movie date

180° GIRL - EXTRA -

So what happened to Chorim and Jin's movie date (chapter 60)? I did start writing it so it was meant to happen but then a Goblin episode aired and had a very similar scenario so I didn't want to make it seem like I was copying the drama! Hahahaha. Anyway, I feel half-half about leaving the movie part out. It would have been nice for the Jin/Chorim moment to happen but I enjoyed the direction the published chapter took. 
 



“I’ll let you pick a movie.” Jin gave her his credit card and grinned widely.
“Didn’t you say you had a movie you want to see?” Chorim tilted her head to the side. 
“I lied,” Jin rubbed the back of his neck and looked away with guilt, “I just wanted to see you.”
The poor girl knew she would never be able to get used to Jin saying such a cheesy line. Before he could catch sight of her cheeks turning a delicate shade of pink, Chorim grabbed the card and spun around. When she was done getting the tickets, she ran over to Jin who was in line to buy popcorn and drinks, and playfully bumped into him before hugging his arm. 
“What movie did you pick?” Jin asked curiously, wondering what sort of movies Chorim liked to watch. He would have enjoyed whatever it was that she chose anyway because he wasn't really there to see a movie but rather to spend time with Chorim. Romance, comedy, action, sci-fi - he was ready for almost everything.
“You’ll see.”

Chorim loves horror films. Even though she gets startled easily in real life, horror films don’t scare her one bit. That’s why she thought choosing ‘The Dead Bride’ was perfect for their movie date. It was the perfect excuse for her to pretend to be scared and get closer to Jin, who she assumed could handle horror films. When they were in the theatres, Chorim should have sensed something was wrong when she saw how pale Jin had become as soon as the trailers for other horror movies started playing whilst they sat side by side. Chorim was really excited when he naturally held onto her hand, thinking he was trying to be romantic, but that was until he started squeezing it tightly because he was so nervous. The movie had begun and Chorim placed her other hand on top of his hand. She then leaned in and whispered, “I can’t really watch horror films but if it’s with you, I think I'll be okay.”
Jin let out a shaky laugh and shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth with a trembling hand. From his eyes, you can tell he was really debating whether he should stay or ditch his pride and leave the theatre. Chorim could barely concentrate on the movie, busy appreciating how warm Jin was. Ah, I'm so close to him...I can even smell his cologne... As a horror movie veteran, Chorim sensed a jumpscare was about to happen and readied herself. Not that they weren't physically close enough already but she knew playing the naive and easily scared card would be a killer move. Just as she was about to fake a scream, Jin let out a high-pitched scream instead and threw the popcorn bucket up into the air.