Chapter 4

I Hate You Kim Taehyung!

Our last class was Food Tech, unfortunately for me. Cooking and baking was never my forte. Okay, scrap that, I completely arse at it. No matter what I do, something or the other ended up on fire or burnt. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I could cut some vegetables and I'd burn the whole kitchen down. 

"Okay, class, today we'll be doing a simple red velvet cake with frosting, it's pretty easy, the recipe is written up on the board, and the ingredients are set up for you on the table. If you have any questions, feel free to ask." My new teacher announces and then resumes tapping away on her phone. 

20 minutes later, I have a lumpy cake in the oven (is it supposed to be green?) and start on chopping some white chocolate to sprinkle on top of the frosting. 

"So, Yuri, do you have a boyfriend?" Taehyung suddenly asks me out of the blue.

"What? Aww, have you fallen for me already? I know, I'm irresistible." I chuck my hair dramatically over my shoulder and nudge him.

"Yah! I hate you! I'm just...curious. I was just wondering if someone could love someone as annoying as you." He shrugs.

"Haha." I laugh sarcastically. "I'm so -CRAP!" 

"I mean, I know that and all but you don't have to say it outright. It makes me feel bad for you." Taehyung says stupidly. 

"Oh my god, I'm bleeding! Ow! Help!" I exclaim to Taehyung, I wasn't paying attention while I was chopping my chocolate. 

"What? You're such an idiot!" He flicks my forehead and then takes my finger. "It's pretty deep. Miss! I'm taking Yuri to the infirmary, she cut herself." Without waiting for a response he drags me along with him, still telling me how big of an idiot I was.

The nurse was a jolly lady who tutted at cut and  started cleaning it up. I tried not to look at it, I really hated blood. 

"Hey, just look at me okay?" He takes my hand gently, surprising me.

I try to look at him, but I just ended up blushing and looking at the wall instead. I practically crush his hand since I didn't expect the stinging sensation all of a sudden. 

"There! All done, sweetie. Go back to class now, you two, but be careful little miss!" She patted my back and then shooed us out. 

We made it back in no time since Taehyung suddenly started speed walking, muttering about me wasting his time. It wasn't until we got to class that I realised we were still holding hands. Tiffany (and the rest of the class) zeroed in on our hands and I could tell she wasn't a happy camper. I snatched it away and he looked at me weirdly.

"You-you smell!" I stutter and rush back to my seat. 

"Why, oh, why was I stuck with the biggest idiot in the world?" He grumbled as he took a seat next to me.

"I could say the same thing." I retort and rest my head down until I hear the bell ring, signalling the end of school. 

I grab my bag and bolt out of the door and was about to leave until I remembered.

Taehyung was my ride home.

Great.

*****

I sit by the school gates, swinging my legs while Tiffany and Taehyung are talking. Again. 

I wasn't jealous, I mean, I found Taehyung attractive and all, but I didn't really like him. 

I just wanted to go home so I could take off my bra and watch old episodes of Boys Over Flowers. I idly play on my phone, going on Weibo to look through my new posts. 

"Oh, you're still here?" I hear someone say in front of me.

I look up, slightly irritated from having had to wait for the two lovebirds to wrap up their little conversation. 

"Ah, no need to be so excited." I mutter sarcastically and jump off the wall. "You finally finished, lovebird?"

"Can we just go? I don't want to stay here with you." He says coldly, brushing past me. 

"Ditto." I snap back.