Chapter 1

I Hate You Kim Taehyung!

Seoul, it had been so long since I've been back, I've missed it. When I was 6 I moved away to London because of my dad's business promotion, it's been 10 years. 

I did grow to love London and it's slightly gloomy weather and cold rain, but Korea was my home. 

The train hummed quietly as we passed through the scenery. There weren't that many people on the train luckily, so I found a seat easily. I hugged my huge blue backpack as I stifled a yawn. The plane flight was nearly 11 hours and there was a baby wailing the whole way.

I hate children. 

All right maybe not hate. But they're just little things that like to stare at you for creepily long times and crap their pants constantly. But anybody who takes away my beauty sleep is already on my bad list, which is why mum is on the top of that. 

My family left London 2 days earlier than me, because my dad had an urgent meeting about his new project (which was the whole reason we even moved back to London.) but I still had some stuff to do. Say my goodbyes to my friends, teachers, but gifts, and just soak in the fact that I was going back. I'm 16 now though, turning 17 soon, so I was responsible to fly back on my own. 

The train shook slightly, snapping me out of my thoughts. It was my stop. 

The familiarity of the bustling amount of people and the smell of fried food was comforting. I tightened the strap of my backpack and walked off with my converse clad feet and determined smile. 

I wonder what Seoul will bring for me.

*****
The second I enter the Bubble Cafe, somebody yells my name.

"Yuri? Bae Yuri?!" A girl with short black hair and a checkered apron flies out from behind the counter. "It's me! Chae Eunbi!" 

Recognition flashes through my face as she envelops me in a warm hug. Chae Eunbi, my best friend from childhood, the girl who slept over all the time, the girl who once made me shoot chocolate milk out of nose from laughing too hard, the girl who had known all my secrets.

"Uh.." I muffle out. "Eunbi, it's so amazing to see you, but you're kinda crushing my lungs here."

"Ah! I'm so sorry, Yuri!" Eunbi apologised but then immediately scolded me. "Why didn't you call me? I missed you so much!"

"I may have accidentally lost your phone number on the airplane the day we left." I scratch my head sheepishly and smile.

"You're still such a clutz!" Eunbi pokes me cheek playfully. "Come on, I'll treat you to bubble tea and ice cream. Green tea ice cream and milk bubble with coffee jelly is still your favourite, right?"

"Of course." I roll my eyes but secretly smile at the fact that she still remembered. 

I take a seat at one of the cute little booths and watch Eunbi as she rushes around filling up cups and taking orders. She was always really pretty, and she still is. When we were young she used to have waist length hair but now it's brushing her jaw, and I can tell she's gotten into makeup from her heavy eye look. 

I'm awkwardly patting my my dark brown hair in an effort to smooth them down when Eunbi plops down opposite me with tea and ice cream. 

Yes.

"So you're back for good?" Eunbi asks me straight away.

"Yup, I am. You can't get rid of me." I smile, and stop inhaling my ice cream. "I'm back. For good."

"What school are you gonna be going to?" 

"Royal Seoul Academy."

"Oh. The rich kids school." Eunbi laughs but it feels a little forced. 

"What about you?"

"Seoul Public School. My mum did want to send me to the academy but money's kinda tight for my family these days. That's why I have to work here now." She gestures around her. "I did apply for a scholarship, but I was never the smart one. You were."

"Oh." I say lamely.

"Anyways," Eunbi perks up again. "Tell me, did you find a boyfriend yet? A hot British boy?" 

"No.." I pout. "I did go out with a couple of guys here and there, but nobody really caught my eye." 

"Ah, really? The guys must of been all over you though! I mean, your rich, pretty and smart. What's not to like?" She exclaims in shock. "Then again, you were always more of a tomboy."

"Shut up! What about you, then? Any guys? Secret boyfriends? They'll have to get my approval first." I tease.

A pink flush falls over her face and she suddenly looks bashful.

"Oh my god. Really?!" I open my mouth. I didn't think she had a boyfriend, I was just kidding. But I was happy for her. "That's great Eunbi!"

"No, no!" Eunbi waved her hands frantically. "I just like this guy.. He's looks like an angel, whenever I see him my heart goes thump, and there's something about him that draws me to him. He's smart and talented, plus he's super wealthy. But.. He's just so out of my league."

"What's his name?" I'm curious.

"I don't know," She shrugs. "He's never told me in all the times he's come in. I know, it's weird for me to already like a guy even though we haven't talked, but it just feels right. He goes to your school actually."

"Ah, how cute! Make sure to invite me to your wedding! Ugh, I can't believe how long it's been." I sigh and suddenly feel really nostalgic. 

Ping!

Mum: Yuri! Have you got of the plane yet? Are you alive?

Me: No I died and this is my ghost speaking. Hi.

Mum: Haha you're HILARIOUS. Come home already! We all miss you a lot. 

Me: AWW MUM I MISS YOU TOO!

Mum: Oh and buy cake on your way home. We forgot..

Me: ._. 

