The Start of All Complications

Just Another Complicated Story

“W…What was it again?” I stammered.

  I think I have just heard the most heartbreaking statement I ever had the displeasure of hearing. I can’t believe this.

  Hara sighed and repeated her words, “I, Goo Hara, have fallen for Key. He’s my next target! By the way, in case you don’t know who he is, Key is that cute guy from the opposite class! Gosh, he is so freaking hot!”

  That is totally Hara’s style. Goo Hara, my best friend and the well-known playgirl in the school we attend. We form a clique together with this tall and beautiful girl called Park Gyuri and she is…

  WAIT A MINUTE! JUST WAIT A MINUTE!

  We are drifting away from the topic, so LET’S GET BACK TO IT!

  Key!? Key Kim Ki Bum!? Hara is in love with my secret crush? I mean, seriously, out of the four thousand boys in our school, she has to like Key!? Gosh, my life is full of drama.

  “But key’s not that cool! He’s…proud and arrogant! He’s not worth your love!” I tried to discourage Hara, but she just rolled her eyes.

  “ Come on! If you like someone, you have to accept him for whoever he is! I bet you would not understand! After all, after that guy left you, you swore not to like any other guy…”

  Oh. Right. I forgot. I swore that I would not like any boys any more or I will wear a pair of three-inch pumps for one month three years ago, but come on! I am a teenager! Teenagers fall in love, right? Oh whatever, I am not going to tell the truth just yet.

  “Let’s just…go to class.” I suggested, forcing a smile.

  Hara and I walked down the corridor when I suddenly felt a strong aura around me. I smiled at the familiarity of it and nudged Hara.

  “Here comes your prince charming!” I whispered to her and smirked while we continued to walk.

  True to my “predictions”, we came face to face with Key and his clique. As if by cue, my face changed to a stern expression and I walked past them quickly, that’s what I always do. However, Hara simply froze there in the middle of the corridor like an idiot, blocking the group of boys.

  I sighed and turned back. I pulled Hara away, gave the boys an apologetic smile and giggled a little before walking away. Guess what? I felt a stare behind me. Could it be Key staring at me? Heheh. I hope so…

  "AHHHHHH! Goo Hara! Nicole Jung!" Someone shrieked at the other end of the corridor. Everyone turned to look at us as we walked down the corridor as quickly as possible, covering our faces with our books. How embarrassing, getting the attention of the whole cohort. I am so going to kill Park Gyuri later for getting us into this mess! That attention seeker!

  "Yah! Wait up! Goo Hara! Nicole Jung!" Gyuri shouted again. AISH! Someone just shut ! Its getting annoying! However, we still waited for her, or else she'll scream even more.

  "Make way for goddess Gyuri! DID YA HEAR ME? MAKE WAY!" Gyuri shouted once again. Everybody moved to the two sides and left an aisle, even Key and his friends. Woah! Even though you are annoying at times, I'll have to admire you for being able to do that.

  Gyuri walked down the aisle to us as people stared at her in awe. Yes, she is beautiful, really beautiful. She could be one of the school queenkas, but she doesn't care really much about being popular. She likes being with us commoners.

  Finally, she stood in front of us and clung onto our hands. Then, we started walking to the classrooms while the rest of the students just went back to do their own stuff.

  "Yah, you guys! Why didn't you wait for me? You totally should have because I have like, lots of news to tell you guys about, you know! Do you know that Minho is now going out with Krystal's sister, Jessica? Oh my gosh! How could he do that? Doesn't he know that Krystal likes him a lot? That jerk, I am so...." So. Gyuri fills us in with the latest gossips and we block them out, as usual,as we  continued walking to our classroom.

  After what seemed like an eternity, Gyuri suddenly became quiet. I looked at her, surprised. She never stops talking.

  "What's wrong?" I asked her, puzzled.

  She took a deep breath and replied, "Actually, I have another gossip to spill but I'm hesitant about it."

  "Why?"

  " It has something to do with you..."

  I looked at her puzzled. Me? Serious? I've never been gossiped by before. I am just a commoner, average in homework, no great looks, bad in sports. How can there be anything about me that is worth talking about?

  " Spill." I ordered Gyuri to.

  " Jinwoon...Jinwoon from the opposite class likes you." Gyuri said with pauses in between.

  Jinwoon!? Jinwoon as in Key's best friend? He likes me? So he was the one staring at me just now, not Key? Oh Gosh. What kind of situation is this? My best friend likes my crush, my crush's best friend likes me.

  Now things are going to get real complicated. How nice.