CHAPTER 9 - You

The End In Sight

== Chapter 9 ==

 

                                                                                                       You                                                                                                      

 

== Jungkook

He didn’t know when, but Jimin began looking calmer and calmer with time. His attempts seemed to go unnoticed even when he was punching the other, Jimin just took it and the frustration within him began to increase. 

 

There had to be something out there to make the other break down.

 

-

 

He watched the other wash his face by the sink.

 

Suddenly Jimin stopped, and Jungkooks eyes traced to the mirror, where Jimins reflection was looking back at him cautiously.

 

That’s right. There was that one other thing, one that he hoped he wouldn’t have to use, but one which he knew would work on the other none less.

 

As if sensing Jimin grabbed a towel, barely able to wipe his face before Jungkook grabbed his wrist, dragging him across the room, and slamming him face front against the wall. Jimins arm was twisted behind his back; his head turned to his side, and he made barely any resistance, - clearly waiting for Jungkook to hurt him already in one way or the other.

 

Jungkook leaned forward, his breathing unsteady, as he watched a water droplet roll down the others neck. Suddenly he felt hesitation, but what other choice did he have now. He leaned in, and the second his lips met the skin of the others neck, he felt the others muscles stiffen.

 

It was stupid, but he felt like he was finally winning, until the others arm muscles relaxed under his grasp.

 

There wasn’t even a hint of struggle, and it infuriated him.

 

He had to be more aggressive, more demanding, - more frightening.

 

He pulled on the others hand, turning Jimin to face him now, and yanking Jimin’s hair to the side, and exposing the others neck even more, as he leaned in, and biting on the visible skin.

 

There was a faint wince from the other, but that was all. That was all of the others response. Jimin seen him as a joke. Jimin probably thought he was incapable of doing anything as such. Jungkook wasn’t going to do it, he wasn’t, but there was no way he was going to be seen as a joke by the other.

 

He roughly pulled the others shirt up, his fingers grabbing onto the others trouser waistband; and he felt small fingers quickly reach for his hand, but they didn’t do anything, they just lingered lightly on top of his own hand, not making any attempts to stop Jungkook. He looked up at the other expectantly, only to be greeted by Jimins distant stare to the side, as if he didn’t care, as if none of this was happening, but why?

“Why?” he said the words almost in a whisper, his annoyance and anger growing, as Jimin finally turned to look at him, with that same impassive look, like he could take anything from Jungkook without a second thought.

 

“Why are you giving up so damn easily, when you defend against everyone else…?” He paused, his own words ringing in his head like a clue.

 

"You know who I am?” Jungkook slowly said the last sentence, now letting go of the material in his hand, as he took a step back, - realisation hitting him as he spoke the words, - the possibility of such occurring to him for the first time.

 

“Of course I know who you are” Jimin answered, there was nothing in his voice, it was blind of any emotion, but it sounded so smug in Jungkooks ears, whether the smugness was truly there, or if Jungkook just wanted it to be there. “I couldn’t forget you from the time in the court room, - the way you looked at me with disgust and hatred-”

-

 

It was the court room, as Jungkook listened to the sentencing. Everything felt like a blur passing by at the speed of light.

 

The reality hit him hard, as he watched the young man being led away by guards, and he could only watch the other in disgust and hatred. 10 Years in prison wasn’t fair, it wasn’t going to give Jungkook back what was taken away from him.

 

=

 

“Did you have fun killing him!? DID YOU!?” Jungkook shouted, not waiting for the other to finish speaking, - finally letting his emotions loose, as he grabbed the others collar, pulling him in and then slamming him back hard against the wall, he had so many questions he wanted to ask, so many of them which he had to force himself to hold back all this time.

 

Jimin watched between his eyes, and Jungkook could tell something was now different about them.

 

“Why did you do it? Why?” He felt himself tear up, as the anger fuelled him, not letting go of the others collar for even one second, as he watched the other, desperate for answers.

 

“I didn’t do it” Jimin finally croaked out “I didn’t do it”.

 

“Bull!” He shouted, anger was flowing through his veins, as he watched the other, - disgust rising at the others attempt to even lie in this moment.

