Excellent Actors - part 4

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Cut!! Excellent everyone!!"

It's heard loud and clear, a loud cheer is heard. Everyone is shouting, laughing, approaching anyone near exchanging hug. Confetti is thrown to the sky along with the loud and numerous 'congratulation' and 'well done'. The night seems to be bright because of everyone's smile and happiness. It is finally over. This is the last screen taken. It's a wrap. No more lack of sleep, no more reading till late at night, no more sleeping around the set, no more eating any food in irregular time. It's done. But among the cheers and laughters, Jaejoong is still standing there like a statue, holding the hand he'll miss the most.

It's a good bye.

Of course the will have many events ahead, but there's no more room for the roles they both played. Maybe they'll be asked to reenact some of them, but there will be boundaries. There'll be no more sweet cuddle times, exchanging goodnight pecks, no more kisses, his time to be his lover is ended here. He knows it is not right, it's supposed to be just acting, but for Jaejoong it's his love journey, an illegal one, but he has put that mind away long time ago. He has thrown away his logic and self Consciousness. He has decided that it's okay. He doesn't ask anything in return anyway. He just wants to have that time for himself. Getting all of the attention and affection slyly.

His eyes feel dry and he has to blink a few times, but then it's aching. Tears start flooding his eyes and some are now rolling down his cheeks. He bites his lips. Why time flies so fast, too fast. He knows the schedule very well, he's been avoiding to see the calendar and even being reluctant to check the time for the past week knowing that the shooting time is nearing its end. Actually he has difficulties to sleep, he's anxious. It helps cause going to the end the conflict in his role is on the . The cries seems to be naturally done, he has no difficulties in showing his misery cause he is indeed in his deepest pain. The tears will roll down endlessly. Everyone might say that he's too immersed in his role, too good in portraying his character, but Jaejoong is not faking his emotion. It's his bare emotion.

A hug surprises him, he realize that he's in an embrace now. The hand is still in his hold, so the one hugging him is the owner. He closes his eyes, sniffing the scent and enjoying their closeness. He lets go the hand to round it on the man's back, hugging Yunho back with both of his hands. Soft pats land on Jae's back, he can hear the others encouraging words, and some even teasing, Jaejoong doesn't care. He secures his hand around the man, he wants to hold him a bit longer in his hands. But by the time each second passing, it's getting harder for him to let go, and so are his tears. He starts crying in silence.

"Jae-ah.. why.." Yunho whispered, the voice he'll miss dearly, specially tonight. It's soft and tender.

"I'm sorry.." Jae replied.

Everyone seems to be touched and his friends also start to feel the sadness. Yunho pats his back more and Jaejoong nods his head. Reluctantly he releases the man from his embrace, but when finally his will let go the hand, Yunho holds it still. Jaejoong turns to the others, bowing and saying his gratitude, telling that they have done a great job too. Some of the other casts hug him but Yunho still secure Jae's hand in his. With his free hand Jae tries to wipe away the tears but they are coming back again and again.

"What do we do with you.. Jaejoong-ah.." The director .

They are still standing and chatting but then Yunho hugs him again shortly then lead him somewhere else. Jaejoong is taken to a sofa on the other room. Yunho takes the spot by his side, the hand that holding Jae's hand before now is pulling Jaejoong closer and then finds its place on Jae's shoulder. Finding the sweet gesture makes Jaejoong torn even more, he knows he'll cry again so he leans closer and hides his head on the younger neck. Yunho chuckles, pulling the older closer.

"You act like it's the end of the wold.. We have a happy ending, I'm not dead." Yunho joked.

Jaejoong hits him weakly, but the tears are still flooding.

It's not odd to find both of the men being close and intimate on the set like this, it's been like that since they're shooting for the first season. Now that they're in the second one, there's nothing changed if it's not more. They will sit so close, even lately using each other's lap and deserting the chair. In their break time, they'll be caught sleeping and cuddling together. Wherever Yunho is seen, Jaejoong must be around and vice versa. They're like an item, inseparable. Everyone acknowledges it. So they also let them be now, just like any other times when Yunho and Jaejoong consoling each other after a hard and demanding scene.

