A Kiss That Causes Frustration

Just Another Complicated Story

A/N: Just another short reminder, this story is written in Nicole's Point Of View! :) Enjoy the story!

~ ~ ~

  It’s been days after I’ve heard the piece of gossip and it has spread like fire among the entire cohort. Now, I’m the centre of attention in the school. Wow. Just a few days ago, I’m just another high school girl worrying about my results. Now, I’m getting everyone’s attention like I am an eight-eyed alien. How ironic. I really dislike the attention I’m receiving now.

  “You mean SHE’s the girl Jinwoon-oppa likes? She is so plain looking. How can Jinwoon-oppa fall for her?” I overheard a schoolmate saying. How offensive. Am I that bad?

  “YAH! You girls are talking bad about my good buddy here? You guys feel like dying or what!?” Gyuri shouted out.

  The girls immediately kept quiet and scurried away. Gyuri had some power and status in our school . Her father was one of the biggest shareholders of the school. After all, the school I attended was a prestigious school for the rich and talented. Well, my family was sort of rich...

  I looked at Gyuri and asked her, “Gyuri, all this nonsense has got to stop. I want my normal life back. Exactly how did this rumour come about?”

  Gyuri twirled her hair around a finger and pursed her lips together. She gave it a thought and then replied, “Well, I don’t know...could it be Jinwoon himself who spread the rumour?”

  That’s a possibility. I immediately ran off to look for Jinwoon, leaving Gyuri over there, frantically calling for me to stop running, but I’m not listening to her this time. I need to find Jinwoon and clear all misunderstandings.

  I took a deep breath upon reaching his classroom. The entire classroom was filled with boys, Jinwoon’s clique. After all, it was after class and many people had gone home. So, the only people left in the classroom were them. Thank goodness Jinwoon hasn’t left! But, wouldn’t it be awkward for me to just step in like that?

  Just as I was making a decision on whether to knock on the door or not, the door suddenly opened and revealed Jinwoon! Good! Just the right person!

  Jinwoon showed his famous eye-smile and greeted me cheerfully, “Hi Nicole, I’ve noticed that you have been standing here for quite a long time already! If you’re looking for anyone, just come in! We’ll always welcome you!”

   He pulled me into the classroom with tremendous force. I looked up and saw eight pair of eyes staring at me in surprise. Thanks a lot, Jinwoon, for putting me in this awkward situation.

  I took another deep breath and turned towards Jinwoon, trying to ignore all the stares I was receiving (but hey, Key was staring at me too!).

  “There was no need to pull me in here. I just wanted to have a small talk with you, Jinwoon-oppa.” I sighed. I called him oppa as it was a form of respect for him.

  But this Jinwoon has a cloud over his head! He did not realise the irritation in my voice and instead, thought I was just being polite. Bummer.

  “Oh, Nicole-ah! Its really ok, you don’t have to be so polite! My friends and I are real happy to make friends! Drop by anytime! By the way, what did you want to talk to me about?” Jinwoon innocently said.

  “Can I um...talk to you in private?” I asked, hoping he would get the hint that what I was going to tell him was strictly private and confidential but no, the innocent and simple-minded Jinwoon, just did not understand.

  “Nicole-ah, there’s no need to talk in private! Don’t worry, my buddies here are all great at keeping secrets. You can just tell me here!” Jinwoon replied.

  I did a facepalm. He just doesn’t get it, does he?

  I was about to give up and just walk out with my head hung low when somebody spoke up for me.

  “Jinwoon, when she wants to talk to you in private, she wants to talk to you in PRIVATE! So just go with her, ok?”

  I looked up. It was Key! He spoke up for me! I feel HONOURED! Yes! My crush spoke up for me! I am so happy I smiled foolishly and started to giggle.

  When I finally got to my senses again, I heard Jinwoon reply Key.

  “Hyung!  It’s troublesome! Why must we go out to say when we can just talk here?” Jinwoon showed his aegyo which made his friends feel disgusted. Actually, I felt disgusted too but more of furiousness. This Jinwoon person! Is he an idiot or what? I want to talk to him in private because what I want to tell him is a sensitive topic! Will he ever get it or not?

  “Nicole, speak your mind! I’m listening!” Jinwoon have me his freaking retarded smile.

  My eyes blazed with anger. I am so not giving a damn about it anymore! I shall just SAY IT if that’s what he wants!

  “YAH! JINWOON, WHAT’S WITH THIS RUMOUR ABOUT YOU AND ME HUH? I DON’T KNOW HOW THE HECK THIS RUMOUR CAME ABOUT SO DO YOU MIND TELLING ME? THIS IS AS FREAKING IRRITATING AS A PIG WHO SNORES LOUDLY WHEN IT SLEEPS!” I shouted out loud in fury, only realising what I have said in the last sentence only after it came out of my mouth.

  The whole group of boys started laughing and teasing me about my example of the pig. I blushed, feeling embarrassed. How could I have used such an example? I must be a babo! How can I sound so crude in front of Key!?

  Oh right, Key! I turned to take a peek at him and found him chuckling like a kid. Wow, I guess I am pretty funny and retarded.

  I turned back to look at Jinwoon, who suddenly became very serious. He did not laugh at the pig. Oops, maybe I just angered him by shouting at him. I’m. In. Trouble. If. This. Spreads. Out.

    I shut my eyes tightly, feeling remorse. I SHOULD NOT HAVE APPROACHED HIM AT ALL! I mean, obviously he does not like me. I am a freaking normal and average student, not good in anything. Why would he like me? Because I’m rich? No, not a big possibility. This school is filled with rich people who are much more...

  My thoughts were interrupted. My mind was now void. I felt a peck on my cheek. It was from Jinwoon. My mind could not process what has just happened. Why did he do that? I don’t know. He did that in front of my crush. He did that in front of Key.

  KEY! Key just saw the kiss? Oh no! What would he think of me then?

  I quickly swerved my head to where he was sitting. He was looking at me, expressionless for a moment. Then, he announced, “I need a breather.”

  He walked out after that. I sighed and faced Jinwoon with a glare.

  “What was that for?” I asked coldly. This Jinwoon guy, really feels like dying, huh?

  “ I like you.” Jinwoon replied simply and shrugged.

  So this rumour was real? So someone would actually fall for me? The girl who hated boys more then anything? Wow, but sorry Jinwoon, you have just gotten on the top of my blacklist.

  I screamed in frustration and stalked off. I needed some time alone.

~ ~ ~

A/N: I've only written a chapter and there are already 7 subscribers! Enjoy the chapter and comment! :)