 

“Then who did!? Ha!? WHO!?” Jungkooks shouting continued to fill the room, - it annoyed Jungkook, how they all claimed to be innocent when the time came to own up to their crimes.

 

“He didn’t do it either… I don’t know who did it, he wouldn’t tell me… he” Jimin mumbled, he was panicking, and it was clear in his eyes, which soon began tearing up.

 

“Whose ‘he’!?” Jungkook questioned infuriated at Jimins mumbling.

 

“I can’t say” Jimin froze up, wide eyed, as if he had just realised that he had said something he shouldn’t have.

 

“Do you want me to kill you!? TELL ME WHO!” the storm of emotions inside of him was raging so visibly for the first time in this whole year.

 

“He didn’t do it…” Jimins mumbling continued.

 

Jungkook didn’t know when or how, but he felt himself being pulled away from the other by one of the prison guards, and he tried to fight back, pushing and even feeling his fist meeting one of the guards faces. The anger he felt, the greed to let it all out, and how good it all finally felt.

 

== Jimin

 

It all happened so fast. Everything that was hidden behind the scenes, had come out to present itself in such a tragic way, that Jimin panicked. He only wanted to protect the only person dear to him, but he ended up saying more than he should have, and he could only regret it now.

 

He didn’t know why he even said it. He kept it a secret for so long, but the moment he was questioned by Jungkook he just let it out. It could have been his own greed to have at least one other person know that he was innocent, or the fact that he was sure that Jungkook wouldn’t believe him either way.

 

-

 

Jungkook was locked up in one of the solitary cells. Everyone hated them. Everyone knew the effects of solitary confinement.

 

It messed with your brain.

 

He knew it, because he had been there once before. Before when he was younger.

 

He wanted for Jungkook to be released, but he was also scared of it at the same time. He was scared that Jungkook would go crazy like he did that day, or that he himself, would crack as easily and say things he shouldn’t, - he couldn’t trust himself anymore.

 

== Jungkook

“Get up” came a voice “Come on, or you still haven’t had enough?”

 

Jungkook stared blankly at the figure in the door frame, which soon enough moved away from the door, letting a bright light into the room, and he squinted at its painful brightness, quickly rubbing his eyes with his fingers, before getting up.

 

Everything felt slightly different. Being locked up in a small room, for what he was at least told to be 5 days. No outside light, not much space to move around, no one to speak to, nothing to do. Just him and his thoughts.

 

He felt vengeful, more than before.

 

-

 

He watched Myungsoos familiar figure walk towards him, which was probably the fastest he had seen him move out here during his stay so far.

 

The figure didn’t say anything upon approaching him, and instead embraced him into a tight hug, which felt so good and calming. It was the warm embrace he had needed for, for a while now.

 

They spoke for some time on one of the benches, when Jungkook had brought up the topic once again, and Myungsoo remained indifferent, - Jungkook knowing that the other was only expecting as much from Jungkook. 

“If he didn’t kill him, why didn’t he tell me who did it?” Jungkook wanted an explanation, the whole situation bugged him.

“Why do people hide things Jungkook?” Myungsoo asked.

 

Jungkook just narrowed his eyes, anticipating the answer.

 

“People lie when they want to protect something; someone”

 

“So he’s hiding someone?” Jungkook asked, eyeing the other to see if he got the right answer.

 

“He’s protecting someone” Myungsoo corrected him.

 

“I don’t understand” Jungkook shook his head, “How is this protecting someone? He's protecting a murderer? Do murderers really need any protection?” his voice getting restless.

 

“You said so yourself, that Jimin claimed that the 'he', whoever it is, did not do it either.” He gave out a sigh “Nothing is as simple as it seems, I can only tell you this from all the experience I have gathered in my life whiles dealing in this disgusting business, it’s that, one should question everything, and nothing. There are things we need to find out, and there are those truths that are best not to be known for our own sake.”

 

“You want me to let this go?” Jungkook asked, annoyed and disgusted at the thought.