"I'm really sorry, Eunbi, I need to go home. I just got of my flight from London and I totally forgot that I was supposed to go straight home." I stand up and hug her. We exchange numbers and I promise to call her soon.

I'm humming happily to myself, sipping my bubble tea and reading a new manga. It was just getting to the , when suddenly I crashed into someone. My sticky tea explodes onto his designer clothes and shoes.

Uh.

"I'm so sorry! I really wasn't looking where I was going." I bow and apologise. "This is my fault. I'll be pay you back for your clothes."

The tall boy looks down at me with pure distaste, like I'm the dirt beneath his feet, and slowly slides off his gold headphones. 

Hm, I'm suddenly not feeling as attracted to him anymore. His cold chocolate brown eyes would be quite beautiful, if they weren't burning holes into my head. His pink lips are curved into a deep scowl, unfortunately directed at me. In fact, I would find him insanely attractive if it weren't for his face. 

The guy looks at me expectantly like he's waiting for me to do something.

"What are you waiting for?" He says in a cold tone.

I raise an eyebrow. "I don't know. What am I waiting for?"

"If you're really sorry, get down and my shoes." He smirks and I feel an instant wave of disgust. 

"What are you? Some cheap knock off of Gu Jun-Pyo?" I narrow my eyes. "I apologised, is it money you want?" I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my pink wallet. "How much do you want, knock off?" 

"Do you not know who I am?" He looks taken aback.

"Does this face look like I know, or care to find out?" I gesture to my face, which was increasingly starting to look more angry. Needless to say, I had a pretty short temper.

Mr Snob actually opens his mouth in shock and then starts laughing. 

"There's no way." He mutters.

I think he's gone crazy. 

After shoving a couple of bills into his hand, I give him one last look of disgust before I turn on my heel and start to walk away. 

I feel his hand grab my wrist and yank me back hard.

"Hey! Wait! You need to apologise! I don't want your filthy money!" 

""What-" I start angrily and turn back. 

I trip over his shoes and grab him in an automatic response. I close my eyes in surprise and I feel something warm and soft against my lips. I snap my eyes open. The stupid guy managed to fall perfectly onto me and he stole my first kiss! I thought these types of cliché things only happened in K Dramas!

"YAH! You- you IDIOT! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?" I don't know who you are but stay away from me you ert!" I yell loudly. I push him off of me and I bolt away faster than I ever have.

*****
I arrive home half an hour later with a chocolate cake and a thoroughly pissed off face.

"Ah! Miss Yuri! It's lovely to see you. Was your flight good?" My maid Mai asks me enthusiastically. "Bad day?" 

"Kind of..." I give her a tired smile. "Where's my mum?" 

"In the kitchen. She insists on making dinner herself, even though all the maids have offered to help her."

I thank her and head over to our gigantic kitchen. My mum is there with her hair chucked up into a bun and a flowery apron on, and she still manages to look classy. She's got at least 6 different pots and pans on the stoves and a bunch of vegetables scattered over the table.

"Yuri? Is that you?" She calls, not turning around.

"Yeah.. I bought the cake. Mum you should really let Mai help you, your going to get grey hairs from the stress." I laugh and set down the box. I embrace my mum and she smells familiarly of roses.

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" She waves her hand at me stubbornly. "Mai! Can you please call down Hyeji and Jin for dinner? We'll have a nice dinner, as a family. We missed you sweetie."

I flop down at the dining table and push the box of cake to the side.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow? You'll have to get up quite early. Oh, and I forgot, I asked one of my old friend to get her son to take you to school, they actually live next door. You'll be in the same class so he'll show you around. I really hope you guys will get along!" My mum continues.

"Mmhm." I give an absentminded nod, more focused on the delicious plates of food my mum was setting down. 

"Yuuuriiiii wait for us to eat!" Hyeji, my 5 year old sister bounds into the living room with my dad closely behind her. "I missed youuuu!" 

"It's good to see you, princess. It was quiet without you." My dad lifts me up in the air like a feather.

"Dig in!" 

We don't need to be told twice. Our family is kind of known for our huge appetites. We wolf down dinner in no time, even Hyeji takes after us. 

"Dish ish soooo delichous honey!" My dad says with his mouth full. 

"At least swallow your food, Jin! You're teaching Hyeji bad habits." My mum scolds him.

"Look! Look!" My little sister opens up so we can all see the half eaten rice and cabbage.

"EWW!" I yell. "Hyeji, that's so disgusting!" 

Obviously, she ignores my comment and instead inches even closer to me. 

"You're such a little brat!" I tickle her so she ends up rolling onto the floor as a ball of giggles. 

My mum and dad just laugh fondly since me and my little sister are always bickering.

Mai and the other maids insist on cleaning up so we all go upstairs to stay out of their way. I pick up Hyeji and poke her cheek. "Goodnight you little poop." 

She just sticks her tongue out in response and runs off. 

"Goodnight mum and dad! See you tomorrow morning." I yawn sleepily and slide into my new room. 

I quickly shower and get changed into my comfy pyjamas and flop into a sweet sleep.

It was good to be home.