! Hara...IS NOW KEY'S GIRLFRIEND!" Gyuri screamed the last few words.

Many thoughts ran through my head. Key has a girlfriend now. A girlfriend. The girlfriend is my best friend. My best friend, Goo Hara. I feel betrayed, even when she does not know I like Key. I got to get out of here before I start tearing. I need to get under the tree. The tree I used to hang out in. I need to NOW.

"Uh...m-my stomach's hurting! I-I'll be at the toilet." I lied and ran away.

I held back my tears. I can't cry now because people will suspect. I'm sure they will.

I ran and ran to my favourite old tree. I hugged it and let my tears flow freely. It is only when I am under this big tree that I could be myself. The girl who loves Key. The girl who had just fallen out of love a few minutes ago.

I'm not sure how long I have been crying for, but I'm sure it has been pretty long. Everyone has left the school garden and went back to their classrooms already. I wiped my tears and leaned against the big old tree, with my head down.

Then, I heard footsteps heading towards me. I looked up. There stood Key.

"Guess I should not be disturbing you, but you might need this." He said in his mesmerising deep voice and put out his hand, which held a packet of tissue.

I lifted my hands and was about to take it, but dropped my hand down afterwards.

"No thank you." I heartbreakingly replied, coldly. 

Guess what I did next? I ran away, leaving Key just there. Facing him was too much of a pain. I do not want to see him again. I do not want him to help me again.

If I do, I will never be able to forget about him and move on.

I want to leave memories about him just under that big tree.

And for one thing I'm sure of, I will not be returning to that big tree ever again.

 

I'm sorry you used to be my favourite.

~ ~ ~

A/N; Sorry I have not been updating and I am so sorry that when I updated, it had to be a sad one. However, I don't know why but all I'm feeling is the sourness of love in my heart. Don't ask me why either because I don't know :( Enjoy my update though, I'll be waiting for your comments