 

“I’m not saying you should give up, although it would be for the best” he gave out another heavy sigh “Your anger in blinding you from seeing the truth Jungkook”

 

== Jimin

He felt guilt ride up his body upon seeing Jungkook walk into their cell at the end of the day.

 

He opened his mouth to say saying, he wanted to apologize, but his mouth remained gaping, at the end feeling unable to bring himself to say anything to the other.

 

As if understanding that Jimin wasn’t going to say anything, the other proceeded to his own bottom bunk bed.

 

It was once again a sleepless night, and he knew it was the same for the other, hearing the other toss and turn every so often.

 

What was his fate from this moment on?

 

 

== Jimin

He was being led into one of the buildings, by the usual bunch that beat him up on regular basis. He knew it was pointless to fight them, when there were at least 10 of them surrounding him, and even more, when the guards were clearly ignoring the sight of them altogether. He was so powerless in this place, - with nowhere to hide and nowhere to escape to.

 

It was normal, as normal as this could be considered by him. It was so until he was pushed into a dark room, and instead of them following in behind him, the door was just simply shut tight, and he heard the sound of the lock. Something was off, and a siren was going off inside of him.

 

He turned to the door, slamming his fists on it, though soon stopping, and turning around to scan his surroundings, in fear of what was hiding in this darkness.

 

Breathing. He could clearly hear breathing, and not just of one person. It took a while before his eyes adjusted to the darkness, as he looked frantically around, trying to spot the hiding figures.

 

It worked to certain degree, or so he hoped. Whether it was just his wishful thinking that he could see those dim figures, or if they were really where he thought they were, he just hoped they would hurry and do whatever it is that they were planning to.

 

A sneer, as one of the blurry shadows moved, although Jimin recognised the voice in disgust, he was glad that at least the figure was just as where he had thought it to be.

 

“Scared princess?” The voice proceeded to , and he felt himself laugh.

 

“Not when I will be ripping you apart” Jimin responded arrogantly.

 

His hands were searching for something to grab onto. Slowly and carefully moving not to make any noise, and not to give out to the others of what he was doing. Finding nothing in his immediate range, he decided that it was best to attack first, before he was attacked himself.

 

He ran to the figure which had spoken up, clearly surprising it, as his fist hit the others nose, and a yelp of pain rang through the room, - the others rushing in their direction in seconds.

 

It was a mess no matter how he looked. None of them could see each other well, and at some point one of them had accidently punched one of his own men.

 

A sudden light brightened the room. One of them was standing by the window, a cloth which he had pulled away from the window now in his hands. They must have thought first of scaring him, and then attacking him after removing the cover from the window, clearly not expecting Jimin to even act first.

 

He looked around, there were five of them spread out in the room. One standing by the window, two on his right, Jimin noticing the one that got accidently punched, another by the door, and the first one he himself had punched was in front of him, one hand wiping at his bloodied nose, whiles the other was resting on his knee, clenching a small knife in it, and Jimin could feel his own hope rise.

 

It was calculating. A quick step forward and a kick at the unexpected persons hand, whose grip around the knife disappeared in seconds, and Jimin took his chance, - diving for the knife with all the speed he could muster, as he stood there now, knife in his own hand, holding the sharp edge against its own master’s throat, and the room was in a standstill.

 

“Open the ing door”

 

-

 

He wasn’t even surprised to see Jungkook standing at the end of the corridor, blocking his way to the exit, - his dark expression confirming that this was the grand final which he had prepared for Jimin. He knew it, even if he escaped here now, it was not the end of these kinds of attacks, if anything, it was only the start.

 

However, that was the future, and he was currently in the present. Present, in which he had to survive in. Even if it was Jungkook himself, Jimin planned to fight back with all his might. He had to stay alive and protect his brother no matter what, and if Jungkook got in the way to that, then that was their fate.

 

                                                                                   AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

I would like to say Thank You to:

taeseokhyun

raileyrain

maichan_727

... for still bothering to read this story, and leaving lovely comments (not you  maichan_727 , your last comment included "LEMME STRANGLE U!"... that's never something one would consider as being lovely... although it may be an attempt of such in your strange ways), which I really enjoy reading (because I am weird in such way).