"Come on. We'll gonna have the celebratory dinner. We can eat as much as we want. I'm hungry." Yunho finally said.

The last line rings the bell. How long has he been holding him like this? Jaejoong pulls himself away, still looking down. Yunho lifts his face up and checks out his messy  face. Gently he wipes the tears from the older's cheek, smiling.

"You're helpless.." He said, standing up and reaching out his hand to Jaejoong.

They are leaving the set together, holding hands, they even go using the same car. The restaurant has been booked solely for this occasion so the privacy is well kept. Meal after meal is served, they really go all out. Actually the first three episodes has been airing and it has a wonderful rating and feedback. Every single one has always been trending world wide. It's the greatest achievement and they're hoping they can keep getting better.

"Cheers..!! Hope that you'll get the best couple award this year!!" The producer said.

"Cheers..!!" Everyone shouted.

Yunho and Jaejoong smile broadly. They really wanna get that one, more than being awarded for best actor. They have been side by side the whole time, sometimes stealing some food from each other's plate even though they have the same menu, it's ridiculous. The chats are non-stop. They take a lot of pictures together also with the others. Some of the fans, plenty of them actually, who know about the dinner are waiting outside patiently so it's not a surprising event to have them welcomed by blitzes of camera and screams here and there.

All of the casts and crews are lining together, waving and saying thank you. Of course the one who leaves the last is the pair. As usual they will give some time for their fans to take their picture and talk a little bit more. Making sweet and lovey poses are like their daily routines so it goes naturally. Posing a heart, side hugging each other, leaning really close to the extend that their lips are almost touching. It's not new, and they're used to it. But today though, Jaejoong eyes will stare deeper, and his hand will linger longer. He's smiling but everyone knows there's something.

"Jaejoong has been so sad cause this is the last day of our shooting." Yunho informed.

The one who's been talked about just smiles, a half smile.

"He's super sad." Yunho added with a chuckle.

Jaejoong nudges his side earning an 'aww..' from Yunho and cooing from their fans.

"Thank you for always supporting us, but remember the drama is still airing and it's nowhere near to the end so please keep on cheering us, okay?" Yunho asked, waving and bowing, together with Jaejoong.

They are not staying long, it's really late actually. They bid good bye, reminding everyone to go home safely. Jaejoong's manager has been waiting on the side. They finally parted with another short hug heading their respective way. Jaejoong stays in the car in silence. He looks out the window only to find that the younger has been gone. He closes his eyes, feeling a slight headache. Truthfully, it's nothing to compare with the uneasiness he has inside. He needs to sleep, Jaejoong said to himself. He needs to rest. There's no schedule for the next two days so he can use it to have a proper rest and calm himself down. He needs to get himself together.

Turns out that Jaejoong doesn't straightly go back home. He finds himself staying in the car, facing Han River. It's so late that he nearly sees no one else around. He has sent his young manager home. The view calms him a little, he actually loves to go somewhere else like beach or hot springs but he has no much time. Turning on the radio just not to feel alone, the songs gives him the comfort he needs or a proper way to let out his emotions. He'll sing along, not bothering the right pitch or note. What matters here is the feeling. 

There's a reason why he wants best couple award rather than best actor, because honestly, Jaejoong feels he doesn't deserve to get one. This whole second season scenes are not a work of acting. It's who he is not as the role. He may say all the scripted lines, needed gestures, but the rest is him. It's not him trying to be someone else appointed for him to play, it's him using the role for his own benefit. It's unacceptable, he's ashamed for his selfishness, but at least he'll get memories worth to cherish, the award he wanted will top it all. He may be ashamed of what he did, but he certainly not regretting his love for the latter. That's why he did it all.

