DAY 29: Karaoke night

너와 함께 [30 day otp challenge]

a/n:  the last chapter tomorrow, can you believe? this month passed so fast to me ;; it's actually the "write what you want" chapter, so if you have any requests - write it in the comments! i'll be happy to write it for you.
also i did a thing on my twitter, and it's called "jigyu modern romeo&juliet au thread". you can check it out ^^


 The karaoke rooms were definitely too small to fit 13 people. And yet, they insisted on going there together, so now they were crowding in a noraebang, Seungkwan and Seokmin trying to hit the high notes of Berry Good’s Angel, Hansol and Junhui arguing over the last place on the couch, Minghao and Jeonghan making out in a corner, Wonwoo making a bet with Seungcheol and Mingyu on who’s better at rapping.

They decided to make a competition to verify who’s the best rapper out of them. They’ve chosen the songs, and right after Seungkwan and Seokmin finished, they started.

They were all actually really good. Wonwoo had his low voice, Seungcheol definitely felt the rhythm and Mingyu’s words were really fast. Hansol joined them too, leaving everyone in awe.

“So, who’s the winner?” the oldest said, looking at the others.

“So it’s over?” Chan asked. Seungcheol frowned.

“Uh, yeah, why?”

The youngest pouted.

“I wanted to participate too. And Jihoon-hyung said something about Mingyu having a ty pronounciation, and that he could do it better.”

Mingyu looked at his boyfriend in disbelief.

“Really, Jihoon? Really?”

“Yeah, really.”

There was tension between them, as the older got up from the couch (he took the place Hansol and Junhui were arguing about earlier) and Wonwoo passed him the microphone.

They’d chosen him a song. Mingyu insisted on something fast, “because Jihoon should show himself off if he’s so confident.”

They exchanged a look, and it was almost like the sparks flied between them. But not this good kind of sparks, not this “love-is-in-the-air” kind. No. It was challenging. “Don’t-think-you-can-do-it-better-than-me” kind.

The song started playing. Jihoon tightened his grip on the microphone.

Three and a half minute later it was clear he aced the song, leaving Mingyu and most of their friends speechless. Jihoon looked at his boyfriend triumphantly.

“See?”

They all looked at Mingyu, to see how he would cope with defeat. Would he go out? Would he be angry? Would he cry? What would he do?

But Mingyu didn’t look very sad.

“Marry me,” he said finally, after nearly suffocating silence.

The older smirked.

“Sorry babe, I asked this question first. And, if I remember correctly, you agreed.”

“What?!” Soonyoung screeched and then the rest of the boys roared, or so it appeared as, as they all started screaming and congratulating them and asking “when? how? but you don’t have a ring?” and other similar questions.

Only Chan didn’t take part in this.

“I guess I’m not participating in their contest anymore,” he sighed and took out his phone to occupy himself with something. He also snapped a picture of himself with everyone else in the background.

I hate these hyungs, he wrote as the caption and he published it on his snapchat story.