After like two hours staying, he heads back. Sleeping in his car is not a good idea. Then he thinks That sweets always helps, he'll need have it, it's why he made the order even really early that day, had his manager to make a stop to his favorite bakery for a big cake. A vanilla cake with strawberries on top. It reminds him to his fanmeeting to celebrate his birthday. Yunho said that he couldn't come, but then he did as a surprise. He made the cake, more like just decorating it with strawberries. The cake he bought definitely looks better, but definitely not a contender to the other one. It doesn't have that sentimental value. It's okay, he doesn't need to wallow harder.  

When he reaches his apartment though, he finds someone standing in front of his door. He cannot believe his eyes.

"Yunho? What are you doing here?" Jaejoong is truly surprised.

He knows how tiring the day is for everyone including them both. It's passed midnight already! It's not a normal time to make a visit. Yunho only smiles, so Jaejoong just walks passing the man and opens the door, welcoming the man in. It's not the first time for the man to come. The last time he's here was another surprise for Jaejoong. The fanmeeting didn't hold on his exact birthday, and that day, on his very birthday Yunho came with another cake, a smaller one with candles on top, and a bouquet of red roses. It's also passed midnight but it's not as last as now, the man had an event that day. Jaejoong thought that Yunho would not come cause he's busy and the event was held far away from his place. But he did, and all of his fans know it because it's recorded by his manager and it's shared through their social media the day after.

This time tough, his manager has left already. The one who welcomes them both is Jaejoong's cat, Jiji. Yunho and Jiji doesn't have a great first encounter. The cat was hissing at the man and even managed to make a little scratch on Yunho's arm. This time Yunho only gets a stare. Perhaps because it's late and Jiji is usually asleep by this hour. The cat snuggles to Jaejoong's legs but then makes its own way back to its bed and sleeps. From the corner of his eyes he catches Yunho letting out a deep breath. So cute, Jaejoong thinks.

Well, back to the main problem here. What is he doing here? Jaejoong has another plan to watch a marathon of his favorite drama instead, maybe crying his heart out, crashing and sleeping for hours until tomorrow. He'll wear their couple t-shirt given by the fans and eat up the cake if he's crazy enough. Scratch all of that from the list cause Jaejoong doesn't even know when the man will be leaving. He'll maybe crash on his couch spending the night. It's only a few hours away to dawn. Should he feel happy?

"Am I disturbing you?" Yunho asked.

"Well, it's kinda too late to ask." Jaejoong honestly said, teasing a little.

He gestures the younger to sit while he's away to take something to drink. He leaves the cake on the table, so aside from water, he also takes small plates for it.

"Celebration part two?" Yunho eyed the cake.

"If you want to call it like that.. I have a plan to do a drama marathon and eat till you drop, sort of.." Jae shrugged.

He takes a place beside the man after placing the water bottles on the table, some cokes too, and now he's taking the cake out of its box. Yunho watches, seeing Jaejoong starting to cut some slices, putting one on each of the plates and gives one of them to the latter. Yunho only stares at it so Jaejoong eating it for himself.

"What drama do you wanna watch?" Yunho asked.

"Autumn in My Heart. Then maybe Stairway to Heaven or Winter Sonata.." He answered.

"You need boxes of tissues.." Yunho commented.

"It's right there." Jaejoong pointed out the drawer under the table.

"Sorry to disturb your plan.." Yunho said.

Maybe the man feels unwanted. But Jaejoong can tell there is something that leads the man here. Between keeping the man here or chasing him away is a tough decision to make. 

"I can still do it tomorrow. We have two days off anyway." Jaejoong said, finished with the first slice.

He moves again to take another slice and settles himself back beside the other. He turns on the television, picking the one airing online shopping. Yunho smiles at that. They watch in silence while Jaejoong enjoying the cake. 

"Do you think it's a great idea for me to buy it? Lately I wanna learn baking." Jaejoong said to break the silence.

"If you want to.."

"You think so? Then let's call the-" Jaejoong stops talking cause a finger lands on the corner of his mouth, wiping gently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter